PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Radio Recomendations 1969 Chevelle?

Woj
06-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Hi All,

I'm looking to put a more modern day radio in my 69 Post Chevelle. I was thinking of something with either a CD player, IPOD hook up, USB port, blue tooth maybe. Anyway, something that has a retro look with some decent output. Anyone try any of the aftermarket radios that they would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Phil W.

PS. Sound of the exhaust is nice, but looking for some good tunes as well.

RPOLS3
06-06-2016, 09:06 PM
PM kwhizz for the hot ticket on stock appearing radios - but with modern internals

69SSRSL89
06-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Hello Phil,

I have a 1969 SS/RS 396 Camaro and had an AM radio converted to be able to plug in an MP3 player, XM Radio system, cell phone with Itunes or whatever other system you want to be able to use. I think they would be able to help you if you wanted to add a CD player hook up as well. The place did great work and had a very quick turn around. The name of the place is called S&M electro-tech. They are located in Blaine, MN which is a suburb of Minneapolis. You may want to contact them to see if they can help you out with something that will work for you. I really like the set up and I didn't have to worry about my dash having to be messed with or damaged and best of all I was able to maintain the stock appearance. Hopefully this helps you out and you get the tunes you are looking for in your Chevelle. If you have any question feel free to shoot me a PM.

Jesse

69SSRSL89
06-06-2016, 09:11 PM
I forgot to post the link to there website.

www.turnswitch.com (http://www.turnswitch.com)

Damien
06-07-2016, 12:03 AM
Phil,
I have the original radio in the dash and another ipod compatible stereo in the glove box. I have seen some of the smaller hidden stereo systems fitted in the glove box that take up less room but am not sure of the sound quality.

kwhizz
06-08-2016, 12:36 AM
http://www.vintageautoradio.com/

Woj
06-08-2016, 01:54 AM
Gents,

Thanks for the recommendations. I will look into them.

Phil Woj.