PDA

View Full Version : 2015 LS6 Invitational

SS427
01-12-2015, 01:21 PM
It is now official, at the 2015 MCACN show Rick Nelson and Chris White will be hosting an LS6 invitational. We are planning on over 20 cars with efforts being made to have one of every color produced as well as the three body styles. Many of you may remember a similar display from the 2008 VetFest and this display will be much larger. Also on display will be a huge 70 Chevelle and LS6 memorabilia display thanks to Chris, Kevin Biermann and his overwhelming T-K display, a rolling chassis display, engine display as well as other neat LS6 items. So far we have confirmed the Red Alert LS6 coupe and Truppi_Kling LS6 convert launching together at the starting line complete with Chrondek Christmas tree thanks to Jeff Murphy. Also two other LS6 converts, several survivor cars and some other very unique LS6 cars. If you have anything that you feel would be an asset to the display please contact either myself or Chris White. Also, if you have a car that you feel would be a great example for the display please let us know. We are trying to keep duplication to a minimum but for unique cars we will make an exception. Hope to see you there.
Rick and Chris

SS427
01-12-2015, 02:09 PM
I want to add that we are also trying to get one or both of the known "Pilot" LS6 cars to the show as well and have them sit side by side if possible. Stay tuned.

mockingbird812
01-12-2015, 02:11 PM
This will be AWESOME and LONG overdue!!!!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif Glad to hear you guys are pulling it together. Thanks!!

bashton
01-12-2015, 03:14 PM
Hats off to Rick and Chris for stepping up. As many of you know, this display is guaranteed to be over the top, as these guys take what they do very seriously and are committed to presenting the finest examples and the rarest variations. Fact is, they have actually been working on this already for over a year!

As stated, this display, (and all of the MCACN special displays) is about <span style="font-style: italic">quality </span>and not quantity. We aim to create the very best display of these automobiles along with some really cool related parts and memorabilia. It is all about keeping the show fresh, exciting and unexpected.

Registration is now open for the show for both cars and vendors, and no...it isn't too early to make the commitment! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

m22mike
01-12-2015, 03:20 PM
Two of the best... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif...putting on a LS6 display... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif

Mike

RPOLS3
01-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Might be cool to have some LS6 Corvettes as well....???

Just a thought........

Jake

SS427
01-12-2015, 11:00 PM
Jake, we did the LS6 Corvette display as part of the 2008 showcase and it worked out really nicely. However and based on the amount of time and work involved in putting this together I would rather see the owners of these cars put on their own invitational and set it up next to the Chevelles. That way it is not us dictating who and what but rather the Corvette owners. That would be a great asset to the show and display.

RPOLS3
01-13-2015, 12:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jake, we did the LS6 Corvette display as part of the 2008 showcase and it worked out really nicely. However and based on the amount of time and work involved in putting this together I would rather see the owners of these cars put on their own invitational and set it up next to the Chevelles. That way it is not us dictating who and what but rather the Corvette owners. That would be a great asset to the show and display.</div></div>

Great idea - would be neat to see a display of LS6 Corvettes and Chevelles side by side.

bashton
01-13-2015, 12:49 PM
Stay tuned... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

ZAPPER68
01-13-2015, 06:00 PM
Hi Rick,

Is Oliver P coming down from Saskatchewan with either of his LS6 cars?

SS427
01-13-2015, 09:49 PM
Yes, Likely his Pilot LS6 (if) I get it done in time.

SS427
01-13-2015, 09:49 PM
Yes, Likely his Pilot LS6 (if) I get it done in time.

Postsedan
01-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Hats off to Chris and Rick!!!!!

This will be awesome - let's hope you beat the record of the number of Black colored LS6's from my previous LS6 Display three years ago. Go Cumby, Go Cumby :-)

Plus, hoping and praying that no one stomps their feet and throws their hat, wink, wink <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif

Dan

SS427
01-14-2015, 12:38 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif

ls6owner
01-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Cal, great to hear from you again. It has been awhile. Yep, we plan on bringing the gold pilot LS6 back. We will deliver the car to Rick mid April (once the roads are nice!) so he can get a few things fixed up prior to the show. Looking forward to it already.
Oliver

Ryan1969Chevelle
01-17-2015, 05:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ls6owner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cal, great to hear from you again. It has been awhile. Yep, we plan on bringing the gold pilot LS6 back. We will deliver the car to Rick mid April (once the roads are nice!) so he can get a few things fixed up prior to the show. Looking forward to it already.
Oliver </div></div>

Great news!!

This display will be amazing, correct me if I am wrong but I think there were zero LS6 Chevelle's at MCACN 2014.........???????

Hi Oliver, I think we met at the L89 display, unless some other guy from Canada with a Pilot LS6 and I were chatting

Ryan

SS427
01-17-2015, 10:52 PM
That was indeed Oliver you were talking to Ryan.

Ryan1969Chevelle
01-17-2015, 11:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was indeed Oliver you were talking to Ryan. </div></div>

I remember everyone's car but sometimes am a little shaken with names, my bad!

Ryan

ZAPPER68
01-18-2015, 06:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ls6owner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cal, great to hear from you again. It has been awhile. Yep, we plan on bringing the gold pilot LS6 back. We will deliver the car to Rick mid April (once the roads are nice!) so he can get a few things fixed up prior to the show. Looking forward to it already.
Oliver </div></div>

Hi Oliver...sounds good. I spoke to Jim K a couple of years ago, the original owner of your white LS6. Lots of 'back in the day' stories from him, some that best not be repeated, LOL.

We are making plans to attend MCACN this year...if we don't catch up in SK, we'll see you then.

Cal

SS427
01-18-2015, 05:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZAPPER68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=ls6owner]
We are making plans to attend MCACN this year...if we don't catch up in SK, we'll see you then.

Cal </div></div>

You best be bringing Sandi! Annie will be there and the three of you can finally meet. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

BlackCherryLS6
01-20-2015, 01:18 AM
That will be one great collection of cars to see in one place!

protree68
01-22-2015, 01:21 PM
I would like to bring my car it's a black ls6 4speed 4.10 I just bought from the original owner it only has 4300 miles on it . Stored in a dry climate on jack stands it's hole life .still retains it's original battery hoses spark wires and even the plugs .

Charley Lillard
01-22-2015, 01:32 PM
That would be getting Vintage certified. I'm looking forward to seeing that car up close. Wow..

SS427
01-22-2015, 01:39 PM
Dave, sounds great. For you and anyone else interested please fill out the attached form (link below) and submit to either of us. My address is below. In a few months Chris and I will sit down with all the applications and together with Bob Aston determine what the best mix of cars/colors is and will notify each applicant at that time. If space is not an issue then most everyone should be welcomed.

http://form.jotform.com/form/91852225146
Rick

Verne_Frantz
01-22-2015, 02:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would be getting Vintage certified. I'm looking forward to seeing that car up close. Wow.. </div></div>

Most definitely a candidate for Vintage Certification!

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

Steve Shauger
01-22-2015, 04:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Verne_Frantz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would be getting Vintage certified. I'm looking forward to seeing that car up close. Wow.. </div></div>

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif </div></div>

Dave has already committed the LS6 to be Vintage Certified. To settle this I may have to arm wrestle Rick. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Xplantdad
01-22-2015, 07:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Verne_Frantz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would be getting Vintage certified. I'm looking forward to seeing that car up close. Wow.. </div></div>

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif </div></div>

Dave has already committed the LS6 to be Vintage Certified. To settle this I may have to arm wrestle Rick. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif </div></div>

I've got $5 on Rick <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

SS427
01-22-2015, 11:32 PM
Me being the diplomatic person that I am thinks there is an easy resolution which Steve and I already discussed. Judge the car on Thursday and move it to the showcase on Friday. Done! Ha, that was easy.....no muss, no fuss. However, I have not figured out how Chris is going to work both areas. That is the tricky part.....

protree68
01-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Perfect solution .you guys better get there Thursday to see the bottom of this baby on the lift.
It's by far the best survivor I've ever saw.

Ryan1969Chevelle
01-23-2015, 01:28 AM
Thursday and Friday are very busy fun days at MCACN.

This will work out very well!!

Rick you are a real diplomat!! Good description, I love how you handle drama.....or stay out of drama!!

Can't wait to see these 1970 Chevelles.....don't think I have ever said that before:-)

Ryan

Steve Shauger
01-23-2015, 10:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan1969Chevelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thursday and Friday are very busy fun days at MCACN.

This will work out very well!!

Rick you are a real diplomat!! Good description, I love how you handle drama.....or stay out of drama!!

Can't wait to see these 1970 Chevelles.....don't think I have ever said that before:-)

Ryan </div></div>

There was never any drama. I called Rick and let him know how it could work... There was nothing to &quot;handle&quot; looking forward to another outstanding show with lots of cars, friends and laughs. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Ryan1969Chevelle
01-23-2015, 10:51 AM
I wasn't referring to this situation as Drama (sorry unclear) but a general positive statement:-)

Hi Steve.

I wondered last year if the same thing could be done for a few vehicles that perfectly fit in two different displays.

Ryan

bashton
01-23-2015, 02:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave, sounds great. For you and anyone else interested please fill out the attached form (link below) and submit to either of us. My address is below. In a few months Chris and I will sit down with all the applications and together with Bob Ashton determine what the best mix of cars/colors is and will notify each applicant at that time. If space is not an issue then most everyone should be welcomed.

http://form.jotform.com/form/91852225146
Rick </div></div>

Space IS an issue, so I recommend submitting your application asap! This is without a doubt one of the special displays that will be filled well in advance.

Remember...this is about <span style="font-style: italic">quality and rarity,</span> not quantity, and ALL cars must be real with full history and documentation to be in the display.

Thanks...this is going to be the best display of LS6's ever gathered under one roof! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Cranberry70SSL34
01-25-2015, 08:03 AM
Sounds like my kind a dance. Here is a few I'd like dug up. Randy Long black LS6 that won the 96 NCOA platinum, Roger Ausleys red Atlanta and beige Baltimore survivors. Bill Bonham's fathom blue survivor, the mecum red 30 ish miles car, the green green drag raced survivor I believe from Arlington plant, the Cleveland Ohio black ls6 owned by Randy Frieke, Floyd Garrett old black survivor that went over seas, the black benchmark car, David Bunns fathom blue and red IHRA pure stock record holders, the green with white interior auto BAL survivor along with the green BAL pilot, the black Cincinnati Ohio convertible that had the 450 hp in the bumper pad, the BAL black survivor recently owned by Stan Harvell, of course the famous red alert and Ray Allen nhra cars. Man I could go on lol. Just as a personal opinion I might add and I'm sure there would be plenty who agree and disagree, but i would like to see one showcase color and then all the rest grouped by assembly plant. Therefore you could have them lined up in earliest date to latest date in each individual plant and have all plant differences together to see. Either way is just fine and grouped by color has its a perks too. Heck you could group it by automatic and 4 sp lol. I'm loving it no matter what.

SS4Real
01-25-2015, 05:16 PM
Would make a great restoration CD for reference purposes.

BlueSS454
02-11-2015, 02:03 AM
I talked to Rick tonight, this is going to be one of the best displays at any show, ever. Of course I am a little biased towards 70's <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif. I have a few out here on the east coast I am talking to/will talk to including the Fathom Blue Bunns LS6, Astro Blue/ black bench seat 4 speed KC car, &amp; a Cranberry Red/black bucket seat auto Flint car.

bashton
02-12-2015, 04:37 PM
We are off an running! I am pleased to announce the first three <span style="font-style: italic">official entrants </span>for this very special gathering;

Larry Weymouth is a long time supporter and participant of the MCACN show that joins us every year with fine cars from his collection. First, he will be showing his gorgeous Fathom Blue, white stripe LS6 Hardtop. This highly documented example joins us from Michigan and has never been shown in the Chicagoland area.

Second is another from Larry's collection; his 1971 unrestored original LS6 Corvette Coupe is one of the finest in existence. Color is Bridgehampton Blue on this 4-speed beauty, and it will be part of a separate area reserved for LS6 Corvettes.

Third is another from a long time supporter/participant, Ken Nagel. Ken always brings the best of the best to MCACN, which includes some of the incredible 50's convertibles that are always a hit. Ken will be bringing his LS6 Convertible that he recently added to his fine collection. Coincidentally, this is also Fathom Blue with white stripes and indeed, it is also a 4-speed! (and don't worry...Ken will also be showing his show-stopping 1959 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer D-500 convertible!)

These are the first <span style="font-style: italic">officially registered</span> participants for this display. Remember, to be a part of this or any other special display, you must first and foremost have a real, documented car, second be approved in advance, (in this case, by contacting either Chris White or Rick Nelson) and third officially registering for the show.

If you would like to be a part of this very special gathering, please contact Rick or Chris asap, as we will have very few duplicate color cars, and I am sure this will be one of the first special displays to be full. And no, it is not to early to register, as I am already working on various ads, press releases and our new magazine.

THANKS!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

THANKS...and keep them coming!
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

bashton
02-12-2015, 04:58 PM
And of course...the previously mentioned black low mile original unrestored LS6 Hardtop is officially registered, and as long as Steve, Chris, Rick and the owner are up for it, can be Vintage Certified Thursday and moved into the LS6 display afterword.

Hmmmm....looks like we need to have these displays in close proximity to each other, since I know there is <span style="font-style: italic">no way</span> Steve will let Chris out of his sight! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

SS427
02-12-2015, 10:27 PM
As Bob said, anyone interested please send Chris or myself an email with your interest in being in the display. Please include information on your car as well as a couple of photos. Between Chris or I we may know of the car but in my case will help jog my memory. We will email you back a registration form. Please do not send money with the registration form just yet as Chris and I need to make sure we have room and are trying for all the colors before we start duplicating. Return the form to us as I would like to send all in at once as a package to Bob. So far we have some very special LS6 cars as well as some well known race cars lined up and at least one well known dealer/performance tuner prepped car which remains a survivor to this day. Interest has been VERY strong so far so please get your requests into me soon. Bob has been very gracious with space for us but it is NOT unlimited so get me your requests!
Rick

SS427
02-14-2015, 07:33 PM
Add;
Red Alert
Dennis Cumby's original owner LS6

olredalert
03-01-2015, 09:15 PM
----I would respectively like to throw two more LS6s out there. First would be the 26 mile red coupe, and second would be the triple black black LS6 low mile convert. Rick and Chris,,,you have to know where they are, and they are important LS6s.....Bill S

SS427
03-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Sadly the low mileage red LS6 is a no go as is the green Pilot LS6 which are both owned by the same owners as they are already committed to bringing some Hemi cars to the show. I should know off the top of my head which triple black convert you are talking about. The &quot;Fuller&quot; car maybe? I appreciate your input however as we would like to get as many of the nicest and unique cars we can and those three definitely fit the bill!

olredalert
03-02-2015, 03:14 AM
----Yes, Rick,,,,I am referring to the Fuller LS6. Sorry to hear that the 26 mile car isn't able to make it......Bill S

bashton
03-02-2015, 02:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sadly the low mileage red LS6 is a no go as is the green Pilot LS6 which are both owned by the same owners as they are already committed to bringing some Hemi cars to the show. I should know off the top of my head which triple black convert you are talking about. The &quot;Fuller&quot; car maybe? I appreciate your input however as we would like to get as many of the nicest and unique cars we can and those three definitely fit the bill! </div></div>

Not just some Hemi cars, but eight very real 426 Hemi E-body convertibles! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

69hurstSC
03-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Is Suydam bringing his trio? Would love to see the LS6 ElCo in person.

SS427
05-05-2015, 10:48 PM
Just an update, for anyone who has expressed interest or has been sitting on the fence, please get your application into myself, Chris White or Bob Ashton immediately if you are interested in displaying your LS6 coupe, convertible or El Camino, race car, stock or survivor. The display is filling up rapidly and we need to know soon if you are interested as Bob says the gates are going to be closing soon. Don't delay or miss this great showcase of LS6 Chevelles and El Caminos.
Rick and Chris

XXXGoldL34M20
05-05-2015, 11:08 PM
I am looking forward to seeing this LS6 display.
Should be out of this world and I look forward to meeting a lot of the 70 Chevelle lovers like myself even though I am going with Ryan who likes 69's LOL <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif My Camera will be busy clicking away.
Danny

SS427
05-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Here is the tentative list so far of the attendies.

Les S. Green coupe
Mike B. Blue coupe
Mark P. Shadow Grey coupe
Kenny P Red Alert coupe
Andy D. Truppi-Kling convert
David B. Baldwin Motion green coupe
Misty Turquoise convert
Larry W. Fathom Blue coupe
Ken N. Fathom Blue convert
Dennis C. Black Fred Gibb survivor coupe
Michael R. Daytona Yellow coupe
Oliver P. Gold Pilot car
John G. Black/saddle coupe
Jerry H. Green couple
Jason A. Fathom Blue survivor coupe
Dan B. Black coupe
Brian W. Green El Camino
Bob K. White/red coupe
George K. Black coupe
Steve S. El Camino
Brian C. Green survivor coupe
Bob U. Cortez Silver survivor coupe

If I have missed anyone or there are any errors please notify me immediately. We are filling up fast so get with me if you are interested in adding your car to the display.
Rick and Chris

SS427
05-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Also, if anyone has any suggestions for good cars or knows the contact information on some of the missing well known coupes and convertibles as well as Caminos please get it touch with one of us so we can get in contact with the owner and try to get these cars there.
Rick

SS427
05-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Add Derek/Dan Green survivor coupe

SS427
05-22-2015, 06:33 PM
Just putting out some more feelers. If anyone knows anyone with one of these colors (that we do not already have or at least not in that body style) or could have them contact me or Chris directly, please do. I know of people who may own some of these cars but have no way to get in touch with some of them. This is a list of cars we have so far and ones that we still need. If I am missing any colors or made mistakes please let me know. I believe we are sitting at about 24 cars so far.

10 Classic White (have coupe but not convert)
14 Cortez Silver (only have 1 coupe registered)
17 Shadow Grey (only have one coupe registered)
Taupe Grey (owned by Dave ? but have no contact info that I can find)
19 Tuxedo Black (several coupes, 1 El Camino but no converts. Old Bob Fuller convert?)
25 Astro Blue (non registered at this time)
26 Mulsanne Blue (Desperately want if done in time)
28 Fathom Blue (coupes and converts covered)
34 Misty Turquoise (possible convert but no coupes)
38 Aqua Blue or maybe 927-99918 (nothing yet)
43 Citrus Green (only know of one but not registered)
45 Mist Green (only know of one but not registered)
48 Forest Green (Have ENOUGH coupes and 1 El Camino but need convert)
50 Gobi Beige (have neither)
51 Daytona Yellow (have coupe)
58 Autumn Gold (have one coupe if done in time for show)
63 Desert Sand (have neither)
75 Cranberry Red (have 1 coupe but no converts)
78 Black Cherry (have neither)
926-93253 Orange (have neither)
72 926-99616 Hugger Orange 926-99616 (have neither)
LeMans Blue (have 1 coupe)
Carolina Blue (have neither)
Baker Van Grey (contacted but not yet registered)

I appreciate all the help Chris and I can get on this. MCACN is going to close our registration soon so if you own or know someone who owns one of these DO NOT delay in getting in touch with us. Thank you,
Rick

SS427
05-29-2015, 03:58 PM
Tom Rightler has graciously offered to coordinate a Reliable Carriers truck that can take a total of 6 cars from the New Jersey area to Chicago and back for the MCACN show at a very large savings. If interested please contact me and I will put you in touch with Tom so you can get your car added. I would not delay on this as that truck will fill up quickly. Thanks Tom.
Rick

bashton
06-03-2015, 03:41 PM
OK...here is where we sit for cars that are <span style="font-style: italic">signed up and confirmed </span>for this very special gathering;

1. Dan B. from California, Black Coupe
2. Dennis C. from IL. Black Coupe
3. Mark B. from MI. Gold Coupe
4. Bob K. from IN. White Coupe
5. Ken N. from IL. Fathom Blue Convertible
6. Kenny P. from NY. Red Alert
7. Mark P. from VA. Grey Coupe
8. Las S, from AR, Forest Green Coupe
9. Larry W. from MI, Fathom Blue Coupe
10.Larry W. from MI, 1971 Corvette Cpe, B. Blue
11. Gerald P. from TX, 1971 Corvette Cpe, Yellow

Indeed, a mighty impressive group which includes restored and original unrestored cars, but as you can see, quite a few people who said they were joining us have not signed up. If you are planning on being a part of this, please register now, as I am finalizing the floor plan for the &quot;big&quot; room and there will not be room for expansion once confirmed!

If you were invited by Rick or Chris and have not responded to Vicki's e-mail, please do so now! The show is filling at a rate faster than ever, and we will not be &quot;holding&quot; space without proper confirmed registration.

Any questions, e-mail me at [email protected] or 586-549-5291.

THANKS!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Burnsamatic
07-01-2015, 01:19 AM
I'm on the list of attendees for the LS6 display. I'm trying to register but I'm not sure what category to register under?

SS427
07-01-2015, 12:29 PM
Write in that you are in the LS6 Invitation and whether you want to be judged or not. Bob does have your name and your car on his list already.

bashton
07-03-2015, 01:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Burnsamatic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm on the list of attendees for the LS6 display. I'm trying to register but I'm not sure what category to register under? </div></div>

Indeed, if you were approved by Rick and Chris, you can register here; http://www.mcacn.com/entry.htm

You can enter as a Judged entry for Concours, Concours Day 2 or Street Stock/Modified if you want to be judged, or as a Non Judged/Pick eligible if you prefer no Judging.

Thanks and we look forward to hosting you!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Burnsamatic
07-03-2015, 08:45 PM
I just registered. Let me know if you have any questions.

ls6owner
07-08-2015, 03:46 AM
Bob,
I registered some time ago, thru Rick, and responded to Vicki's email. I also paid my fee but don't appear on your list of registered cars. Please confirm that you have my registration.
Thx
Oliver

Ryan1969Chevelle
07-08-2015, 10:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ls6owner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob,
I registered some time ago, thru Rick, and responded to Vicki's email. I also paid my fee but don't appear on your list of registered cars. Please confirm that you have my registration.
Thx
Oliver </div></div>

Hi Oliver,

Looking forward to checking out your LS6 car, thanks for dragging it all the way to Chicago to share it with MCACN attendees

Ryan

Burnsamatic
07-17-2015, 02:06 AM
I got my acceptance letter today! I'm in!

ls6owner
07-17-2015, 04:14 AM
Yep, looking forward to it. The car is actually at Rick's shop now getting some work done to it prior to the show.

bashton
07-23-2015, 02:53 PM
Last call!

We are putting the final touches on the &quot;big room&quot; and it is darn near full. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

Will post a list of the officially registered cars for this display next week.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

SS427
08-24-2015, 07:18 PM
Just got word from the original owner of this car. He and his wife are coming in specifically to see the car post restoration and meet the current owner. It has come a long way since he sold it back in 1999. He thinks his wife still has the dress that was worn here on their wedding day and will be wearing it if so. I asked the current owner if he would mind if the wife could take the same pose and if we could put shoe polish on the car as per the original. All he responded with was, if you do not think it will harm the paint, go for it. LOL I do not think so but thanks for the offer. Here is a shot of their wedding day, a shot of the car the day I received and a shot taken many months ago.

camaromb
08-24-2015, 07:42 PM
I like the SS 350 emblems.

SS427
08-24-2015, 09:11 PM
He had the dealer remove the stripes and 454 emblems before he took delivery due to the fact that he had just gotten a job as a special agent with the FBI and therefore thought it best if he would tone it done some before going to work. He added the red pinstripe instead. The current owner wanted the stripes put back on as per the buildsheet.

bashton
08-26-2015, 12:07 AM
That's awesome, Rick! All about having some fun, and fun we will have! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

Bashton

SS427
10-09-2015, 03:56 PM
The LS6 Invitational is now closed for new entrants. We have 15 cars which include 12 coupes, 2 convertibles, 5 survivors, a Baldwin Motion Chevelle, an El Camino and 7 different colors. Chris will also be displaying a restored engine/transmission as well as have a large display of 1970 Chevelle only memorabilia. Thanks for everyone's help and interest. Special thanks to Vicki for working with us on all the changes.
Rick and Annie

bashton
10-15-2015, 01:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The LS6 Invitational is now closed for new entrants. We have 15 cars which include 12 coupes, 2 convertibles, 5 survivors, a Baldwin Motion Chevelle, an El Camino and 7 different colors. Chris will also be displaying a restored engine/transmission as well as have a large display of 1970 Chevelle only memorabilia. Thanks for everyone's help and interest. Special thanks to Vicki for working with us on all the changes.
Rick and Annie </div></div>

As expected, this is going to be an outstanding display filled with great cars and awesome owners. THIS is what MCACN is all about!

Thanks to all who have made the commitment to make this the best display of LS6's ever gathered under one roof.

Bashton

SS427
11-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Hope to meet and greet new and old faces in a couple of weeks. If you are making the show, please stop by the LS6 Invitational and introduce yourself. Here is our final list of cars that will be present.

Dennis A. Green El Camino LS6 coupe
Jason A. Fathom Blue LS6 Survivor coupe
Dan B. Tuxedo Black LS6 coupe
David B. Green Baldwin Motion LS6 Survivor coupe
Mike B. Blue LS6 Chevelle coupe
Dennis C. Fred Gibb original owner Black LS-6 Survivor coupe
John G. Tuxedo Black/saddle LS6 coupe
Bob K. White/red LS6 coupe
Ken N. Fathom Blue LS6 convert
Kenny P. Red Alert LS6 race car coupe
Mark P. Shadow Grey LS6 coupe
Michael R. Daytona Yellow LS6 coupe
Joe S. Misty Turquoise LS6 Convertible
Les S. Forest Green LS6 Coupe
Larry W. Fathom Blue LS6 Coupe

Ryan1969Chevelle
11-05-2015, 04:00 PM
This will be an epic gathering!!!

I hope to walk through this crazy rare combo of cars with one of you guys (Rick and or Chris) us regular guys appreciate the opportunity to check out these unobtainium' cars!!!

Thanks to both of you for putting this display together (no small feat)

Ryan

Burnsamatic
11-13-2015, 02:51 PM
Question, I received my packet with all of the move in info etc. but I didn't receive any admission passes. Will I need to pick them up at the will call desk?

SS427
11-13-2015, 04:14 PM
Once you get your car in you will walk to the registration desk. There you will receive your show bag, windshield sign and weekend passes. I will be there so see me first as I have assigned spots.

SS427
11-17-2015, 10:36 PM
Ready to load on the trailer tomorrow for it's first time showing. If anyone is attending, please stop by and say hello to me and Annie.

Postsedan
11-18-2015, 12:01 AM
Rick,

She looks Fantastic - looking forward to seeing you.

Drive safe.

Dan