PDA

View Full Version : HOPE EVERYONE MADE IT HOME SAFE

Mr. Chevy
11-25-2014, 02:49 AM
It was nice seeing the fellas from the site here at the show. Unfortunately we only get to see one another once or twice a year at these types of venues. Bruce, My Wife and I really enjoyed talking to you and Holly. Hopefully we can come out some time to your neck of the woods and check out the car scene there and visit with you guys...

The show was AWESOME and seems to get better and better every year!! My hats off to Bob Ashton and all the others who make this show what it is!!! I really hope everyone made it home safely. That driving rain and nasty wind when we got back into Ohio was horrible to drive in... We drove in rain all the way from Chicago until the east side of Toledo Sunday night.

A HUGE THANK YOU to Doug Perry "COPO CARTEL" for helping out with the transport of Phil Woj's COPO...

On a side note, My Wife and I escaped that nasty virus that was going around. I REALLY FEEL BAD for those that got infected with it!! It is one thing being sick at home but when you are away from home and get that ill it is NO FUN!! I have been there before...

Happy Holidays to all...

Rich

Xplantdad
11-25-2014, 04:35 AM
Rich..likewise, sir! I have some of the pics up already...and you appear in one of the upcoming ones <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Let us know when you are ready to come out this way <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Due to weather delays our flight got into Phoenix much later than anticipated.....I fell into bed at 1:30am this morning and had to be up by 5:45 for work....I am off to bed now...

Thanks to all involved for a great time!

69hurstSC
11-25-2014, 01:11 PM
Very sloppy traveling through Wisconsin the next day. It added another 2.5 hours to our commute home.

SS427
11-25-2014, 02:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
On a side note, My Wife and I escaped that nasty virus that was going around. I REALLY FEEL BAD for those that got infected with it!! It is one thing being sick at home but when you are away from home and get that ill it is NO FUN!! I have been there before...
Rich </div></div>

I was one of the 'lucky' ones though I am fairly certain it was due to a salad I ate at the cafe. The exact same thing happened last year (you would think I would learn). Also, I find it hard to believe that everyone came down with the same virus so soon after arriving. All I can tell you is it SUCKED! Coming out both ends all weekend while trying to get some work done and meet with several people. Being ill in your room is one thing but while at the show is something all together different. Not fun! Good to see everyone none the less.

m22mike
11-25-2014, 03:32 PM
Got back A OK, stayed the night @ exit 77 off I80 in Indiana, it was like after 0200.
Felt like crap on Sunday, but not any reason to stay near a bathroom. Same thing on Monday.
Today it caught up to me a little. At least no pucking <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/sick.gif
Crazy so many got ill with no common link to the food ?

Mike

68l30
11-26-2014, 01:02 AM
Back home safe in CLE, late night getting loaded then drove straight thru, arrived home 7:13 am ..

That virus was a butt kicker! Hit me 3 am on Sun and lasted to 3 am Monday. Made the 3-1/2 hour wait in the stageing lines &quot;interesting&quot;.... Lost 13 pounds to it also!

Had a great time, really enjoied talking to many friends from here and meeting many new ones.

BIG. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

JBALL
11-26-2014, 01:25 AM
Good seeing you again Steve. Enjoyed hearing the history on your car.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 68l30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back home safe in CLE, late night getting loaded then drove straight thru, arrived home 7:13 am ..

That virus was a butt kicker! Hit me 3 am on Sun and lasted to 3 am Monday. Made the 3-1/2 hour wait in the stageing lines &quot;interesting&quot;.... Lost 13 pounds to it also!

Had a great time, really enjoied talking to many friends from here and meeting many new ones.

BIG. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif</div></div>

68l30
11-26-2014, 01:49 AM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif Thanks for stopping by to say hey!

BIG

bergy
11-26-2014, 12:29 PM
Got home safely. Car &amp; trailer are washed and put away. Now I'm waiting for the SNOW to begin! Very thankful that it waited until today to cool down.

You folks are the BEST - can't wait until the next MCACN!

enio45
11-26-2014, 03:54 PM
nice to see everyone.....BIG and Bergy - new introductions....great guys

kevlisa
12-06-2014, 04:07 PM
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/12/full-2779-19350-291.jpg
We drove this home, about 800 miles. The 440 ran perfect. Took us about 13 hours. Rain slowed us down a bit.

Charley Lillard
12-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Glad you came. That car is cool.

PLATINUM6BBL
12-09-2014, 08:39 PM
I too made it home ok. Thought I'd have a tail wind and pick up mileage but the wind was swirling around so I felt a head wind on the way home as well, uugghh! Slept in hotel Dodge from around 1:30am to 6am at a rest area then back at it. Did have a good time. Thanks for having me out! http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/12/full-1686-19514-iphone_pics_3_55_2679_1.jpg

PLATINUM6BBL
12-09-2014, 08:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevlisa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/12/full-2779-19350-291.jpg
We drove this home, about 800 miles. The 440 ran perfect. Took us about 13 hours. Rain slowed us down a bit. </div></div>
Loved this wagon as well as the Pontiac one that was there.

Verne_Frantz
12-09-2014, 09:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I too made it home ok. Thought I'd have a tail wind and pick up mileage but the wind was swirling around so I felt a head wind on the way home as well, uugghh! Slept in hotel Dodge from around 1:30am to 6am at a rest area then back at it. Did have a good time. Thanks for having me out! http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/12/full-1686-19514-iphone_pics_3_55_2679_1.jpg
</div></div>

Aaaah, so it was you that I talked to when that car drew me to it! Soooo much like the one I had when new. Don't forget about that build sheet I talked to you about.

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

PLATINUM6BBL
12-10-2014, 09:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Verne_Frantz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aaaah, so it was you that I talked to when that car drew me to it! Soooo much like the one I had when new. Don't forget about that build sheet I talked to you about.

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif </div></div>
Hey Verne! It was good talking with you. Thought I had found a home for your door but my buddy found one by the time I got back to him. I won't forget about the sheet, now to find the car so it can be re-united.