PDA

View Full Version : 70 Chevelle SS Cowl Induction Air Cleaner

Abiddle
01-18-2016, 03:30 PM
I listed this on EBAY and wish I had listed it here first. No reserve and $500 + shipping. I bought it with a bunch of 69 camaro stuff that came out of a barn, and he said it was from a 69 camaro. I don't have cowl induction on mine and nothing to reference it to.

ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/121868412453?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649)

I've listed the reasons in the auction why I think it's a Chevelle cowl induction air cleaner and not a camaro one, but it's all just from whatever I could gather on the internet in different forums. Feel free to correct me, I will be happy to sell it or update my listing.

EDIT!!!! May be a GM service replacement part based on the two 45deg bends. Read below and link to a prior discussion.

Thanks - Andy

Mr70
01-18-2016, 04:24 PM
Looks nice,but it's really for a 1970 SS Chevelle,because it doesn't have a Thermac mounted snorkle pot & heat stove like the '71/'72 SS Chevelle used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">- vent tube with the 2 45º bends is necessary to clear the rear pump on a Holley double-pumper carb.</div></div>
It's also a later over the counter GM replacement,as it has the later issued over the counter two bend PCV vent tube design too,and not the smoother transistion tube as was used on the assembly line.
FYI~Both vent tube designs will fit all carbs. &amp; are not carburetor specific.

Abiddle
01-18-2016, 04:33 PM
I read this forum, which is where I got the vent pipe info...and I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong.

camaros.net (http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54696)

Abiddle
01-18-2016, 06:03 PM
And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude! Thank you for the info on the 71-72 air cleaners, I've changed the post to show this is only for a 70 Chevelle.

Thanks - Andy

Mr70
01-18-2016, 06:09 PM
No need to apologize,I didn't take your reply as rude at all.
Sharing info helps everyone.We all win.
I'm also passing your auction onto another who told me he is looking for a working air cleaner for his '70,so good luck.