PDA

View Full Version : Phone Call

Bill Pritchard
09-26-2017, 01:01 AM
As I was sitting here browsing thru the latest sYc postings, our land line phone rang. We have caller ID, and the display said "Illegal Scam", followed by a phone number. Needless to say, I did not answer it, but I guess I have to give credit to someone for being honest! They did not leave a message, either.

mssl72
09-26-2017, 08:24 PM
That's a new one on me! I guess they're thinking outside the box now!

Mr. Chevy
09-26-2017, 10:51 PM
There is so much of this telecommunication fraud taking place now...

Rich

BJCHEV396
09-26-2017, 11:41 PM
My dad passed in April and my mother is getting a lot more scam calls.These pukes read the death notices and then prey on vulnerable people!

parkbrau
09-27-2017, 02:29 PM
My dad passed in April and my mother is getting a lot more scam calls.These pukes read the death notices and then prey on vulnerable people!

Theres a special place in hell for those leeches.

TimG
09-27-2017, 03:04 PM
I heard that they made billions of calls in a three month period. They seem to know what numbers you respond to.

camaromb
09-27-2017, 05:29 PM
I use the White Pages reverse phone # to check unknown callers, it is useful for identifying spam/scam phone #s, at least you can then block the # on your phone. Way too many unknown calls lately.

BJCHEV396
09-27-2017, 05:43 PM
Theres a special place in hell for those leeches.
Hope so!

PeteLeathersac
09-27-2017, 07:02 PM
'

A few months back, someone "from the bank" called my 85 year old mother asking to help them catch a dishonest bank employee...by withdrawing 3-thou cash from her account and meeting them at a local shopping mall!
She's still sharp as a tack but believed the friendly phone person who needed her help...thinking it through ON HER WAY TO THE BANK, her good sense thankfully clicked in and she spun her car around for home.
-
Last week, she heard her unlocked apartment suite door open so called out 'who's there"...a woman's voice replied "I'm here to give Albert his medication".
"No Albert here, you have the wrong apartment" said mom..."sorry" said the unseen lady who left and closed the door.
The next morning there was a warning notice in the elevator about a female wearing hospital scrubs roaming the halls opening unlocked doors and thieving...when confronted, she'd claimed to be a PSW there to give medication to residents and slipped away.
-
If I find and meet up w/ these crooks, I may not be on the site for a while...please send any old Hot Rod magazines etc to the jailhouse.
:no:
~ Pete

earntaz
09-27-2017, 07:51 PM
Got ya' covered ... LoL

BJCHEV396
09-27-2017, 07:58 PM
Will do Pete!

Ambrola
09-29-2017, 05:58 PM
The ones I hate the most are those that impersonate the Sheriffs Dept. If I get a call with someone trying to sell me something, I just turn it round on them. Ask them their age and if that's the only work they can find. They usually just hang up.