PDA

View Full Version : PA Titles (car with no title)

02-23-2016, 12:07 AM
I probably should of asked first but I see people do it all the time. I bought a car with no title so what do I have to do to get a title in PA? The person I bought it from got it at a house he bought at an estate many years ago and has never titled it or has no information about it such as a name or address any more. It may have been titled in NY since the last inspection was from there. What about those ads in old cars magazine for titles has anyone ever used them and how much was it. Thanks for all the help,Kevin

ds1
02-23-2016, 09:55 AM
You will have to get the vin searched. If it is a New York title it will be easier to get. If it is PA you can get paperwork at the Pathonitaries office to get a legal title through the court. It has about a $140 fee to process it. I am kind of going through it now. This state. Is a pain. Hopefully it is out of state

iluv69s
02-23-2016, 10:33 AM
I used New England Title Srevices many times in the past..although it's been a few years now. It always worked out great. The title comes in name of person at title agency as if they are selling the car to you. Then I took the ,out of state, title and titled the car in Pa.

02-25-2016, 11:01 PM
Thank you guys for the info.

elcamino72
02-27-2016, 04:23 PM
I provide a service in PA to get titles. I go through the PA court system for a declaration of ownership. Be careful with "title agencies".