PDA

View Full Version : Yenko Production Numbers

COPO
09-02-2000, 06:40 PM
Could someone post by year and model the generally accepted production totals for the various Yenko cars.

Yenkofan
09-02-2000, 07:50 PM
go to www.copo.com
and most of the info you want is there.

COPO
09-02-2000, 10:30 PM
Thanks, I had forgotten about that site. It has a few of the production numbers, but unfortunately the site doesn't look like it has been updated for quite some time and lots of info has not yet been posted.

COPO
09-02-2000, 11:26 PM
What are the chances of posting the info in a section on this site? Looks like COPO Connection jointly sponsors this site. Would Ed release the data so it could be posted here in its entirety?

Chevy454
09-03-2000, 03:39 AM
Well, I think you have touched on something that I think needs to be done. I am planning on an extensive overhaul for the page, but time is limited right now. But, I need to redo the dealer info/pics, and include more in depth info. It seems people are more into the hardcore info than I expected, so maybe I should add some of that...any ideas/suggestions?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-08-2000, 05:49 AM
Rob:
What do mean by 'hardcore' info? Does this include things like color, transmission type, and option breakdowns? This data is sometimes hard to get because nobody except Vince has all of the info, and his info may not contain complete option breakdowns. I also know that the Yenko info doesn't contain these breakdowns to any degree of accuracy.

I have attempted these breakdowns on the '70 Yenko Novas, and feel confident with my results. However, I would be hesitant to publish them because I had to use estimates and calculations to arrive at my results.

I can say that Ed Cunneen and I have spent considerable time attempting to calculate the total production of '70 Yenko Novas using different methods. We had to factor in some cars that were listed twice, some cars that were skipped, and some YS #'s that were omitted, and we both arrived at 175. We did this independant of each other, so as not to influence the other's results. So until some new info arrises, we have concluded that at this time 175 is the total production of '70 Yenko Novas.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Marlin