PDA

View Full Version : JR HEADERS TRAILER

nova7579
03-25-2015, 10:58 PM
I wanted to share this picture of the JR Headers trailer that my Dad lettered back in the early 70's. He lettered it in the parking lot of an IGA store over a weekend. He was supposed to get a jacket in the deal but said they never gave it to him. Sorry for the crappy scan.
Brian

marxjunk
03-27-2015, 05:48 PM
cool...

I had a friend that was a sign painter...as in free hand paint..not decals..

he was a true artist but that mf'er couldnt spell nuttin'..you had to write it down and stand there..it was actually some of the funniest things i remember from my youth...when i say he couldnt spell, i mean he could screw up the word "AND"...no joke..

nova7579
03-27-2015, 08:45 PM
Yes Dad was also a self taught free hand painter....he also make a spelling mistake one time of a rear spoiler when he misspelled Camero. I will see if I can get some pictures of the race cars he painted this weekend when I go to his place.
Brian

John Brown
03-27-2015, 10:46 PM
Tell him I said &quot;Hey&quot;. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

marxjunk
03-27-2015, 11:03 PM
i always like the gold leaf and prism lettering on old cars..i saw him do it once or twice..and wow..i give a lot of credit to those old guys...Clark could do cartoon characters too....

please post more pics

nova7579
03-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Here are a couple of pictures of cars Dad lettered or striped. The Chrysler had a aluminum front end. He also did gold leaf and chroma-graphics on several cars snowmobiles and others. Dad said &quot;HI&quot; John. I will add more as I go through them.

Brian