PDA

View Full Version : MCACN 2014 Show Q&A For All

bashton
11-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Since our phone lines are so jammed, and most of the time, as fast as we get the voice mails, there are three more in there....

Thought I would set up this post as a "Q&A" where I will check in periodically, and where past participants and spectators can chime in with their experiences and answers.

Since most of the calls we have been getting are pretty basic, hopefully this will alleviate the amount of calls so we can get the important issues handles to prepare for the show.

First off;

<span style="font-weight: bold">How much gas can I have?</span> 1/4 tank of fuel or less, and YES...they DO check it and will not let you in the building if it is above. And no..they do not allow you to siphon, so if it is higher, keys go directly to Bob or Ian, who will promptly assist in depleting the excess fuel for you! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

Let the questions roll!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Ryan1969Chevelle
11-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Perfect.

I don't want to bombard you with questions, so this will work well.

1: Do the cars have to crank and run to enter?

2: Can an owner ask to have his move in time changed to a different move in time? Like late Thursday?

3: Does the whole MCACN team understand how much we appreciate this life altering car event?

Ryan

bashton
11-02-2014, 02:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan1969Chevelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perfect.

I don't want to bombard you with questions, so this will work well.

1: Do the cars have to crank and run to enter? <span style="font-weight: bold">NO, cars can be pushed and we are happy to provide assistance. We also have a designated &quot;pull&quot; cart.</span>

2: Can an owner ask to have his move in time changed to a different move in time? Like late Thursday? [b<span style="font-weight: bold">]Cars that are scheduled for Friday move in will absolutely not be allowed in on Thursday, so please don't ask. Reason is, Friday cars may be in area's that impede the flow of traffic. Also, we have to spread out the influx of cars and vendors over the two days so that we have minimal wait times for everyone. Please note; anyone with a Thursday move-in CAN come in Friday and anyone can come in after their assigned time, but not before.
</span>

3: Does the whole MCACN team understand how much we appreciate this life altering car event? <span style="font-weight: bold">Did you say mind altering?</span> <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Ryan

</div></div>

Charley Lillard
11-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Just to be clear...Bob was kidding about him or Ian depleting the gas for you. Make sure you have less than a 1/4 tank. You will also need to disconnect a battery cable so try to remember to bring the right tool for it.

1969l78
11-03-2014, 12:05 AM
Is Thursday a move in day too or is it just friday?

bashton
11-03-2014, 12:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1969l78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is Thursday a move in day too or is it just friday? </div></div>

Thursday move in is reserved for Sponsors and select participants only.

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

PLATINUM6BBL
11-03-2014, 01:28 AM
Due to distance I plan on being there late Thursday afternoon. Is there secure trailer parking at the host hotels? I will not park my trailer with car off site from where I'm staying.

bashton
11-03-2014, 11:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Due to distance I plan on being there late Thursday afternoon. Is there secure trailer parking at the host hotels? I will not park my trailer with car off site from where I'm staying. </div></div>

If you are staying at one of our Host Hotels and you are arriving later, I recommend parking behind the Crowne Plaza O'Hare, which is right on N. River and across from our check-in point at the Rosemont Theater. They have a nice big open flat lot and you can walk to any of the four host hotels. The other three hotels use parking garages and are not set up to accommodate trailers. Our Marshalling lot is approximately 1/4 mile away, but we do have security there 24/7 starting Thursday morning. Our shuttles run during normal move-in hours.

You will be receiving explicit maps and instructions in the mail, as we are sending the move-in packs this week.

Thanks and looking forward to hosting you and all of the Pure Stock gang!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

njsteve
11-03-2014, 12:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Due to distance I plan on being there late Thursday afternoon. Is there secure trailer parking at the host hotels? I will not park my trailer with car off site from where I'm staying. </div></div>

If you are staying at one of our Host Hotels and you are arriving later, I recommend parking behind the Crowne Plaza O'Hare, which is right on N. River and across from our check-in point at the Rosemont Theater. They have a nice big open flat lot and you can walk to any of the four host hotels. The other three hotels use parking garages and are not set up to accommodate trailers. Our Marshalling lot is approximately 1/4 mile away, but we do have security there 24/7 starting Thursday morning. Our shuttles run during normal move-in hours.

You will be receiving explicit maps and instructions in the mail, as we are sending the move-in packs this week.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member </div></div>

Oh, and follow the directions for the exact location to park inside the hotel lot if they still offer the discounted parking rate. We got hosed last year parking in the wrong spot which was only a row or two away from the right spot which we would have found had we actually read the directions on the handout. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif

(My fault, I know - but we were too excited to get over to the show)

bashton
11-04-2014, 01:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Due to distance I plan on being there late Thursday afternoon. Is there secure trailer parking at the host hotels? I will not park my trailer with car off site from where I'm staying. </div></div>

Bashton

Oh, and follow the directions for the exact location to park inside the hotel lot if they still offer the discounted parking rate. We got hosed last year parking in the wrong spot which was only a row or two away from the right spot which we would have found had we actually read the directions on the handout. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif

(My fault, I know - but we were too excited to get over to the show) </div></div>

Good point, Steven. Exhibitors and people staying at the DoubleTree or Embassy Suites or <span style="font-style: italic">ANY of our participants</span> can purchase a multi-day discount parking pass when you check in, (only).

This is for parking on the Embassy side of the city parking structure right across from the convention center, which means that even if you stay at the DT, you still need to park on the Embassy side. It is all connected, but for some reason that is the requirement that we have to meet to get the special pricing.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

PLATINUM6BBL
11-06-2014, 04:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Due to distance I plan on being there late Thursday afternoon. Is there secure trailer parking at the host hotels? I will not park my trailer with car off site from where I'm staying. </div></div>

Bashton
I move in Thursday. All is good!

bashton
11-06-2014, 04:50 PM
As an FYI; the show is now <span style="font-style: italic">FULL </span>in all area's.

I do have a &quot;standby&quot; list going in case of any cancellations, so if you want in and did not register, e-mail me at [email protected] to be added to the list.

Whew...what a year this has been and what a show this will be! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Thanks to all for the continued support.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Postsedan
11-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Whew...what a year this has been and what a show this will be! beers

Thanks to all for the continued support.
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Thank you Bob for ALL YOU DO <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

The Best Muscle Car Show on Earth!

Dan

Born30YrsLate
11-17-2014, 02:49 PM
How does move out work?...Sunday evening?...Monday?...

69 Post Sedan
11-17-2014, 02:57 PM
After the show on Sunday, you either drive your car out to your trailer or bring your trailer in the facility.

Kurt

SS427
11-17-2014, 10:37 PM
And driving your car out gets you on the road about 2 hours earlier than the trailered cars. Ask me how I know. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif Unfortunately, Chicago is forecasted with snow this weekend so that might not be pretty.

Postsedan
11-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Rick - Zip It! With that 4 letter word! NO - S_ _ w this weekend :-)

Dan

Alss
11-18-2014, 11:51 AM
I'm stoked!..friday cant get here quick enough.

Postsedan
11-18-2014, 12:39 PM
Albert - bring a favorite drink to warm us up <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

Dan

njsteve
11-18-2014, 02:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69 Post Sedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After the show on Sunday, you either drive your car out to your trailer or bring your trailer in the facility.

Kurt </div></div>

That is the best part of the show: the flag drops and everyone cranks up the monster cars and flees the building. It's like the ultimate 3-D video game.

Come to think of it Bob, you guys should get someone to film the move out and post it on next years site!

bashton
11-19-2014, 12:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And driving your car out gets you on the road about 2 hours earlier than the trailered cars. Ask me how I know. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif Unfortunately, Chicago is forecasted with snow this weekend so that might not be pretty. </div></div>

Aint gonna happen! Will be in the 40's for move out, and cold but DRY for move-in!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

SS427
11-19-2014, 01:29 PM
That's what I get for looking at the forecast on Sunday. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif

Charley Lillard
11-19-2014, 01:34 PM
One last reminder to have less than a 1/4 tank of gas at move in.

1969l78
11-19-2014, 01:40 PM
If you have a thursday move in, is it wise to bring a car cover for your car since there will be a ton of move in activity friday? just wondering.

COPO CARTEL
11-19-2014, 03:14 PM
What does a 2 day event pass cost ? I am looking to purchase 4

A12pilot
11-19-2014, 03:58 PM
HURRY UP Tomorrow!!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif Wife and I are on the 8:00am Flight to ORD. Move in time for me and the &quot;Beater Bee&quot; is between 2:00pm-8:00pm. So freakin' excited!! I entered Kelly in the amateur modeling contest too, and she's UBER excited about it. My first time attending, and I'm beside myself with anticipation angst. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif Looking forward to meeting some of you, and Bob and Vicki (and everyone else involved, of course), thanks for putting on such a great show!!! I feel like I'm 5yrs old waiting for Santa to bring me my Flexible Flyer sled!!

Cheers <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif
Dave

Xplantdad
11-19-2014, 07:50 PM
Leaving Sky Harbor in AZ at 7:051am tomorrow with Holly in tow. We get to ORD at 11:30am-ish <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Then, we're off to help Bob! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

SS427
11-19-2014, 09:51 PM
Can't wait to see you and my step daughter again....... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

kwhizz
11-20-2014, 12:38 AM
Bruce,........Bring your long underware.......LOL

Xplantdad
11-20-2014, 03:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwhizz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bruce,........Bring your long underware.......LOL
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't wait to see you and my step daughter again....... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif</div></div>

Ken, bringing long pants, shorts, t-shirts and even a jacket!

Rick...LOL, see you soon! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

SmallHurst
11-20-2014, 03:39 AM
See you jokers this weekend!! I am geeked again for this event!!

KenMaisano
11-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Leaving So Cal, Today at 1:30 very excited to see some old friends and meet some new ones.
Let the Fun begin!!

Ken Maisano

Born30YrsLate
11-21-2014, 01:22 AM
What hours is the facility open on Friday?

A12pilot
11-21-2014, 01:31 AM
Oh my god this place is so much fun!!

Tooo...many....cars....can't.....seem...to...form. ...complete.....sentences.....anymore <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

All cars have to be in by tomorrow by 8pm, according to the instructions.

My brain is still trying to take it all in, and it's just the first move in day. What a show!

cheers

dave

John
11-21-2014, 10:59 AM
... Let the party begin <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif

... Be safe and have a great time..... this weekend will fly by <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif

... Any photos of the unloading <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cool.gif

AutumngoldL78
11-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Me and some friends are fling out of Memphis at 6am ,see you guys at the doors a 9am.Really looking forward to meeting some of you guys and seeing some cars.

Smokey
11-21-2014, 05:25 PM
I got in at 715 with the truck and trailer. I

A12pilot
11-21-2014, 07:27 PM
Sweet! I doubt anyone has posted this yet, but THIS SHOW IS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! What's that, a Hemi COPO Six Pack GSX Judge with a 406 L89 Tri-Deuce Rochester Fuel injection system....with air conditioning? Oh yes it is! You laugh, but I'm pretty sure it's here in this show somewhere <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Cheers <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Tommy Nolen
11-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Hey, I got a question.....you guys cameras broke?????

A12pilot
11-22-2014, 10:34 AM
Not only did my camera break, and I can't speak for the rest of us, but my brain exploded about :23 seconds into the building! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

My attention span has become one that's pretty much equivalent to my Yellow Lab, Lacy. &quot;OMG, I love playing ball Dad!!! This is so much fun that I could do this forev....SQUIRREL!!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

&quot;Is that a Boss? (Gasp), YENKO! (Grasp chest in Fred Sanford motion, extend left arm out..) Mr. Duntov, I'm headin' up....Mr. Shinoda....This is the big one.......Mr. Wangers....I'll see you soon.....&quot; &quot;I'm not dead, you idiot. I'm over there signing books!&quot; <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

Here's a few from my phone, enjoy! http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/11/full-18993-18719-image.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/11/full-18993-18720-image.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/11/full-18993-18721-image.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/11/full-18993-18722-image.jpg

A12pilot
11-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Whoops, sorry, a double picture. See? Brain unable to clearly function just yet <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

The Infamous &quot;Mr. Woj&quot; and I next to his beautiful COPO. It's been 13yrs since we've seen each other, and luckily, we still recognized one another. Although I had a plan in place in case we both rusted out as to be non-identifiable to each other. Fortunately, we are both in the survivor category! My plan? Wait until there were as many people around his car and yell, &quot;PHIL!!!!!&quot; in a tone that one with that moniker would respond to, but not enough decibels to attraction attention from non-Phil people.

Funny thing is our positions on the floor. While moving in, I noticed we were both on the ends of our rows and our cars could be seen together. I have some better shots on my camera I'll download at home, but how cool is that?!?!?! I'll answer that....TOTALLY FREAKIN' COOL!!!!!
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/11/full-18993-18723-image.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/11/full-18993-18724-image.jpg
Cheers <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Tommy Nolen
11-22-2014, 12:50 PM
That's great! thanks for the photos...have fun

Bill Pritchard
11-23-2014, 12:59 AM
Do I see an E-body Mopar up on a lift in the background???? If so, that must be some display.

Thanks for posting the pictures <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

A12pilot
11-23-2014, 10:38 AM
You're welcome! More to come when I get home as most are on my camera. That lift is for the judges to go over your car for whatever certification you're going for, I believe. I've seen various cars on the lift over the course of the day.

So much fun and meeting so many new friends. I actually think my wife is making more friends than me!!! Mikey, Scott, Rob, Ron........Cinnamon, Rizzo, Rocky....they're all here!!!! I grabbed my name tag for the registry in hopes of meeting more guys off the forum. Man, I hope there's not face/name association test after the show. I'll try and pass it like I got through college....osmosis and picking &quot;C&quot;. HA! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

A few from the Color my World display. My eyes gave up a while ago. They reverted to black and white. I can see it now, COP: &quot;Um, Mr. Molnar, what color was that traffic light that you just went through?&quot; Me: &quot;Yes&quot; <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

Cheers http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/11/full-18993-18747-image.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/11/full-18993-18748-image.jpg
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

John
11-23-2014, 11:28 AM
... Okay guys , This is the last day.... get those cameras ready <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif

Ryan1969Chevelle
11-24-2014, 12:45 PM
SQUIRREL!!

Your explanation is second to none, I have been having a hard time getting it across in text:-)

Ryan

SS427
11-24-2014, 08:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A12pilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The Infamous &quot;Mr. Woj&quot; and I next to his beautiful COPO. It's been 13yrs since we've seen each other, and luckily, we still recognized one another. </div></div>

Dave and Phil, great to meet you both and enjoyed the short chats. Both great down to earth guys for sure. Phil, sorry I never got back to you later in the day but was preoccupied with porcelain thanks to that lovely cafe!

m22mike
11-24-2014, 10:17 PM
Dave
Great to meet both you and your wife, her day two garb was awesome, being a closet Mopar guy I was very impressed with your car, thanks for the tour.
Now get busy and restore that beast..... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Can-I-Have-It.gif

Mike

Woj
11-24-2014, 10:18 PM
Rick,

You weren't the only one. There were a lot of us that came down with some kind of stomach bug Saturday night and into Sunday.

There was something going around, not sure if it was the cafe or something at the Embassy Suites; probably both. You make the 8th person I know that got some kind of bug. I'm sure there were more.

Anyway, I'll get your mats made soon. It was nice to see you and the other SYC guys. It was especially nice to spend time with my buddy Dave and his wife Kelley. We had only traded phone calls and emails for the last 13 years.

Phil Woj.

ORIGLS6
11-24-2014, 11:07 PM
That &quot;stomach bug&quot; is what kept me from attending Saturday, and I was nowhere near either of the places you mention. Actually this is my second go-round with it in the past couple of weeks so there's a fair-to-good chance it had nothing to do with your food service. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif

kwhizz
11-25-2014, 12:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A12pilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The Infamous &quot;Mr. Woj&quot; and I next to his beautiful COPO. It's been 13yrs since we've seen each other, and luckily, we still recognized one another. </div></div>

Dave and Phil, great to meet you both and enjoyed the short chats. Both great down to earth guys for sure. Phil, sorry I never got back to you later in the day but was preoccupied with porcelain thanks to that lovely cafe! </div></div>

Oppppppsssss!!!!!