PDA

View Full Version : Thank you's in order

bbbentley
11-24-2017, 06:18 PM
I bought a 3rd member housing from John (ssl78). It was in Chicago. I had to make a hasty decision without knowing how I was going to get it home. I put out the help wanted "Bat Signal" and, by golly, my problem was solved by Joe (hiperf69). Joe stepped up and took care of the logistics and today I picked up my housing about an hour away. Thanks a bunch John & Joe for making this deal go through, and problem free. :youguysrock::beers:

Joe even spent some time out in the Ohio cold explaining how to set up the gears. A thing I have always wanted to learn. I was a professional Technician BITD. I worked on M-Bs. They NEVER had rear end problems (and that is why I never set up a R&P). I only saw one seize and that was when another Tech. did a major service and forgot to put lube back into the rear end. Yep, seized!:no:

big gear head
11-24-2017, 11:50 PM
I've been building rear ends for about 36 years and had a rear end shop for 15 years. If you need any help let me know. If you want you can bring it by sometime when you are in the area and use my tools and stuff.

bbbentley
11-25-2017, 12:11 AM
Freddie, you are God sent!