PDA

View Full Version : Vintage NOS M&H Slicks & 3 Point Roll Bar

RobR
03-26-2021, 10:16 AM
New Old Stock M&H Racemaster Cheater Slicks!

Amazing find, made by M&H Tire Company in Watertown Mass. Racemaster cheater slicks. The size on the sidewall is 7.75/8.00-15” In the photos I put up a tape measure to show the actual diameter and width.
There is some slight cracking in the side walls, however, when the beads are pulled out to your rim width they are negligible.

Years ago NHRA stock eliminator cars could not run a slick wider than 7”. So these would be great for a vintage drag car, period correct hot rod or day 2.

Because they are 7 inches wide there are a lot of applications these will work on that are limited by quarter panel clearance like a Box Nova.
Because of their age they are being sold for static and show display. To find slicks like these in any condition is hard. It is a rare occurrence when you find New Old Stock. ••••SOLD••••

ALSO:

3 Point Roll Bar
Check the measurements of the main hoop in the photos to see if it will work in your car. The orange back bar and also the orange foot I borrowed to use for a template, not included.

Fabrication and assembly required. You would need to measure, locate and weld the feet together and mount the back bar.

Perfect for a vintage Racer or your Day 2 Car. ••••SOLD••••

I don’t want to ship these however if they are paid in advance

••••(I have three other photos of the back bar and the feet that are included with this rollbar. I’m trying to consolidate some of these ads and having a little trouble. I’ll upload those photos when I can or I can probably text or email them to you if interested, thanks)••••

Photos added of the back bar and of the Roll bar feet

Postsedan
03-26-2021, 11:17 AM
I love your M&H Racemaster Cheater Slicks :)

Appears they came from Grand Automotive in Des Plaines, IL. very cool.

GLWS

Dan

RobR
03-26-2021, 07:11 PM
I love your M&H Racemaster Cheater Slicks :)

Appears they came from Grand Automotive in Des Plaines, IL. very cool.

GLWS

Dan

That’s awesome Dan! I can’t make out the date on the paper but do you know if this place, Grand Automotive, still open? Thanks for the kind words on the slicks.

RobR
03-26-2021, 09:49 PM
Still available

Postsedan
03-26-2021, 11:58 PM
That’s awesome Dan! I can’t make out the date on the paper but do you know if this place, Grand Automotive, still open? Thanks for the kind words on the slicks.

Nope, all 3 Grand Automotive stores are
Long Gone....all closed.

There are only a few Speed Shops left in the Chicago area...they have all closed :(

Dan

RobR
03-28-2021, 06:31 AM
Additional photos of the rollbar Parts

RobR
04-01-2021, 09:32 PM
It’s been six days I haven’t heard back from the person that wanted the cheater slicks so they are STILL AVAILABLE
Vintage M and H cheater slicks NEW OLD STOCK (Can deliver to Spring Carlisle)

DW31S
04-01-2021, 10:52 PM
Slicks are “off the charts” cool Rob. Probably see you Saturday.

RobR
04-02-2021, 05:23 PM
Thanks Dave, i’ll be looking for you at Maple Grove