PDA

View Full Version : More registry factoids and new registry format

bergy
06-30-2014, 10:53 PM
I was just updating the registry with quite a few more data points and noted a few things of interest on the 1969 Camaro registry pages:

1. 49 of the 69 ZL1s are known to exist
2. 101 0f 203* 1969 Yenko Camaros are known to exist
3. 115 non-Yenko L72 COPOs are known to exist
4. 8 RS COPOs are known to exist (somebody better jump on Charley's field find!)

Please note that these findings are based on cars that are listed in the SYC Registry. There may be cars that exist, but are not listed (IF SO, PLEASE GET THE INFORMATION TO ME). Frankly, I was surprised at the high percentage of ZL1s and Yenkos that have been found - a testament to the determination of the folks who have doggedly searched out these cars over the years! Also testament to the value of having VINs available when searching for vehicles. According to our population of known cars - non-Yenko L72s are nearly as rare as Yenko L72s!

Also note that we will be adding three columns to the left side of the registry for 1969 Camaros. These columns indicate if the car is a ZL1 (column 1), Yenko (column 2), or non-Yenko COPO (column 3). This makes it easy identify the different COPO cars. I've attached a copy of page 1 of this update for you perusal. Bruce will be posting this entire update within the next few days.

* 198 and 202 are the most common totals for the number of Yenko Camaros produced. I know that there is at least one "typo" on one of the lists, and a couple of duplicates. If anyone has a definitive number (with VINs) - let me know.

bergy
10-20-2014, 10:31 AM
New and updated factoids:

----------------------------------------Number if VINs known------------Number of cars found--------------percent of VINs found
1967 Camaros---------------------------------56-------------------------------13-------------------------------------23
1968 Camaros---------------------------------39-------------------------------22-------------------------------------56
1968 Novas-----------------------------------50-------------------------------11-------------------------------------22
1969 Camaros--------------------------------475------------------------------309-------------------------------------65
1969 Chevelles------------------------------140-------------------------------61-------------------------------------44
1969 Novas-----------------------------------26-------------------------------10-------------------------------------38
1970 Novas----------------------------------135-------------------------------95-------------------------------------70
-
-
They're still out there!!!

bergy
11-08-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't know how many of you noticed, but it's now easy to access the registry right from the SYC home page. Just look over on the left side where the Yenko car/years are located. Below the Yenkos, each car/year of the registry is listed. Click on the car/year that you want to look at that list appears!! Thanks Clill!!