PDA

View Full Version : Cool pic of Jimmy Webb with his twin Paxton Cobra (CSX3015)

tom406
04-17-2017, 12:49 AM
This is a nice pic that was printed in Rolling Stone this week with a story about Webb's autobiography. This is the Shelby American kept car, not the Cosby "200 mph" car (CSX3303).

Ryan1969Chevelle
04-17-2017, 12:56 AM
That is a pinnacle day right there!!!

Ryan

427TJ
04-21-2017, 11:06 PM
Note that low stance in back that replicas never get right.

Tracker1
04-22-2017, 01:28 AM
Quote: "Webb, the son of an ex-Marine who became a Baptist minister, feels that songwriters need to live through some experiences to have something to write about. He was once obsessed with learning to fly gliders, and counts a 340-mile flight from Los Angeles to Las Vegas as among his finest achievements.
“I flew right across Death Valley. I was a nut. I lived in the desert, and I pretty much let career and family and everything else slide for a while while I was flying these things. I had three kids and my wife was extremely worried that something would happen. Eventually, I earned my gold badge from the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale.”
He also has a thing for cars. He bought a Shelby Cobra sports model and, though it cost him $13,000, “I never regretted it, because that car was several lifetimes’ worth of adventure. I had a plan to recreate Easy Rider, and drive it from LA to New Orleans. And then take some acid.”

Hit or miss music, but great taste in cars :)