PDA

View Full Version : Fat & Furious - King of Camaros Episode

cook_dw
02-17-2015, 05:49 PM
Anyone else happen to see this last night? I normally never watch it but caught the preview while watching Street Outlaws. Suppose to have been a &quot;correct&quot; restoration.. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif Did anyone else notice the &quot;DZ&quot; engine they picked up for the car? 19N6300?? with a 1I01DZ stampings. Also suppose to have been a Burnish Brown X77 car but they never showed the tag.

Lynn
02-17-2015, 07:49 PM
Guess I need to preface my remarks: If it is on &quot;reality TV&quot;, the last thing you should expect is reality.

November motor in an April car? Quite a spread. Of course, you have to take into account the way the terminology has gone on these things. Guys talk about the original engine being gone but replaced with a &quot;correct&quot; engine. Sometimes they refer to a &quot;date correct&quot; nom engine. In some circles the non dated component would be &quot;correct&quot; but not &quot;date correct&quot;.

PxTx
02-17-2015, 08:08 PM
When I heard parts and labor including the new dz motor for $40k, I adjusted my expectations. The rosewood wheel drama was a bit much for me.

I want to like the show, but the scripts the come up with are just too transparent. I do like the guys though. I think running into them off camera at something like SLS or the MCACN would comfirm my instincts that they are decent car guy- just obligated to a contract that makes things weird.

cook_dw
02-17-2015, 09:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess I need to preface my remarks: If it is on &quot;reality TV&quot;, the last thing you should expect is reality.

November motor in an April car? Quite a spread. Of course, you have to take into account the way the terminology has gone on these things. Guys talk about the original engine being gone but replaced with a &quot;correct&quot; engine. Sometimes they refer to a &quot;date correct&quot; nom engine. In some circles the non dated component would be &quot;correct&quot; but not &quot;date correct&quot;.

</div></div>

FYI that 19N6300?? was stamped on the block along side the V1I01DZ... No idea what the car was dated. Yes the rosewood deal was a little much. I'm sure they are good guys but I wish they would do their homework more if they are gonna say that the car had to correct and original. The valve covers were on backwards, no air cleaner seal, alt painted, looked like water pump pulley was wrong, tailpipes hung waaaay to low.. I'm sure if I watched it over I could go on.. Maybe it's me and the average car guy loves this stuff.. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

Craig_Maiorana
02-18-2015, 04:32 PM
I have a very hard time with this show. I like the guys because their banter is pretty entertaining but just some of the b.s with the cars seems so forced and faked. I'm usually one to sit and pick these tv cars apart but I just cant even sit through this show.