PDA

View Full Version : Yenko in Eastern Ohio for $3500

whitetop
05-12-2000, 12:45 AM
A '69 Yenko Camaro sold for $3500 in July of 1992 in Bellaire Ohio. The car was advertised in the "Green Tab" a local free trader newspaper. Very poor condition with no motor or tranny. I believe the car was originally blue. A man sold it for his son who was arrested and had to get bail money. The son had the car in a garage for 15+ years and had many offers to sell but never would. From what I remember he bought the car from a Ohio or W.Va state trooper who himself bought it from either a dealer new or second owner. I was told the trooper lived in Moundsville W.VA. Soon after the sale in '92, a local used car lot, Tracy's Auto Sales had the car and was asking $25,000. Again, this car was in very very poor condition. Many people knew about this car over the years and tried to buy it but the guy would never sell it. Does anyone know where this car ended up? The car lot closed up a year or two later.I've talked with many local people over the last few years who remembered the car from early '70's in its Yenko stripes.
Dave

bkhpah
05-12-2000, 01:58 AM
I too had heard of the car and made the trip to WV and came up with nothing. A friend of mine did pull a LeMans Blue Yenko from WV a few years ago. This may be the same car. This car is now in restoration.

clarence t
05-12-2000, 03:32 AM
I went over to belair ohio which is just down the road from west va. we went over and looked at the car I believe this was three years ago the car still had the rear end in it I have seen cars a lot rougher The owner was drinking while I was there it was covered with an old blue tarp I would love to know what it really went for

bkhpah
05-12-2000, 11:56 AM
What was the milage? do you remember. Also was there any motor in the car at all. My friends car out of WV had the blue tarp option and a mismatched engine. Milage was a very low 9000 and change.

whitetop
05-12-2000, 02:03 PM
Brian
I think I know where the motor is from that car. John Hawthorne who works or regulary visits Oak Hill Automotive (old salvage yard) has a '67 Camaro with a 427 who has said for years the motor was from a Yenko Camaro that he had bought from a guy back in mid '70's. Oak Hills is on the western side of Bellaire, back in a "holler". I've talked with other people who have backed up John's claim.
# is 740-676-2667.

Bellair has many other jewels.
"69 Copo Camaro, original owner, yellow, bought at Huebner Chevrolet in Carrolton, Ohio. Wife drove car to school teaching job in early to mid '70's. 1975 lic plates-shows the last time the car was driven.
Dave

camaromb
05-18-2000, 08:09 PM
Dave,
The Yenko from Bellaire is in the Chicago area and being restored. A friend of mine bought it Jan. of last year. the engine in the car had the wrong block but many of the internals and heads appeared to be original. We would certainly like to see the original engine back with the car. We would also like to learn more about the history of this car. It appears to be one of the earliest '69 Yenkos built.The car also didn't have the dealer installed SW tach. E-mail me with any info you may have. Thank you.

Mark

66 L78 ragtop
08-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Mark,

If we are talking about the same car, its in Indiana being restored...As far as I know, as of 3 months ago, it was just repainted!! http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

camaromb
08-31-2009, 05:20 PM
The Indiana car is a different Yenko Camaro. The Yenko from Bellaire years ago was at this year's Mecum Indy, the "first" Yenko Camaro built.
Mark