PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Philly with a paint gauge?

Lynn
02-28-2015, 05:18 PM
Getting ready to pull the trigger on an old Mercedes in Philadelphia. I don't need a complete inspection. But the car has had at least one repaint. Paint is older and no bubbles, so that is a good sign. One quarter is slightly mismatched to the rest of the car. I don't care about the mismatched paint, as it is still presentable as is, and will get full paint later. I just need to make sure there is not a giant blob of body filler anywhere.

PM me and I will give you the seller's number to schedule something. Will gladly pay for your time and inconvenience.

The only <span style="font-weight: bold">other</span> thing I can see killing this is whether the car has A/C. Seller didn't even think to check, and just assumed it did. But being a gray market car, there is a chance it does not, which would be a deal killer for me. I don't even care if it works, just need to know it is there. Wanted to put feelers out early.

Thanks a million for any help.

GTO_DON
03-04-2015, 10:25 PM
Lynn, I will take a look at it for you. 267-246-6903

Lynn
03-05-2015, 01:43 AM
Don: Thanks a million for offering, but the seller unloaded it before I got a chance to get someone on it.
It is an old Euro Mercedes 350SL, V8 four speed manual trans which you just NEVER see.
Turns out the rockers were rusted out and covered over with new sheet metal riveted in place.
No wonder it was so cheap.