PDA

View Full Version : My buddy lost his Restoration Shop to a Fire this morning

marxjunk
02-07-2018, 07:36 PM
he could use some Divine help and a few prayers... Mike Garrison/High Torq Racing..hes a buick racer..and a super guy..

http://ksnt.com/2018/02/07/crews-battle-western-jefferson-county-fire/

https://www.facebook.com/michael.garrison.33?pnref=lhc

SS427
02-07-2018, 09:17 PM
One of my biggest fears. We have great coverage as far as extinguishers and other safety items (from being on the fire department) but the diesel repair shop attached to my building scares the hell out of me. Twice I have alerted them to the onset of fires at their place on smell alone and they never had a clue. If I had not been there both times it could have been a disaster. Prayers to your buddy. Nothing any of us want to ever go through.

marxjunk
02-07-2018, 09:21 PM
my biggest fear too..im so nuts about it..i turn everything off when i leave..unplug all battery chargers for my tools...everything...

i once woke up at 2 am trying to decide if unplugged a charger...had to get up and drive to the shop..just could not sleep..

i cant even imagine how he feels..shop had a restored 69 Camaro Convert going back together, and a few other things

SS427
02-07-2018, 10:12 PM
We have a check list hanging on our front entry way that we check every night before leaving. No chargers, tools or other equipment left plugged in for the most part. No cars are ever left over night with a battery hooked up. No welding 2 hours prior to leaving and empty garbage and rags taken out every night. Cannot be safe enough.

scuncio
02-08-2018, 02:21 AM
That is horrible...hope he can get things up and running again soon.

SuperNovaSS
02-08-2018, 03:51 AM
That is terrible news.

Jason

flyingn
02-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Horrible. Saw it on FB yesterday..

MosportGreen66
02-08-2018, 02:17 PM
Set up a Go Fund Me page? I'm sure the car community can act as one...

Dan

SS427
02-08-2018, 02:20 PM
That would be a great idea!

PeteLeathersac
02-08-2018, 02:22 PM
'

So sorry to read this and heartfelt thoughts/prayers for Mike and his family.
Rick's info above is right on also now a good time take note and make similar changes.

~ Pete

ZAPPER68
02-08-2018, 02:31 PM
We have a check list hanging on our front entry way that we check every night before leaving. No chargers, tools or other equipment left plugged in for the most part. No cars are ever left over night with a battery hooked up. No welding 2 hours prior to leaving and empty garbage and rags taken out every night. Cannot be safe enough.

Losing everything to fire is horrible...Thanks for the tips Rick, I went to the shop last night and unplugged a couple of battery chargers after reading your(and other) posts.

Stefano
02-08-2018, 02:42 PM
So Sorry to hear this, hopefully no one got hurt. We had a fire a few years back which wiped out several buildings and stuff.

marxjunk
02-08-2018, 03:47 PM
The Buick community has set up a fund here..you dont have to be a member or sign in..theres a DONATE button

http://www.v8buick.com/index.php

No one was there..it started at 5:30 in the a.m..all the cars where destroyed..

there was a frame off 67 GS convert with a 4 speed factory destroyed..

the 69 Camaro convert that they just completed a frame off on is gone too..it was supposed to deliver the day of the fire...

im afraid his techs will move on

this could happen to anyone..its just a kick in the gut...he's insured etc...they lost everything..all the tools, everything inside is just gone...who knows where the end will be..

Mike is stronger than most..he's already dealt with it, most people would be devistated to see their lifes work disappear..

he's already committed to rebuilding...the fund is to help him get thru the ruff spot thats coming...