PDA

View Full Version : Graveyard Cars 1971 Hemi 'Cuda "clone"?

Dave Rifkin
07-06-2020, 08:51 PM
Anyone else watch the recent episode of GYC where Mark rolls out this rolling floorpan of a 1971 Barracuda that he is going to build into a black 1971 Hemi Cuda clone for a customer?
The body shell is all but gone and the floor appears to be as thin and flimsy as a potato chip.

He's going to have to replace the entire body (it would seem to me) and he was mentioning the transfer of VIN stampings from some of the original metal to the replacement parts. I thought stuff like that was illegal.

I enjoy watching the show and appreciate the knowledge that he seems to have but, seeing this kind of bothered me.

SS427
07-06-2020, 09:13 PM
I would imagine the moment he televises the transfer of those numbers he will have a polite (or maybe not so polite) knock on the door......

RALLY
07-06-2020, 11:29 PM
Anyone else watch the recent episode of GYC where Mark rolls out this rolling floorpan of a 1971 Barracuda that he is going to build into a black 1971 Hemi Cuda clone for a customer?
The body shell is all but gone and the floor appears to be as thin and flimsy as a potato chip.

He's going to have to replace the entire body (it would seem to me) and he was mentioning the transfer of VIN stampings from some of the original metal to the replacement parts. I thought stuff like that was illegal.

I enjoy watching the show and appreciate the knowledge that he seems to have but, seeing this kind of bothered me.

Great show. Yes it would seem transferring numbers is a no no.

Canuck
07-07-2020, 03:45 AM
It’s interesting that he declined restoring a Charger Daytona years ago because it would have been illegal to rebids and add original vins. I enjoy seeing the cars on this show but find his ego a bit much.