PDA

View Full Version : questions on the black and gold zl-1 cars

helen
07-19-2000, 12:07 AM
does anyone have any info other than what has alrerady been printed on the black and gold zl-1 cars chevy built. stuff like options, were the cars destroyed or sold etc. etc. most of the stuff you read is probably bs or the writers took literary license and made stuff up about them. are there any real documented facts or unknown facts on these two cars?

69motion
07-22-2000, 11:14 AM
i have been trying to track these cars for 20years what i no is there was one automatic and one 4sd after talking to many camaro
gurus the concensus was gm yarded the motors
and scraped the cars but who really knows
let me know good luck J

JoeC
07-22-2000, 08:53 PM
One of the 1969 black with gold stripe ZL1 cars showed up at a press preview of the 1970 Cars together with a ZL1 1969 Corvette. The press was allowed to drive them. I guess Chevy wanted to show them off since the 1970 Corvette and Camaro were released late so they were not at this press preview. The COPO number on the 2 black and gold cars was 9567 and they had ZL1 emblems. From what I read some of the prototype cars were converted back to stock engines and sold to GM employees so maybe one will show up some day.