PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on this car

Mr. Chevy
07-02-2021, 12:35 AM
Honest opioions on this car please??

Thanks Rich

https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30801171/classiccars.com?p=eyJzIjoidWxleDhHMkF3c21HdUl4R2Jr bFVFeTdacjZnIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDgwMTE3MS xcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL2NsYXNz aWNjYXJzLmNvbVxcXC9saXN0aW5nc1xcXC92aWV3XFxcLzE0OD A1NjlcXFwvMTk3MC1kb2RnZS1jaGFsbGVuZ2VyLWZvci1zYWxl LWluLWJydW5zd2ljay1vaGlvLTQ0MjEyP3V0bV9tZWRpdW09ZW 1haWwmdXRtX3NvdXJjZT10cmFuc2FjdGlvbmFsJnV0bV9jYW1w YWlnbj1zZW5kLXRvLWEtZnJpZW5kLWNvbmZpcm1hdGlvblwiLF wiaWRcIjpcImFlMjk0NWNiZWMzMjQ0OTM5NjM1YTQ1ODU0YmE5 Njc5XCIsXCJ1cmxfaWRzXCI6W1wiZGZjZWUxOTc0NjhmMzJjND NjNjdkOTA1M2ZhOWVmOTQwOWIyM2YzOVwiXX0ifQ

njsteve
07-02-2021, 10:36 AM
Looks like a nice driver quality car. Front valance to lower fender mounting is a little wonky on the passenger side.

Headers on a 440+6 make it quicker than a hemi. It really wakes them up.

Sits too high in the rear. It says they installed "super stock springs". What part number? What ratio rear end gears in the Dana 60? (Fender tag is coded for A33 which is 3.54 gears)

What is their definition of "numbers matching"??? Need more info on what the drivetrain is: born with or later engine and what's inside that engine. And photos of the VINs on block and transmission. And carb photos too. Original or reproduction carbs?

Shifter boot is torn. I know I'm getting picky but when your selling a car like this, you could spring for the little stuff that isn't glaring eye-draw. It's a pain to install the pistol grip boot as you have to remove the stick to insert the lever through it. It doesn't pass over the top (which is probably why this one is ripped, when they tried exactly that method.)

JRSully
07-02-2021, 11:48 AM
No Mopar expert by any means, but was that riveted VIN plate messed with.?

njsteve
07-02-2021, 12:11 PM
VIN tag most likely was removed and reinstalled on the dashpad. Stupid design by Chrysler to attach a VIN plate to a piece of upholstery. You have to remove the VIN plate to replace or repair a cracked dashpad. They are correct rivets but they look to have "spun" and scratched the flat black paint of the tag. If you try to drill out the rivet - the drill catches it and spins it causing those scrathes. The correct rosette rivets are available.

Lynn
07-02-2021, 01:50 PM
Aren't the Mopar rosette rivets flat black?

Mr. Chevy
07-02-2021, 10:15 PM
The dash pad appears to have been dyed or re dyed. So I assume they removed the VIN plate to do same. It is a real 6 pack car as denoted on the VIN. I couldn't get a look at the engine, tranny and rear stamps due to the circumstances of not being able to get it out onto a lift or test drive it due to rainy weather. It is a very nice looking car and the engine sounds bad a$$...

I appreciate the feedback as I was looking at a possible purchase....

Rich

rich p
07-03-2021, 04:38 PM
How about the inside of the truck can tell u a lot...