PDA

View Full Version : emerald turquoise On EBay 03/03/14 MO

rare4k
03-04-2014, 01:32 AM
67 Camaro SS 396 375 horse L78 4K code. One of 1138 4K cars produced of which only 249 are known to have survived. One of two known in this color. Very rare emerald turquoise. Please read the whole add for condition. A very easy restoration with a lot of the rare expensive parts original and intact and a solid body.

This car has not run since 1990 not licensed since 1986. The engine and transmission is a CE LS6 454 dated in 1970 coupled to a 325 case 1965 S vin 4 speed Muncie with Hurst shifter. So not original to the car. The rear axle is a PJ coded optional ratio 3.73 12 bolt positraction. Original Ring and pinion dated 3 67. The square bar traction bar is still in its original placement.

The underhood is in mostly otherwise original condition with the optional manual disc brakes, 467 master cylinder, original 23 inch radiator, factory original rare shroud, big block heater box ect. The non original 454 still retains the Camaro's original 1170 distributor dated May 67 but the carb is a 1970 Ford CJ 780 Holley Apparently worth about $500 as a core.

The interior is factory black in very good survivor condition. The drivers seat was reupholstered previously to covers being available and should be redone. The carpet is still very good. remaining seats and dash pad very good. Console and gauges are complete and good. The original factory tach is 6K red and 7K as it should be. Miles shown believed to be original and the doors shut as if it was. Rear package tray needs replaced.

The body is very rare color Emerald Turquoise. Repainted once many years ago. The quarters have some rust and should be repaired. The right front fender has rust both by the battery box and lower rear corner. That is the only rust on the exterior panel I have observed, The trunk has surface rust on the floor and a small repair needed on the right shock tower. Otherwise the floors are great. The front frame is surface rust only.

The trim tag is original and never removed. As is the VIN tag. A believed to be original 840 head dated May is included in the sale as is the rallys that were on the car. They are not DG nor will they hold air. The wheels tires that are on the car are NOT included, are G 70s are 14 x 7. Although they can be purchased for an additional $1000$. The window trim is included in the trunk

rare4k
03-04-2014, 02:29 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ebaymotors/1967-Camaro-SS-396-375-HP-Real-4K-Rare-color-/301111852404?_

GPM6367
03-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Wow...I posted on the First Gen Forum about this ebay listing, seeking info and opinions, and they helped and referred me here...wow again...the motherload of info on 4K cars! And the cars on this forum are amazing.

I am a newbie in that I am actually a Gen 2 Camaro lover but have become smitten with "4K" cars. I was wondering as to opinons on this car and trim tag; anyone know the car or see anything that send up red flags?

Also, how difficult will it be to find a "restoration" powertrain (i.e.- correct casting numbers and dates) and how much should I expect to have to pay? This car supposedly has its original 12 bolt but only the original distributor and 1 head.

Before I even bothered to make serious inquiry with him about the car I needed to know if he is realistic on the price and, in my opinion, he is not. I would want the car as a roller with just the dist. and head and he is looking for 22,500...I think way too much...

I found a roller that needed full restorations and sold on epay in the last 6 years for well under 10K. And it was an RS/SS car.

He points to 2 auction results from Mecum in 2013 for 90 and 95K but they were condition 1 cars with professional restorations and original powertrains. I see this car, depending on the level of resto, as a 45-65K max value when done. Am I being realistic?

If I reached an agreement on price I would insist on the contact info for previous owners estate representative to verify the history before buying it. He claims the interior has never been out so there should be a build sheet.

Xplantdad
03-27-2014, 09:15 PM
The owner of the car is a memberr here...click Here for the sale ad and the owners info! (http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/559560/67_Camaro_SS_396_Real_4K#Post559560)

GPM6367
03-28-2014, 02:51 PM
Why doesn't that surprise me...this forum is the mecca of all things L78...

Anyone in MO willing to take a look at this car for me? I need to know just how much rust repair/replacement we are talking about here...