PDA

View Full Version : Olds Fraud on eBay

Stefano
07-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Olds Fraud (http://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/cars-sale/106085-1971-w-30-convertible-sale-not-mine.html)

Lynn
07-05-2016, 12:04 AM
Interesting read.

December vin, June trim tag.

Apparently the seller has been caught misrepresenting other cars.

GMC_Typhoon
07-05-2016, 11:21 PM
The Internet has been and always will be brutal to flippers. Somebody probably knows the truth.

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

rcc
07-10-2016, 02:24 AM
Lesson learned. Today, I think it's better to believe that all is false/fake until proven to the contrary--will save a lot of $$$. Use an expert and ask questions when buying a &quot;High End&quot; collector car!

earntaz
07-10-2016, 01:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rcc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lesson learned. Today, I think it's better to believe that all is false/fake until proven to the contrary--will save a lot of $$$. Use an expert and ask questions when buying a &quot;High End&quot; collector car!</div></div>

You nailed it Rick -- many buyers with deep pockets fall in love with a classic and drop the $$ on the spot to find out later they have been hosed!

442w30
07-11-2016, 01:45 AM
On the other hand, I think vigilance is a double-edged sword - how many cars have been slighted by some loudmouth (and those who follow) on the Internet?

Not taking anyone to task, (and I've been following the Olds thread since the beginning, so I'm fairly certain my red flag doesn't count here), but we must remember to be objective when discussing cars for sale.