PDA

View Full Version : Very original '69 Cortez Z

scuncio
11-20-2015, 02:23 AM
Deluxe interior with no console...LOVE that combo.

Not exactly a survivor in the purest sense, since it has been repainted, but super clean. I'd love to own it.

http://tinyurl.com/pkarq3a

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/kAoAAOSwFGNWSU-n/s-l1600.jpg

resto4u
11-20-2015, 03:32 AM
Why does the engine vin# does not look gang stamped?

supercomp 8.90
11-20-2015, 01:35 PM
awesome!! love it.

ZAPPER68
11-20-2015, 03:47 PM
Nice car; flat hood, non spoiler, no console, chambered exhaust.... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

Lynn
11-20-2015, 04:20 PM
Seller is a true &quot;car guy&quot; who checks in on this site from time to time.

He is an adamant opponent to restamps, etc.

Zedder
11-20-2015, 05:55 PM
That's a nice car. Can someone PM me who the owner is? Knowing that he is a &quot;good guy&quot; would be helpful in making a long distance deal on it...

Jonesy
11-21-2015, 05:46 PM
That pad stamping looks fine to me. Nice original.

resto4u
11-22-2015, 03:26 PM
The reason i asked about the vin# is i have not seen one like that. When gang stamped, all the characters are in a straight line. And if you would draw a horizonal line across the top and bottom of the characters it would be straight. Where the characters not in the gang holder correct, i don't know. Is this a normality for a certain time frame? Can others show me some more examples like this one. I want to learn, im not expert by any means.

Lynn
11-22-2015, 05:31 PM
Jonesy probably has a decent database of photos. One of the problems on the partial vin is that for most of the year in 1969, it was stamped on the rough cast area down by the oil filter, and few are readable. That really hurts when trying to find &quot;comparable&quot; stampings.

This is my take, and I am hopeful Mike and Kurt will step in an correct me if I am wrong. Virtually ALL of the 3/16 inch character engine assy stamps are pretty darn uniform. Like you stated: all lined up perfectly. I see variations on the 1/8 inch vin stampings. I BELIEVE that the gang holder was a little sloppier. If the worker took the time to line them up perfectly, and then tighten the set screw, all would be perfect. I believe that many times the worker wasn't that careful, and may have just put the numbers in the holder, then held them loosely in place long enough to get it stamped, then got ready to chance numbers for the next car.

Kurt S
11-23-2015, 03:41 PM
Nice car. 124379N539713
&quot;This car imo isnt a survivor (because it doesnt retain at least 80 pct of its original paint), but the next best thing.&quot;
Very honest description. Looks like some stuff was done to the car (eg the axle repainted and the hood striker redone), but it's all there.

mrbasschampion
11-25-2015, 12:50 AM
I purchased the car today and am in the process of getting it shipped. The owner is a straight up car guy and spent quite a bit of time talking with me going over the cars history . It's made the transaction a lot easier and quite enjoyable. This will be my third 69 Z and first flat hood car I have to say I am excited .

scuncio
11-25-2015, 01:41 AM
Congrats! Wish it was headed to my garage instead :-)

Salvatore
11-25-2015, 01:49 AM
Congrats! repainted but not frame offed. Best of both worlds IMO.

67 Nova Boy
11-25-2015, 01:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats! repainted but not frame offed. Best of both worlds IMO. </div></div>

You have one Sam!!!!!!!!!!! You need a second gen Nova SS now!!!!

Dave
67 Nova Boy