PDA

View Full Version : "Yenko Circus Wagons"

bkhpah
08-31-2000, 03:27 AM
I was looking at the classicdreamcars.com site out of Florida and saw a Berger COPO Camaro for sale. As I read the story about the car that was filled with mistakes as usual they made the comment that the Berger and Baldwin Motion cars are more collectable than the "Painted up Yenko circus wagons". Any serious collector would know that. I though that was funny! I wonder what they say about a Yenko when they have one of those for sale?
BKH

bowtie3168
08-31-2000, 02:07 PM
I wonder, how were people raised? I was always taught, "you never make yourself look better to others by putting other people or there property down". I think that it just speaks volumes about the person who says the insult. I work at a drag strip out here in NJ, I am always surprised at how people insult others over stupid little things. The best one is the insult decals between the car makes, like "You drive a FORD, Ha-ha". What a stupid way to express yourself! There are a whole group of mis-informed "tree-hugging" types that are trying to legally ruin the muscle car hobby! That guy should really think before he comes out with another insult. What a loser!!!!
Andrew

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-31-2000, 06:57 PM
I've never been to the circus, but I happen to really like my 'Painted up Circus Wagon'!! I like the Berger cars as well, so I guess I like 'Unpainted Circus Wagons' as well.

Sounds like typical used car salesman stuff. Maybe Tom Shaw can stop over there to straighten them out as to how the wave of the musclecar dealer future is shaping up, (see current issue of MuscleCar Review).

Marlin

bowtie3168
08-31-2000, 08:32 PM
Well said Marlin!!!!!

bkhpah
09-01-2000, 12:43 AM
I love the circus wagons that I have owned over the years. I also love Berger, Motion, and all the other lesser painted up dealer and COPO cars. I think all serious collectors would feel the same. I even dig the light weight Fords. I guess I ain't an "edukated" owner...
BKH

[Edited by bkhpah (08-31-2000 at 07:43 PM).]

JoeC
09-01-2000, 01:53 AM
here is the link if anyone wants to read about circus wagons and Berger cars with "turbo-glide" transmissions.
http://www.classicdreamcars.com/69DCOPO.html

Charley Lillard
09-01-2000, 02:17 AM
If you recall, that's the same dealer that was trying to pass off the fake 3000 mile 69 L89 Camaro convert. on Ebay and Traderonline a couple months ago.

bkhpah
09-01-2000, 11:36 AM
An upstanding dealer to be sure. I have followed the story on the web at the other Camaro site and love the interaction between the car owner {dealer} and the people that understand Camaros's.
BKH

COPO
09-01-2000, 01:09 PM
Considering offers OVER $105,000...yea right!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-01-2000, 03:18 PM
I wonder if this is the same dealership that was pawining off that Bronze '72 'Yenko Deuce' with a small block 400 in it a few years ago. Anybody remember the dealer's name?

Marlin

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-01-2000, 03:32 PM
I was also amused over the 'Turbo-glide' reference! The site appears to have some nice cars, they apparently had a second Berger COPO car that has been sold.
M

Unreal
09-02-2000, 01:44 AM
What about the dealer in Tarpon Springs, who advertises 4 or 5 COPO's and Yenkos. My Mother lives near there, and I went to see him, but he had just closed. Haven't had a chance to go back.

sYc
09-02-2000, 07:43 PM
What an idiot! Why would anyone slam one of the dealer/factory built supercars, whether plain or painted up. The contrast in styles is what makes the supercars so special, something for everyone. From plain Jane looking sleepers to radical paint jobs and everything in between, with one thing in common, horsepower. But, since he appears to be an "expert" on the supercars, he does clear up one thing, we now know there were only 50 B-M cars. Tom

Yenkofan
09-02-2000, 07:53 PM
Brian:

Do you know where we can get some
"Yenko Circus Wagon" decals...gosh they sure would look good on our cars.

Gary

restorer
09-03-2000, 03:24 AM
JUST SAW THIS CAR ADVERTISED ON THE TRADER ONLINE, STRANGE FOR SOMEONE NOT ACTIVELY TRYING TO SELL A CAR. THEY ALSO ADVERTISED A '69 JL-8 Z/28 FOR 70,000.00, THEY NEED A REALITY CHECK