PDA

View Full Version : Concours of America at St. John BIG Body Convert?

bashton
04-07-2014, 06:12 PM
Some of you may know I am also heavily involved with the Concours d'Elegance of America at St. John, formerly known as the Meadowbrook Concours, here in the Detroit area. This event will take place July 26.

I am also serving this year as the Show Chairman for the EyesOn Design show. This event is also in the Detroit area, and it will take place on Fathers Day, June 15. www.eyesondesigncarshow.com (http://www.eyesondesigncarshow.com)

The Concours of America is one of the nicest and most prestigious Concours events in the country. Held on the beautiful grounds of the Inn at St. John in Plymouth Michigan, it features over 300 of the world's finest automobiles ranging from the brass era to the rarest Muscle Cars and Exotics. www.concoursusa.org (http://www.concoursusa.org)

I personally handle several categories, including the Muscle Car group, which will be entirely devoted to the Aero Cars this year, and also the American Postwar 1960-1975 group, which will consist of <span style="font-style: italic">all </span>big body convertibles.

I have openings for two more big body convertibles. I lean toward performance influenced cars, but will consider others. I currently have several prime Pontiacs and Chevy's, a Mercury, a Ford, a Cadillac and an Olds confirmed.

I would like at least one Chrysler 300 letter car, but as stated above, I will consider any prime <span style="font-style: italic">big body </span>(only) convertibles. Cars must be the absolute best of the best and totally stock appearing.

I also have an opening for one more Aero car.

If you would like to be a part of one of the most prestigious events in the country, please e-mail and tell me what you would like to show. [email protected]

Several of our yenko.net family members joined accepted my invitation over the past few years, so I am sure they can chime in to say what a great event this is!

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bergy
04-07-2014, 07:05 PM
St John's is an unbelievably great venue - I've shown a few of my cars there &amp; wouldn't miss it in the future if invited (hint-hint).

DW31S
04-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Wow Bob, sounds like a great show. My wife and I have attended Pebble Beach many times and both of us mentioned we'd like to try another venue in a different part of the country. Amelia Island made the short list, but maybe this event might be the one to try. I'm gonna do some homework and see if our calendar is open at that time.

bashton
04-09-2014, 12:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bergy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">St John's is an unbelievably great venue - I've shown a few of my cars there &amp; wouldn't miss it in the future if invited (hint-hint). </div></div>

Thanks for the kind words and also for participating in the past.

You can count on an invitation from me again for the 2015 show, as I know you have several cars that will be perfect for next years Muscle group, to be announced later. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

Bashton
MCACN managing Member

bashton
04-09-2014, 12:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DW31S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow Bob, sounds like a great show. My wife and I have attended Pebble Beach many times and both of us mentioned we'd like to try another venue in a different part of the country. Amelia Island made the short list, but maybe this event might be the one to try. I'm gonna do some homework and see if our calendar is open at that time. </div></div>

I can assure you, it is worth the effort, and I am honored to be a part of the show. Hope you and your wife are able to make it and if you do, you'll find the MCACN booth near the main entrance with a smiling Vicki behind the tables! (I'll most likely being running around schmoozing...)

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

JpMotorsports
04-09-2014, 07:17 PM
Def a great and special show. I hope to one day have a car worthy of being accepted into this great concours

bashton
04-23-2014, 01:24 AM
Still in need of a Chrysler product...

Any nice 300 convertibles out there? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

(I had the '61 300G convert. from MCACN there last year)

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
05-08-2014, 12:51 PM
OK, I found a factory built Paxton blown Studebaker convertible, but have an opening for one more drop-top. This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of one of the most prestigious Concours events in the country!

Anyone, anyone? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
06-22-2014, 11:33 AM
I have to say I am very pleased with the final lineup for this category this year. ALL of the cars are outstanding...and what a diversified lineup!

1. 1960 Pontiac Bonneville convertible, red, George Hanson, IL.
2. 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz, gold, Ed Meuer, MI.
3. 1962 Pontiac Bonneville convertible, black, Ken Nagel, IL.
4. 1963 Studebaker Lark R2, white, John Myer, OH.
5. 1964 Ford Galaxie 427, red, Dean Klein, MN.
6. 1964 Lincoln Continental, black, Rick Sacks, IL
7. 1964 Mercury Parklane convertible, cream, MI
8. 1966 Chevy Impala SS 427 convertible, blue, Leigh Scott; MI.
9. 1967 Pontiac Grand Prix convertible, black, Jerry Papesh, IL.
10. 1967 Chevy Impala SS, blue, Werner Meier, MI.
11. 1969 Chrysler 300, red, Will Rupprecht, AL.
12. 1970 Oldsmobile 98 convertible, blue, Cindy Klemm, MI.

And then, I have an even dozen <span style="font-style: italic">Aero Warriors</span> for the Muscle Car category, with at least one of ALL the available engine offerings for the Charger 500 and Daytona along with 440-4, 440-6 and Hemi Superbirds, a pair of Talladega's, a Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II Cale Yarborough and a Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II Dan Gurney.

Hope you will consider joining us at the Innat St. John in Plymouth, Michigan, July 27! www.concoursusa.org. (http://www.concoursusa.org)