PDA

View Full Version : PayPal question

Verne_Frantz
03-04-2015, 07:23 PM
IF someone pays you money into your PayPal account (not an ebay transaction) and then you transfer the money into your bank account, does PayPal extract a fee? IF so, how much?

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

bigjake
03-04-2015, 07:41 PM
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpce...ES_US&amp;m=TCI (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ690&amp;topicID=FEES_US&amp;m=TCI)

Verne_Frantz
03-04-2015, 07:58 PM
Well, that's Fairly straight forward, other than their definition of &quot;friends or family&quot;. Other than ebay, how the hell do they know if I'm being paid for selling them an item or they're just sending me money as a gift?

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

Hawkeye
03-04-2015, 08:00 PM
PayPal doesn't and it works very well and is a quick transaction. Aren't we all family here...

Marty

Mr70
03-04-2015, 08:02 PM
It should show how the sender sent you the funds in your arrival notice.
Also,when you start to withdraw/move the money,it will state to you before you do that they are going to remove a % if you go ahead with it,if applicable.
Money sent via Friends &amp; Family,means the sender paid the %.

Verne_Frantz
03-04-2015, 09:56 PM
I will find another way. Their percentages don't sit well with me nor do I want to charge the payer that %. A check and $.49 stamp works better. Even international postage is a bargain.

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif

budnate
03-04-2015, 10:17 PM
a side question about paypal I recall some guys complaining on another site recently they changed a policy where if you receive payment through them the buyer has up to 6 months to get a refund on their purchase if they want to....have you read anything like that?

Mr70
03-04-2015, 11:19 PM
I think that's only true if you never show paypal proof that you sent it.
I had a man in Spain send me money for a car part I posted on the Team chevelle classifieds.I forgot to send him the tracking number,and one week later he got scared and complained to paypal.
Paypal in turn,yanked his payment to me that I already transferred into my bank acct.and gave it back to him,while the car part was in route to him also.
I then sent him the tracking number showing it was in route to him.
Paypal then re-returned my money and that was the end of that.
Lesson learned,paypal wants to see a postage tracking number or else you're just flapping your gums...

WILMASBOYL78
03-05-2015, 12:37 AM
This is all I need to know about Paypal.. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif

Prohibited Activities
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that: relate to transactions involving: ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories.

wilma

..and their buddies at Square <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif

cudino
03-05-2015, 03:48 AM
WARNING! My friend was trying to sell a motorcycle through Craigslist and had several people say they would pay full price. But these buyers didn't ask any questions about the bike, which gave my friend a bad feeling. The buyer's conditions for all these cases was that they must pay through Paypal, and that they would send over a private driver to pick it up. After getting 3 such potential 'buyers' all with the same scenario my friend contacted Paypal to ask.

According to Paypal it's a SCAM. The buyer wires the money to Paypal and sends a private driver. The driver picks up, no problem. Then, a day or so later, the 'buyer' calls you, saying that his driver is on the way. You say &quot;but someone just picked it up yesterday!&quot; Since the first driver was private there's no record, and because the buyer never officially received the item they are entitled to get their money back from Paypal. And of course the crooks do have the car/bike, which has now become stolen property.

Of course this isn't all cases, but beware of somebody eager to pay full price, no questions asked, requires payment through Paypal, and is sending a private driver. If Paypal is required then Paypal's suggestion was to require a licensed/bonded carrier. At least suggesting this might scare off the potential scammers.

- Wade

XXXGoldL34M20
03-05-2015, 03:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: budnate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a side question about paypal I recall some guys complaining on another site recently they changed a policy where if you receive payment through them the buyer has up to 6 months to get a refund on their purchase if they want to....have you read anything like that? </div></div>

This only applies to ebay transactions and &quot;Goods + Services&quot; transactions.
I only use &quot;Family + Friends&quot; when I sell something as this option can not be over turned by paypal and I get charged zero fees and the deal is pretty much said and done. Why be hanging on a string for 6 months?

A scammer will never pay you with the &quot;Friends + Family&quot; option because they already have in mind to claim the money back when using &quot;Goods + Service&quot; option by claiming a refund after they take your Item-Car-Bike etc... That's why we hear &quot;I am out of the country right now and i'll send a courier, I'll Paypal you the money now&quot; NEVER FALL FOR THIS!!

parkbrau
03-05-2015, 04:38 AM
I have bought &quot;stuff&quot; from a few guys on here using the &quot;family and friends&quot; option. No one pays a percentage, its a simple click of a few buttons transaction. But i'm talking small beans here..a coupla hundred bucks or so.
There are good sides to pay pal and there are the crappy sides.

hep1966
03-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Using the friends and family option, the buyer pays the fee if they use a debit or credit card. If the money is transferred from an account, then there is no fee. That's my understanding and how I've used the option.

Verne_Frantz
03-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Thanks. That contradicts what Mr70 said. I didn't know about the &quot;friends &amp; family&quot; feature but if there no fees using that with a direct bank account payment, then I'm ok with using that.

Verne <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

hep1966
03-05-2015, 01:23 PM
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/send-money-online

mssl72
03-06-2015, 04:00 AM
I had somebody pay me with PayPal (non-ebay) via Friends/Family and since I don't have my PayPal account linked to a bank account, I got charged a fee. I do have a charge card linked, but not a checking or savings account. It seems like they get something one way or another.

ANDY M
03-06-2015, 04:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mssl72</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had somebody pay me with PayPal (non-ebay) via Friends/Family and since I don't have my PayPal account linked to a bank account, I got charged a fee. I do have a charge card linked, but not a checking or savings account. <span style="color: #FF0000">It seems like they get something one way or another</span>. </div></div>

Mark, this called a &quot;FEE for Service&quot;. Also known as the &quot;Keystone of Capitalism&quot;. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif
There ain't no free lunch.

Steven J
09-12-2015, 01:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cudino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WARNING! My friend was trying to sell a motorcycle through Craigslist and had several people say they would pay full price. But these buyers didn't ask any questions about the bike, which gave my friend a bad feeling. The buyer's conditions for all these cases was that they must pay through Paypal, and that they would send over a private driver to pick it up. After getting 3 such potential 'buyers' all with the same scenario my friend contacted Paypal to ask.

According to Paypal it's a SCAM. The buyer wires the money to Paypal and sends a private driver. The driver picks up, no problem. Then, a day or so later, the 'buyer' calls you, saying that his driver is on the way. You say &quot;but someone just picked it up yesterday!&quot; Since the first driver was private there's no record, and because the buyer never officially received the item they are entitled to get their money back from Paypal. And of course the crooks do have the car/bike, which has now become stolen property.

Of course this isn't all cases, but beware of somebody eager to pay full price, no questions asked, requires payment through Paypal, and is sending a private driver. If Paypal is required then Paypal's suggestion was to require a licensed/bonded carrier. At least suggesting this might scare off the potential scammers.- Wade </div></div>

I am selling my car right now (original owner Regal T-Type) and got a similar inquiry. The interested party only communicated by text and only wanted to pay using PayPal. He did ask a few generic questions, but nothing that pertained to this particular model. When I told him that I didn't have Paypal, he hasn't responded again. He didn't attempt to negotiate the price, either.

I will include his phone number here in case someone else receives a call from him and tries to google the number. If it turns out he is not a Nigerian prince I will delete the number.

412-206-1984

olredalert
09-12-2015, 03:00 PM
----Pennsylvania number......Bill S

John Brown
09-13-2015, 01:06 AM
Cherry Neal, Lauder St, Bridgeville Pennsylvania, 412-206-1984

according to http://hodges-directory.us/directory (http://hodges-directory.us/directory.php?q=3043-412-206-8530-Bridgeville-Pennsylvania-Outlet-St)

Steven J
09-13-2015, 02:49 AM
For the heck of it, I looked up Cherry Neal on Facebook. I got a result for Cherry May Neal, check it out <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif. Probably not who inquired about the car.........