PDA

View Full Version : NOS Snap On Mugs and Glasses

JRSully
02-14-2021, 09:23 PM
Trying to gauge some interest here. My father in law (deceased) was a Snap On dealer starting in the early 70's and ran it successfully for about 20 yrs, along the line, he accumulated a bunch of stuff that he would hand out to customers. I have about 10-12 cases (6 in a case) of new, unused Snap On coffee mugs (were told they are a Bicentennial '76 edition, see pic) that I am trying to get rid of for my wife so she can give the $$ to her Mom.
I don't know if there are any Snap On junkies here on the site, but if there are, reach out to me if your interested.? Also have cases of Snap On glasses with very nice gold paint on them, also brand new in wrappers. Have no idea what these are worth, but would like to see the stuff go to good home. Thx

Stefano
02-14-2021, 09:47 PM
Kool stuff. Post more pics.

JRSully
02-14-2021, 10:10 PM
here you go, corrections, 4 to a case

Lynn
02-14-2021, 11:03 PM
I was buying Snap-on tools in 1976 and I don't remember my tool guy handing out cool mugs like that. All I ever got was a crappy pocket screwdriver with a magnet on one end. Probably still have one or two.

Hard to put a price on them. Being plastic, they are going to degrade once exposed to the light. Maybe $20 a case of 4, plus shipping? There is a set of six Chevrolet mugs that look similar for $25 on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Chevrolet-Cars-Thermo-Serv-Tumblers-Set-6-MIB-from-Chevy-Dealership/393128802174?hash=item5b884d777e:g:fTYAAOSwz9xgF2I 5

Harder to value the glasses. I bought a set of Chevrolet glasses from a member here a few years back. Four glasses, with different cars depicted on each, Corvair, Nova, Chevelle and Full size; all in similar gold , with a gold ring around the top. I can't for the life of me remember what I paid. $60 comes to mind, but could be way off. I would think your Snap-on glasses would bring a little less for a set of four, as they are all the same, not a set of four different ones.

But then, I may be off my rocker too.