PDA

View Full Version : Restored or Original $$

rich p
01-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Always been asked: What is worth more money, a heavily optioned car or a survivor with less options!! Same color,4 speed & documented

1969 Copo Camaro loaded with options,fully restored or a Survivor Copo very few options.

1970 Hemi Cuda Restored or Non restored

Verne_Frantz
01-22-2015, 05:11 PM
My opinion:
Private buyer: survivor
BJ car: all the bling you can pile on.

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif

rich p
01-22-2015, 05:12 PM
Very true Vern!! LOL!! EYECANDY..

Fast67VelleN2O
01-22-2015, 05:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Verne_Frantz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My opinion:
Private buyer: survivor
BJ car: all the bling you can pile on.

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif </div></div>

Nailed it!

bugsy
01-22-2015, 05:46 PM
Survivor always worth more and scores higher. They are only original once. Just my opinion. original paint original parts original sheetmetal. Good Luck

protree68
01-22-2015, 11:43 PM
Survivor cars all the way

bbbentley
01-23-2015, 01:12 AM
Rich, The one subjective issue I see, would be the examples you site, the Hemi'Cuda &amp; COPO. A stripped down version of either usually commands a premium as this represents the epitome dress(or undress, more accurately)for the Drag purpose each was designed and ordered for. In survivor condition, stripped down muscle, even more desirable, IMO, considering the usually rough life of that type car. Now, replace your examples with, say, a Rambler American. Whenever I think of a car like that, I think of a practical, older person's car (Grandma's), garage kept and often found in very good &quot;survivor&quot; shape. In this case, I believe a loaded car restored(probably rare when you consider the type car it is, meaning a frugal non-optioned car) would fetch a premium over the stripped survivor. The litmus test for interest and therefore higher value you bring up, aside from condition,on Muscle cars fall into 3 categories that are: sparsely optioned, highly optioned (loaded) and odd combinations, Example: yellow H.tooth w/ Blk. exterior fiber optics, tire traction (not loaded, but truly unique). All three examples would fetch more than typical optioned/colored cars you site. From a stand point of the true fanatical, anal, investment minded, passionate, speculative, crazy about cars type, hands down,IMO, low # owner(s), unspoiled, clean &quot;Survivor&quot; trumps anything else.