PDA

View Full Version : 340-6pack - 392-ScatPack

A12pilot
03-13-2016, 04:48 PM
Howdy Gents!

Wanted to get some life to the Mopar thread, and figured this would help! So, end of Februaury comes and my 08' Ram has seen better 08' Ram days. Kelly says, &quot;We need a new truck!&quot; I hear, &quot;You need to buy whatever you want.&quot; So we go to the dealer and I immediately lean on the Challengers. Yes, I believe a Hellkitty will do! (SMACK!!) Oh, trucks, that's right, that's why we are here. So, we come home with a '16 Laramie, fully loaded, crew cab - 2 wheel drive, smells like a steak and seats 35, 12 yards long, 2 lanes wide, sixty-five tons of american pride. So now I'm left piloting the Mighty Ford Focus as a daily ride. Oh, don't knock it. It brings women to their knees!!! Lauging, but still! Well, after a month of that I laid the law down. I told Kelly no self respecting car guy would be caught dead driving this 1.2L, steering wheel equipped, go-kart. So then I said, &quot;(please)We're going (please) to the dealer, woman (dear), and I'm (please) getting me a (please) Challenger Scat Pack!!! (pretty please!!)&quot; That's how it all went down, I tells ya! So finally, got a B5 Blue one, fully loaded, but there's a probelm. I just checked Kelly out in it (been a while since she's driven a stick) and it now appears my plan has backfired. I now have NO car!!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2016/03/full-18993-40675-image.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2016/03/full-18993-40676-image.jpg

I was able to pry her away from it for a bit to get a picture by the T/A. I'm not sure that's even mine anymore. I still have the Bee though!.....i think <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif

cheers <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Xplantdad
03-13-2016, 05:37 PM
Congrats on the new ride(s)!

SS427
03-13-2016, 06:43 PM
Very nice!

njsteve
03-13-2016, 07:28 PM
That B5 blue is an awesome color.

Yeah, same deal here. The wife drives the '14 Charger AWD- white with a red interior...I still drive my 1995 Suburban Diesel 3/4 ton.

I saw a Plum Crazy Hellcat cruise by my buddy's gas staion last week while I was working on my truck. I want one soooo bad!

A12pilot
03-14-2016, 02:31 AM
Thanks, guys! Love the car, and then of course, I have to dork-out with accounting for all the paperwork: 4 Broadcast sheets, 1 final inspector Broadcast sheet, 2 Delivery sheets, Monroney Label, Dash Assembly/Parts invoice, Visor Starting Instruction sleeve, Dealer order sheet, and a host of other stuff that means nothing to anyone else but me and the maybe all of you on here too <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif Bought it, then drove it to the airport and left on a 4-day trip. It's killing me!!!!!

Cheers <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

markinnaples
03-14-2016, 04:26 PM
Really nice Challenger. A buddy just bought a Slime Green(?) Challenger that's supposedly a pretty edition color (not sure what year, but newer). What kind of deals are they giving on the new ones? Any kind of discounts?

A12pilot
03-15-2016, 12:11 PM
You mean, Sublime Green <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif. But I guess it depends on your likes! That color was discontinued for this year.

There's no factory deals on Scat Packs. They can't keep them on the lot. Can't wait to drive it some more!

bashton
03-15-2016, 03:21 PM
I see a Viper in your future...

I also <span style="font-style: italic">do not</span> see a 2016 Challenger Scat Pack on your signature...perhaps a certain someone said <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Can-I-Have-It.gif

Bashton

RS_COPO_Canuck
03-16-2016, 07:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A12pilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You mean, Sublime Green <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif. But I guess it depends on your likes! That color was discontinued for this year.

There's no factory deals on Scat Packs. They can't keep them on the lot. Can't wait to drive it some more! </div></div>

Was it Sublime like the old FJ5 or Sassy Grass like the old FJ6?

markinnaples
03-16-2016, 09:15 PM
Pretty sure it's Sublime Green.

1970Bluel78
04-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Nice looking ride.. I have a fondness for B-5 and own an 09 SRT8 in B-5 with a six speed , sunroof and optional Mopar strobe stripes in Black.. Has 14K on her and a blast to drive. Good Luck with her....

black69
04-19-2016, 03:42 AM
You got a great car, my wife and I have been drooling over B5 blue challengers when we see them go buy, where she saw one today and told me how much she liked it. I was not into blue cars until I got my 70 convert (stalled project). Everytime I go in the garage, I just love that color. Everyone else does too. We dont see new ones at the dealer much in town when we do a drive by.

I don't know of if you know this trivia, but there were 2 or 3 shades of B5 blue back in the day, i.e. a 68, a 69-70, and 71 shade of it. I think the new B5 blue is more like the 70, where as the 71 is darker. The pearl in it is super nice (or atleast I think that is in it).

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/xxxblack69/DSC_0243_zpsrmxnyody.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/user/xxxblack69/media/DSC_0243_zpsrmxnyody.jpg.html)

A12pilot
11-17-2016, 12:44 PM
I have a contact at Chrysler that ran my number and found out some disturbing news. Of the 13,768 Scat Pack Challengers made in 2016, 1,323 were in B5 Blue, 451 made with the 6spd, 168 had the sun roof, 33 decided to not get the Scat Pack stripe package, 2 got the modern hood R/T stripe, and one came with all the other bells and whistles. This is that 1! So my car is 1 of 1 <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif So that means I have to park it and buy another &quot;driver&quot; <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

Ok, maybe not. But still a pretty neat thing especially since it's also a very early build car and the earliest built 1 of 1 this guy has seen! Another piece of paper to add to the pile I have on the car already! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2016/11/full-18993-52241-dscn2027.jpg

Cheers

m22mike
11-21-2016, 12:21 PM
Very cool Dave and Kelly, but don't forget about working on the &quot;B&quot; <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif Great spending time with you both at MCACN, yet another benchmark show.

Mike

A12pilot
11-21-2016, 09:04 PM
You too, Mike! Always fun talking shop with you. Can't wait for next year, and I know, I know. Out to the Bee I go!!!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Cheers <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif