PDA

View Full Version : Early Retirement / Disability @ 56

Day2_69Z
06-12-2015, 05:08 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

After 12 + years of moderate health issues culminating into work ineffectiveness
... I'm now officially &quot;Retired&quot; with a SS Disability package at 56 years of age.
The physical and mental rigors of the New &amp; Used Car Business is finally behind me as I left it January 2 of 2014 and finalized the Disability last week....
Yippee and sigh.......
As my Car is nearing completion with alot of help from family and friends including guys here on this site I'm hoping to be able to enjoy more casual, friendly events.
And meet a lot more of the guys here who have purchased my items along the way, building friendships and helping with the restoration &amp; build.

My sincerest appreciation to this site, as it helps immensely through off n on struggles to &quot;build the Car&quot; of a 10 year olds enthusiastic vision.

Tom

mockingbird812
06-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Tom - Best wishes. You are holding a clinic for us all on that sweet Z you are putting together! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

markinnaples
06-12-2015, 05:53 PM
Congrats and best of luck Tom, and thank you for all of the help you gave me with my car.

Plowman
06-12-2015, 07:20 PM
Best of luck.

Xplantdad
06-12-2015, 07:49 PM
Enjoy your retirement...and have fun meeting the car crazy folks from all over!

Plowman
06-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Enjoy your retirement,you worked for it.

bbbentley
06-12-2015, 08:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Day2_69Z</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

After 12 + years of moderate health issues culminating into work ineffectiveness
... I'm now officially &quot;Retired&quot; with a SS Disability package at 56 years of age.

My sincerest appreciation to this site, as it helps immensely through off n on struggles to &quot;build the Car&quot; of a 10 year olds enthusiastic vision.

Tom

</div></div>

Amen, I am right behind you. I am 54 and the &quot;wheels started comming off&quot; my health @ 50. Best of luck and hoping you make a smooth transition into retirement (I know it is tough mentally). I too, wonder if I will get my car done. Really bothers me. Really would like to enjoy it before I am looking at roots. Speaking collectively, we are with you on this new adventure and path life has taken you, so cheer up.

Day2_69Z
06-12-2015, 08:42 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Cheers. ,. That &quot;First Check&quot;. . The biggee came this morning.... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif

Alls Good. ....a godsend

Plowman
06-13-2015, 12:30 AM
Way to go!

x77-69z28
06-14-2015, 04:48 PM
Tom, enjoy your retirement. Beware, the honey do list will get longer!!

Day2_69Z
06-14-2015, 05:25 PM
Oh....don't bring that up.....
I have my own list growing .......
VIA eBay....Summit, HBC,
Kelsey Tire.....Craig's list .etc etc etc

I told her this morning.....honey, remember....I'm on disability.... no lifting more than 15 pounds.....
She smiled sheepishly and cupped her breasts.....saying, no problem ! I wouldn't want you over exerting yourself ! You old man.

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif

Charley Lillard
06-14-2015, 08:45 PM
LOL...I dare you to show her that post.

Day2_69Z
06-14-2015, 11:27 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/CharleySucks.gif

I already DID !!!!
RIGHT AFTER I POSTED IT......

Her comment.....????

£=¶&lt;÷•×&lt;{&lt;&amp; &quot;:*38/+))@$! ;';?
And further more They don't weigh 15 pounds ...More like 3 # each.....come on big boy , don't you know my pair weighs less than YOUR CAMARO HONEY DEW LIST. !!

enio45
06-19-2015, 01:31 PM
Tom, congrats on the retirement - u will find that you will busier than before and the time will start to go so fast with so much to do!

All a good thing - congrats!

Zman1969
06-19-2015, 05:24 PM
Day 2, best wishes , stay active, keep your mind busy and enjoy retirement. maybe you can work on getting your health in a better way, I am 55 now and heavy I started a new Isagenex diet and trying to loose the baggage that alone should help alot of my issues. I've been on it 5-6 weeks no great weight loss but 6&quot; lost on my torso and I feel alot better already. It took me years to add it on so it may take a year or two to drop it. I want to enjoy the last part of my life, good luck in your quest

Day2_69Z
06-24-2015, 05:28 AM
Thanks guys,
We all wanna drop off some weight and waist line......I have been a lot more active as my mind is much more clear in the sense of freedom and a plan of things I and the wife want to accomplish.
Eddie, you are so right ! A lot more I WANT TO DO Instead of what THEY WANT ME TO DO.

I purchased a few classic and special interest vehicles to do just that.....to have a full plate of self satisfaction.

I love honey do lists !

Salvatore
06-24-2015, 11:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: enio45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom, congrats on the retirement - u will find that you will busier than before and the time will start to go so fast with so much to do!

All a good thing - congrats!</div></div>

Correct Fast Eddie!

mockingbird812
06-24-2015, 01:25 PM
Eddie - you call yourself &quot;retired&quot; but you make my head spin with your schedule!!!!! (Yes, I am envious!!!!!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif)

enio45
06-27-2015, 03:14 AM
sam - your too kind my brother :-)

mockingbird812
06-27-2015, 06:10 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

Salvatore
06-27-2015, 08:51 PM
That is why we cal him &quot;fast Eddie.&quot; Some guys are fast and some guys are half fasted and we all know Eddie is NOT half-asted.

miket1
06-29-2015, 01:28 PM
Tom, good luck to ya, always good talking to you on the phone.

Mike

Day2_69Z
06-30-2015, 01:12 AM
As always, thanks...
I appreciate the chats as well

Great bunch of guys here, fast, slow, old, young, voicetrous, opinionated, knowledgeable, helpful, generous, funny, hilarious, serious and even knuckleheaded. .......

I'm glad to be a part of this group and especially the site.......(seems also I'm most of the above too.
Oh well, ) <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif