PDA

View Full Version : STEAK IN CHICAGO

Tracker1
11-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Just wondering where to get a great steak in Chicago? Opinions? Is it worth going anywhere other than Gibson's there by the convention centre or...? thanks in advance.

Mr70
11-18-2014, 03:24 PM
For right where you'll be,that's probably the best/finest & most convenient.
If you want to travel some,Chicago Cut Steakhouse on N.LaSalle St.is incredible.
Smith & Wollensky on N.State is also very well known & has a huge local following.
David Burke's Primehouse on Rush is worth the trip too.
DITKAS in Oak Brook Terrace is very underrated,and serves a really good steak.
Michael Jordans Steak House on N.Michigan is also very good...And he does drop in & eat there alot.

Canuck
11-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Atta Boy Des, I am getting Hungry already!

Born30YrsLate
11-18-2014, 04:35 PM
There's a Fogo de Chao (Brazilian Steakhouse) behind the Double Tree Hotel. For those who aren't familiar with this type of resturaunt it is all u can eat steak, a variety to choose from too, but not just steak they have other meat too like chicken and lamb and a big salad bar (never tried it). They come around with hunks of meat on spickets and cut you off pieces. You get what looks like a drink coaster that's red on one side and green on the other...as long as the green side is up they keep bringing food until you turn the coaster to the red side up. The first time I tried this restaurant was in Brazil and have hit up several in the states since then. It is expensive probably ~$45 for dinner, however I've found out that lunch is ~$25 and serves the same items. Not sure of the etiquette in Chicago but in Brazil they let you sit there for hours flipping your coaster.
You should also try a Caipirinha, which is Brazil's national cocktail made with cachaça.

Stefano
11-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Amateurs, all of yous.

You have another top rated Chicago Steakhouse, right around the corner. It's called Morton's and you have a great Italian Restaurant just North of the Convention center, which also severs a great Steak, it called Carlucci's.

Mr70
11-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Lets not forget Steak & Shake.

Verne_Frantz
11-18-2014, 05:19 PM
I was just inquiring about the same thing. Thanks for the recommendations!
Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

Smokey
11-18-2014, 06:20 PM
And now what about the beef sandwiches..... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Smokey
11-18-2014, 06:21 PM
I remember McCormick and Schmits has a killer happy hour too.

RPOLS3
11-18-2014, 06:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And now what about the beef sandwiches..... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif
</div></div>

Portillo's (http://www.portillos.com/portillos/locations/)

Jake

earntaz
11-18-2014, 07:20 PM
Ditka's place...

Stefano
11-18-2014, 09:08 PM
http://www.yelp.com/biz/johnnies-beef-elmwood-park (Best Italian Beefs in all the World).

I prefer the special blend Portillo's Dogs. Warren Buffett / Berkshire Hathaway, just acquired them. But this place is Iconic and not far away.

http://www.geneandjudes.com/

If your going to drive into the City and want a truly Great Steak (if you can get in) the this is the place; http://geneandgeorgetti.com/

Sea food in the City then; http://www.nicks-fishmarket.com/

Ambiance &amp; View as well as great food and wine list then go to the Top of the Hancock building; http://www.signatureroom.com/

Salvatore
11-18-2014, 10:11 PM
never had a bad meal at Gibson's either.

Tracker1
11-18-2014, 10:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Atta Boy Des, I am getting Hungry already! </div></div>

Get ready to &quot;roll&quot; ....out of a restaurant, Paul...

Wow, great recos - choices, choices. Hmmmm.

Thanks boys!

Shevelle
11-18-2014, 11:15 PM
We didn't get to eat at Gibson's the last time we were there because the line was out the door and the waiting time was ridiculous. So I made reservations yesterday... and a lot of the good time slots were already filled. So better get your name in right away!

Tracker1
11-18-2014, 11:34 PM
Done! Morton's Saturday Night. Thanks all.

m22mike
11-18-2014, 11:37 PM
How about the Capital Grill ?

1969L78Nova
11-19-2014, 01:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tracker1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Done! Morton's Saturday Night. Thanks all. </div></div>
Great choice ! See how many of those giant steak knives you can stuff in your pockets!

Tommy Nolen
11-20-2014, 12:38 PM
Stick with Gibson's Verne

Verne_Frantz
11-20-2014, 02:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tommy Nolen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stick with Gibson's Verne </div></div>

Probably too late for reservations now.......

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif

Shevelle
11-20-2014, 03:14 PM
We will gladly squeeze you in at our table Verne. 7:30 Friday. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

Verne_Frantz
11-20-2014, 03:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shevelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will gladly squeeze you in at our table Verne. 7:30 Friday. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif </div></div>

PM sent. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Tracker1
11-20-2014, 09:13 PM
got an extra place at the table for any SYC-ers....

Salvatore
11-20-2014, 09:43 PM
If you go in to Gibson's with Schonye they will seat you immediately. He is kind of a celebrity there because he works on Opera's cars so they sat us right away without issue. Ken is the man!!!

WILMASBOYL78
11-20-2014, 10:15 PM
This seems like the most active thread for the Chicago Shindig...so, I'll throw something in here <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Hope everyone has a great time...safe travels...enjoy the cars and the people...hopefully I can make next year's party.

Best...Wilma

ps...Tibor called me this morning...he will be there Saturday...lunch is on him!

Alss
11-20-2014, 11:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

ps...Tibor called me this morning...he will be there Saturday...lunch is on him! </div></div>

Hot dogs? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

WILMASBOYL78
11-21-2014, 12:12 AM
He has a line of credit at Portillo's...eat hearty!