PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Chet Krause Passes - Iola Car Show Founder

Jim_Hauls
07-01-2016, 03:18 AM
He was not known much in the hot rod or muscle car community.

But - to the town of Iola, WI and for tens of thousands of older car lovers - he was beloved.

I was privileged to meet Mr. Krause many years ago in Iola, WI.

I picked up a pair of military jeeps & a trailer he had sold.

I arrived when his office opened - spent coffee time at the conference table with him & some co-workers.

He showed me his latest project - cataloging state bank issued paper currency.

Then we loaded - he insisted on helping.

He gave me a copy of his autobiography.

Then he was off to the local rest home where he kept a residence for his afternoon nap (he donated generously to having it built).

I had time so I walked the small downtown of Iola.

Everywhere I went - everyone had a story to tell about Chet and his kindness.

Years earlier he had turned over his publishing business to the employees.

I was touched.

I bought him a gift certificate at a small restaurant he frequented - dropped it by his office on my way out of town.

I read his autobiography on my way to California to drop off the jeeps & gave it to the new owner.

Mr. Krause left the car community last Saturday.

He will be missed ....

What a full & generous life Mr. Krause lived .... :-)

Story link here:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mr. Chet Krause Passes</span> (http://www.stevenspointjournal.com/story/news/local/2016/06/27/chet-krause-dead- 92/86429498/)

Jim

Mr70
07-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Very sorry to hear this.He was a huge benefit to our hobby,who worked diligently &amp; asked for nearly nothing in return.
One of the Biggest &amp; Best Carshow/swapmeets in the entire nation,if not the world.
If you can't find it @ Iola,you're not looking hard enough.
His show is coming up this July 7-9th.I annually make the trek to his 44 year old show,and held on Chet Krause Dr. of all places...What are the odds of that. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif
His Iola carshow/swapmeet accomplishment &amp; kind heart will live on forever.