PDA

View Full Version : 93 octane, OKC area

Lynn
03-20-2015, 12:57 PM
Anyone in the Oklahoma City area know where to buy 93 octane?

Found a few old threads on other forums, but nothing recent.

I am not interested in octane boosters, or AV gas. Just need to know if there are any stations selling 93 at the pump.

I am in Guthrie, office in Edmond, and in NW OKC often.

Don't need it all of the time, just once in a while.

Xplantdad
03-20-2015, 05:07 PM
Not sure of stations, Lynn...but try ATV/Off road stores...as most of them sell racing fuel in 5 gallon containers. I would just mix the 100-112 octane racing fuels in with the pump gas when needed <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif (Also ran it in the lawn mower-and the neighbor loved the smell...LOL)

427TJ
03-20-2015, 05:17 PM
The phone app &quot;Pure Gas&quot; shows where ethanol-free gas is available and I think the super I run in my 911 is 93.

Xplantdad
03-20-2015, 05:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427TJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The phone app &quot;Pure Gas&quot; shows where ethanol-free gas is available and I think the super I run in my 911 is 93. </div></div>

Well...there you go! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Lynn
03-20-2015, 06:23 PM
I can find the ethanol free easy enough. There are several stations in Guthrie that offer it. I checked puregas.org, and other than REAL racing gas (which is overkill in my situation) and what I believe is a misprint (shows 87, 89 and 97.... I think the 97 is a misprint and it is really 91) no one has any 93.

I believe there is one Sinclair that has 92 in town. But... back when I was tuning my turbo BMW, I tried a tank and it pinged easier than the Shell 91 octane, so I am afraid someone is playing with numbers.

Anyway, thanks for the input. This is for Sherri's car, and it runs fine on the 91, but the manufacturer recommends 93 on this one. It has knock sensors, so the worst case scenario is that it is dialing back the timing a bit when under boost.
Thought we could try a tank and see if there is much difference. My guess is that it won't make much difference until the summer weather.

ohhawk
03-23-2015, 02:35 AM
Had same problem in the Des Moines area (most of Iowa as well) until discovering one day that a local Costco was selling it. Funny because they only had two choices, 87 and 93. Might give them a try if you have one near your travels.

Lynn
03-23-2015, 04:07 AM
No Costco around here, just Sam's club. Sam's has some stations, but I think they go under a different name. Either way, I will check those out.

It really isn't a big deal. I was just hoping we could try a tank.
Like I said, the car has knock sensors, so the worst case scenario is that it is dialing back the timing just a bit when under boost. It isn't like it is hurting for power. I am sure if we turned off the traction control, we could go through a set of rear tires in an afternoon.

69 Post Sedan
03-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Here is the online Pure Gas Link (http://pure-gas.org/) if anyone is interested.

Almost everything that's 93 octane here in southern Wisconsin has ethanol in it. It's hard to find any gas over 91 octane without it.

I run nothing but 91 ethanol free fuel in my small engines.....it's a must for trouble free maintenance.

Kurt