PDA

View Full Version : Yenko Deuce for sale on eBay

bkhpah
09-21-2000, 02:58 AM
Cortez Silver Yenko for sale on eBay. Looks nice. Was at the first Yenko reunion.
BKH

COPO
09-21-2000, 03:56 AM
Any idea of the reserve?

bkhpah
09-21-2000, 05:00 AM
No, but I'll take a guess at 40k. Marlin will know more on this one for sure!
BKH

sYc
09-21-2000, 05:20 AM
Here is link for those interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=444187837&r=0&t=0

Does Dave Rosell still own this car?

bkhpah
09-21-2000, 11:48 AM
I thought it just sold at auction. This ball never seems to stop bouncing..
BKH

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-21-2000, 12:39 PM
This is the reunion car as Brian said, however, it supposedly has had some changes done to it since that showing. The M22 is gone, and a leaking Sag is in it now. The rear turned out to be non-matching, and so is the leaking motor! Not sure who did what to it since the reunion, but it is not what it was supposed to be.

There has been some discussion with prior sellers/auctions regarding this car and its engine. This is the story; we had originally thought that it might be possible that a few of the Silver 4 speeds (first 15 cars made) did not get their VIN # stamped onto the engines. This theory was due to the fact that 4 silver car owners claimed to have their #'s matching blocks, but none of them had a VIN on the pad!! Realizing that anything is possible with GM, I thought it might be a mixup with the first few cars of this COPO order. I went to look at one of the silver cars in Northern New Jersey. This car was an original owner car who said he had never changed the engine and it had only 25k miles. I cleaned the pad, and the VIN was there! The owner had never noticed it because the stampings are smaller than the date stamp, and he never really cared because he knew it was never out of the car. (That car has been sold). Now, there are more silver cars found in the first 15, and they also have their VIN # on the pad. This should clear up any heresay from the seller regarding 'mixed up stories'.

As for the car's condition and originality; this car has base/clear paint, but the clear is over the stripes. There are some good points like tach, seats, ect. but also some bad points. This car was sold at a fair price the first time, but seems to be marked up and resold every few months. It is now priced higher than any other Deuce sold - ever!!

Be Careful,
Marlin

Chevy454
09-21-2000, 01:17 PM
Thanks for keeping an "eye out" guys...it's nice to know there is somewhere people can go to get the "goods" on these rare collector cars. I just wish everyone would check here so the "horror" stories I hear about people buying clones, buying fakes, mis-leading others about car history, etc. would stop. Keep up the good work, guys!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-22-2000, 05:23 AM
Hey, what's the puddle?

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=378134&a=2797405&p=28901660&Sequence=0&res=high

This photo (and several more) was taken while the car was for sale in Canada/Mich. area, before it went up for auction. The reserve on the car at that time was $45k, the high bid supposedly went to $38k. It did not sell at that particular auction.

M

sYc
10-02-2000, 06:08 PM
I saw this auction ended @ $29,200.00 but didn't meet the reserve...anyone know what (if anything) happened to this car?

Kurt S
10-02-2000, 11:02 PM
Thought this one looked familiar. That was at R-M in Ypsilanti, MI, about 3 miles from my house. I looked the car for all of 3 minutes before I had to tell the R-M guy (we get along pretty well) that the motor was a restamp and the trans was from a 71 Vette. Don't remember if I looked at the rearend.
Looked nice, but definitely wasn't original drivetrain. The font on the engine stamp was wrong and the trans had the 71 Vette VIN on it.

The black car in the foreground was a Cosworth Vega with like 40 miles on it. They had a 69 Corvair with 38 miles on it too. Too bad they didn't store a hi-po for all those years instead.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-03-2000, 01:04 PM
Sad!!
I have spoken with the original owners of this car within the past few years, they recalled taking the engine out and putting it in their '55 Chevy.

A little more of the story. Two young girls, (age 18), each bought a '70 Yenko Nova new at Kidder Knoefler Chev. in Sioux City, IA. One silver and one blue, both 4 speeds with no power steering. They would drive them to work together, and park way out in the parking lot at Iowa Beef Products, even in the winter. One of their dad's used to tell her, 'your crazy for spending all that money on the monthly payment', she's not too crazy since she still has her blue Yenko Nova!
M

sixtiesmuscle
10-03-2000, 01:09 PM
Marlin, please post picture[of girl]. Is she single?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-03-2000, 02:02 PM
Sorry!!
She is not single, and I have not photo of her or the car. She did provide the only '70 Yenko Nova MSO that we have, and I hope to get some car photos one of these days.
M

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-05-2000, 05:12 AM
Has anyone gotten any info from the seller of this car?? I have tried, and I know one other guy has emailed them as well, to no avail. I am curious as to where this car will show up next.
M