PDA

View Full Version : How they were found!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-02-2000, 06:30 PM
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=378134&a=2797405&p=29762448&Sequence=0&res=high

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-02-2000, 06:31 PM
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=378134&a=2797405&p=29763513&Sequence=0&res=high

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-02-2000, 06:38 PM
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=378134&a=2797405&p=29762453&Sequence=0&res=high

This '70 Yenko Nova was originally sold out of Peck Chev, in Little Rock, AR. The car is a 4 speed, no power steering, and Cranberry Red, it is currently undergoing restoration.

Marlin

sYc
10-02-2000, 06:43 PM
Marlin:

I'm working on this page for the web site...how about some dates for the pictures above?!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-02-2000, 06:56 PM
Tom/Rob;
Sorry!!
I thought it would be a post, a page would be even better.

The Stinger photo is circa 1998-1999, the Gobi Beige Yenko Nova is circa 1989, the Forest Green Yenko Nova is circa 1970 - (not sure what shape it is in now, but couldn't get this one to post to the 'whitewall' topic), and the Cran Red Yenko Nova is circa 1983-85.

Cool stuff, I know there are some great Yenko Camaro photos out there - get them ready!!

Marlin

sYc
10-02-2000, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the info/pictures, M!

So, now for the hard part...what do we call it?!

I'm not sure what to do about the pictures on here, as they will eventually slow everything down, but I will worry about that later...keep posting them! Everyone, keep posting them! I may just have everyone keep adding them to this post, and after there gets to be so many pictures, I will just cut a couple out...not sure. But, as soon as a picture/info is posted here, I will try and get it up on the page. Any ideas?

Rob

[Edited by sYc (10-02-2000 at 02:08 PM).]

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-02-2000, 07:23 PM
Rob;
I can re-submit them once the new page is up, (?), and delete the ones on this post.

As for a name for the page? How about, 'Drive em Hard', or 'Lettin Them Die', or 'Guess What This Is?', or 'The Best and Worst of Times'.

I'm not very creative, but I have more photos!!

Marlin

Chevy454
10-02-2000, 07:28 PM
Well, M, the page is up ( http://www.yenko.net/vintage/vintage.htm ! It's nothing fancy, but at least it's up.

You won't have to re-submit them, as there are a TON of ways I can get them. So, just start posting!

I am anxious to see some of the pictures that get submitted...Jerry Ewert has some of his Yenko Camaro that I would love to post here!

JoeC
10-02-2000, 10:42 PM
It is no SuperCar but it is a cool pic Donna Mae and behind her is the Yenko "works team" transporter. I believe this is early 1960's -before the Stinger program began.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1169942&a=8610132&p=29497662

JoeC
10-02-2000, 11:00 PM
Don Yenko special ordered this 1966 L72/M22 Corvette and race prepped it by adding a roll bar and chopping off the windshield .ouch!. The car was one of two built with M22, J56, F41, K66, and heater/radio delete. It was sold to a customer who road raced it in A/P.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1169942&a=8610132&p=29489227

bbdon
10-03-2000, 03:30 AM
Do you know what happened to the Fathom green Deuce? It looks just like the one that I saw in Dam Neck Virginia, in 1979 or so. That was the first Yenko that I ever saw or even heard of. I had just bought my Fathom green 396 Nova a few months before that, so I was quite interested in it. I always wondered what happened to it. I dont remember the whitewalls though.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-03-2000, 05:17 AM
I thought Rob's idea of a post of photos showing the unrestored condition of Supercars is a good idea. So, here is one that I have collected.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=378134&a=2797405&p=28910756&Sequence=0&res=high

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=378134&a=2797405&p=28910758&Sequence=0&res=high

More to come,
Marlin

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-03-2000, 12:49 PM
BBdon;
That Forest Green Yenko Nova is orig. out of Grossman Chev. in Minneapolis, MN. The original owner is from Eau Claire, WI and he only kept it about 3-4 years before trading it in at a used car dealership. The car is sitting in a barn somewhere up north, supposed to be a future project for father and son. This car is a 4 speed, no power steering, no dealer optioned model.

Every original owner we have spoken with recalled the whitewall tires, and how much they hated them. Every one of them changed to some type of white letter tire, some even mixed the brands on the front vs. the rear just to get the whitewalls off.

Where is your L78 Nova??
M

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-03-2000, 12:54 PM
BBdon;
Where is Dam Neck, Virginia? Is it close to; Virginia Beach, Danville, or Richmond? This will give me an indication of where the car may have been out of. Do you know if it was an a/t or 4sp?
M

COPO
10-03-2000, 01:26 PM
The Dam Neck I know is a Naval Base and is in the City of VA Beach on the south. That would likely mean the car came from Colonial Chev.

[Edited by COPO (10-03-2000 at 08:26 AM).]

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-03-2000, 02:00 PM
If this is the same town, then it would most likely have been a Colonial car. This is primarily due to the fact that Colonial Chev. had a Sales Contract with Yenko Chev. to be the exclusive distributor in a defined region. The closest Yenko dealer to Colonial was Tamson Chev, in Danville, VA who got one FG car and it is found, (never left Danville). The next closest Yenko dealer was Lustine Chev. in Hyattsville, MD who also received one (?) FG car and it to is found, (found in Baltimore). There is an FG, a/t, p/s, car from Colonial that is now in MN, this might have been the car!
M

WWJD
10-04-2000, 04:05 AM
Here is a picture of the Colonial car before and after restoration. This is the F/G, AT, P/S, car that is now located in Minn.
jim

http://www.geocities.com/bowties427/yenkomessageboard.jpg

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-04-2000, 12:22 PM
Hey Jim (WWJD),
Your car is back up for sale!! Check out AutoTrader Online. Nice photos of the pre-restoration phase. I have a few as well, and will try to get them on the board. One of my photos has a black Cobra Jet in the background, where is that car?
Marlin

WWJD
10-04-2000, 12:45 PM
hey marlin, ya i seen the ad on trader on line---and talked to a gentleman who said he was going to purchase it. the 69 cyclone cobra jet went to denver, CO. last i knew.
jim

Charley Lillard
10-04-2000, 02:24 PM
There is also a Blue Deuce on Traderonline. Out of Otis Chandler collection. What is known about it ?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-04-2000, 02:58 PM
This car has been on that site for a few months now, but the phone number doesn't seem to work.

This is the Otis Chandler car, and the photo in the ad is from that era. The car is a real Yenko, and it was originally sold out of Central Chev. in Cleveland, OH. The car was purchased by Otis from Alan J. in Connecticut, how it got from OH to CT is unknown. The car is a 4 speed, no power steering, and is one of the relatively few that received the dealer installed Sport Mirrors option. This car is the 47th car made, and was asigned stock number YS-026.

The Fathom Blue paint is usually one of the favorite colors on any Yenko car. There were approx. 35 '70 Yenko Novas in Fathom Blue, 24 four-speeds and 11 a/t's. At this time there are approx. 13 Fathom Blue cars located, 10 four-speeds and 3 a/t's.

The car is claimed to have it's original drivetrain, the engine was removed for cleaning and reinstalled, and the car has reportedly been repainted. The only real flaws with this car are the incorrect seats, (~$1200), incorrect exhaust manifolds, (~$350-$1000), no smog, ($1100), and not sure if there is a rear sway bar, ($250-$300). There will always be the bunch of items that you can't find when only looking at photos, but overall it is a strong car and is priced at its upper limit of $35k. Not many '70 Yenko Novas trade in this price range. Those cars that do, are usually among the best in the country and are rarely advertised. This car may be one of the better opportunities out there if the price were adjusted for the incorrect items.

Marlin

restorer
10-04-2000, 04:36 PM
Marlin, you seem to have a good line on what cars came from where. I noticed on the dealership and memorobilia link that there is an ad for Yenko dealers and that Ferman Motor Car Co. was one of them, I pass this dealership everyday but there is no one in there interested in trying to find any information on what was sold in the past by them, any info? Someone once told me that they thought they saw a Camaro in their showroom at one time. Thanks Wes

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-04-2000, 06:47 PM
I know the owner, and he is currently restoring the car. I believe it is painted, and ready for reassembly. Will ask him to post some photos.
M

restorer
10-04-2000, 11:50 PM
Thanks Marlin, That address is for their new location, in the '60's they were actually downtown. My friend seems pretty adamant about seeing one there, but who knows. How could they be listed as a dealer and not sold any? Thanks again for the information. Wes

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-05-2000, 05:09 AM
To my knowledge, Ferman Motor Car Co, Inc. at 9751 Adamo Dr. in Tampa, FL only sold one Yenko car(?), it was an '81 Yenko Turbo Z.

This car is White, and was delivered to to this dealer on April 9, 1982!! The car had 466 miles on it at that time. The car was purchased new by the vice-president of the Buchan energy company of St. Petersburg, FL on ~~November 5, 1982. I believe this is the car that was recently on EBAY in Scranton, PA, it is now in MO and was at this year's reunion.

Hope this helps!!
Sorry, no '67-'70's Yenkos from there,
Marlin

mahoy78spyder
10-05-2000, 05:35 AM
Does anyone know what that current status of this Vega Yenko Stinger is? Is it still rusting away somewhere?... is it currently undergoing a restoration? Does anyone know the owner?

Ken

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-05-2000, 01:44 PM
Some dealerships were in the network, but weren't required to buy cars. We know of one dealership in Southern New Jersey that apparently didn't get any cars. Other dealerships only wanted the road racing Stinger Corvairs, or Stinger Vegas, and without any inventory lists for those cars we don't know where they all went. Sometimes, a dealer would take a bunch of cars and then find out they could not sell them. They could/would dealer transfer them to another dealer. This could be how Ferman got a Supercar, or maybe they did and we just don't know about it yet!!

Anything is possible with Yenko!!
M

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-05-2000, 02:44 PM
Sale is now pending on the Otis Chandler Yenko Nova! The potential new owner will take it shows, so we will now get a chance to see it firsthand.
M

WWJD
10-05-2000, 06:03 PM
joe, they only say stinger. my error i didn'tlook that close to the picture were it says turbo stinger.
jim

mahoy78spyder
10-05-2000, 10:36 PM
There were apparently two different decal sets available for the Vega Stinger, those that said "Turbo Stinger" (obviosly if you opted for the turbo option) and those that just said "Stinger". You could buy a set from Yenko for the advertised price of $32.95.

Also, that pic of the Yellow Stinger Vega "does" in fact look like the prototype. One unique feature on it was the striping going across the rear spoiler as opposed to terminating on the quarter panel like all others I've seen. Also, it's the only one I've seen that said "Turbo Stinger" in the stripe. The wheels are non-original though. The prototype came with new custom mag wheels, and they looked like Cosworth wheels but with the inside painted black instead of gold, but this was 3 years before the first prototype Cosworth came out. *shrug* It's hard to say, I dont' have a good pic of the original wheels except in a 1971 magazine article and another ad. Other ads I have for the Vega Stinger have the stamped steel Rally II wheels. It seems you could get as few or as many "Yenko Stinger" options as you liked. It was not a so-called package deal. Each option had it's own price:
BORT Trans Am air dam - $21.95
BORT Mini Z ducktail (rear spoiler) - $34.95
Stinger stripes - $32.95
Window CV louvres - $26.95/pr
Wheel flares - $35.00/pr
Yenko Turbo Charger - $575.00 complete

And I've seen real GT models converted and I've seen standard Vega models converted too - all with varying blackout paint schemes as well. *another shrug* It's a mystery.

Ken

mahoy78spyder
10-05-2000, 10:39 PM
JoeC, do you know when that pic of the prototype Stinger was taken? ...and do you have any other pics besides that one?

Ken

JoeC
10-06-2000, 01:03 AM
I believe that Yellow Stinger Vega was a prototype. There is a small B&W pic showing it with a Mich. plate (no. 11M-631) which I believe is a manufacturers plate. So maybe Chevy did some development on the car since it was done on a COPO but I'm not sure of the exact date. The car was also in a few magazines. Marlin's pic of the blue one shows the production stripe with "stinger" cut in the stripe and "Yenko" as a seperate decal above the stripe. Then if you purchased the turbo you got the " turbo" decal added. Do you have a Stinger Vega?

mahoy78spyder
10-06-2000, 03:53 AM
JoeC, no I don't own a Stinger, although I have entertained the idea of it. Recently one of the two known Stinger "wagons" was for sale in FL and a friend of mine almost purchased it. As I understand it, the seller ended up keeping it and is securing an original turbo for the restoration. (although I don't think it was originally a turbo car)
I just am an enthusiest of the Stinger Vegas (and all GM Hbodies in general) I research them as a hobby and help maintain an Hbody FAQ website as well. I've owned 9 of them in the last 16 years.

I didn't know that in order to denote your Stinger was a turbo that you had to order the "Turbo" decal seperately. That's very interesting. I suppose they had to keep a supply of them in all available colors since they applied on top of the black Yenko stripe. What color is your Turbo sticker you got from Ebay?

Also, doesn't someone (founder?) in this registry now own a Stinger Vega? Can anyone tell me what the status of that car is? Is it a turbo version? Any pics of it around? As I understand it, he also owns one of the original turbos as well. (???)

The Yenko Stinger Vega is an interesting car to research. I recently located one of the two founders of BORT (who made many of the components of the Stinger Vega, as well as other well-known cars) and soon I will finish compiling my list of questions and conduct an interview with him. I will be asking about the Yenko Stinger, as well as the Pontiac Li'l Wide Track and the Monza Mirage. If you're interested I'll share what I learn. Should be interesting.

Ken

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-06-2000, 05:21 AM
This guy was selling a set of stripes for the Stinger Vega on EBAY. The seller did not know where this car was, he only had the stripes.
M

JoeC
10-06-2000, 05:23 AM
I have no idea where this pic came from but it was on my computer. I believe it is the prototype Stinger Vega with the Rajay Turbo that was shown in the magazines before production began using the Schweitzer turbo.
The stripes are different then production Vegas.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1169942&a=8610132&p=29989133

[Edited by JoeC (10-05-2000 at 12:23 PM).]

JoeC
10-06-2000, 05:30 AM
I bought a set of decals of just the word "Turbo" from an ex Yenko employee who had them on e-bay. He said they are original and I believe him because who would repro them?

WWJD
10-06-2000, 05:30 AM
i bought those(yenko vega stinger) stripes off ebay--if someone
needs a copy, i'll get a set reproduced.
jim

WWJD
10-06-2000, 05:36 AM
must be the same guy--cuz he to was an ex-employee, he found the strip kit in his garage, wrapped inside an old delco-remy
box- original not reproduced.

JoeC
10-06-2000, 05:41 AM
WWJD , What do they say on them? Just the word "Stinger" ? Not the same as in the pic?

JoeC
10-06-2000, 12:37 PM
Ken, The "Yenko Turbo" decals were on the car above the stripe not on the stripe and I beleive only came in either Blk. or white. Mine are black.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-06-2000, 12:44 PM
Check out the '71 Stinger Vega article with the other stripe design!
M

JoeC
10-06-2000, 12:51 PM
it is not too clear but you can see the "yenko turbo" above the stripe and the word stinger cut into the stripe. This ad says 1973 Vega and looks like white stripes on a black striped GT car. I wonder who won it?
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1169942&a=8610132&p=30047484

bbdon
10-06-2000, 06:00 PM
Yes, it was Dam Neck Naval training station near Virginia beach. The car that I remember was a definitely a four speed, I remember that it had a fancy Hurst shifter with a separate reverse lockout lever. I didnt know what the extra lever was for at the time. The car may have come from further up north, since most of us on that base had just come from the sub school in New London Conneticut. Mt memory is weak, but it may have had a for sale sign on it at the time.
My 69 Nova is safe in the Garage, but it is just the 350 HP model, not an L78 unfortunately. Not a 427 like the ones on this site, sorry.
http://nova.smu.edu/novacoffman69/novacoffman69.html
It is being horribly neglected this year, as I spend most of my free time trying to figure out a way to make my new smog dog run better. http://www.sonic.net/bbdon/features/disco/index.htm
The smog dog is actually rarer than the big block car.

[Edited by bbdon (10-06-2000 at 01:00 PM).]

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-06-2000, 06:24 PM
Here is pic of different type of stripe;
Marlin
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=378134&a=2796937&p=30064440&Sequence=0&res=high

bkhpah
10-06-2000, 11:42 PM
We will be restoring a Yenko Stinger Vega wagon in the future. We would like to secure a set of stripes for this car. The letters BORT stand for "ball's out race team" according to Donna Mae Mimms. Just thought you might like that one...
BKH

mahoy78spyder
10-07-2000, 04:48 AM
To bkhpah: *smile* Yes, "Balls Out Racing Team" was the "inside" name for the design studio that Jack Purcell and Jack Juratovic created in the seventies, although the acronym, originally, stood for "British Overseas Racing Team". I have a GM exec friend who was friends with them during BORT's heyday and he laughingly confirmed the "alternate" meaning of the BORT acronym.

As for BORT's involvement with your Yenko Vega Wagon, they made all the the bolt-on accessories like the spoilers (front & rear), the wheel flares, and the window louvers, although the Yenko wagon probably did not have any of these items. The decals you're looking for, if done like all the other decals BORT contracted to have done, should have originally come from 3M, but I have not confirmed that yet. I should know soon when I conduct an interview with Jack Juratovic from BORT. The other BORT founder Jack Purcell, has dropped off the face of the earth as far as I can tell. *shrug*

On getting a set of decals for your wagon, one suggestion is to call Ralph Greinke of Stencils & Stripes Unlimited. His quality is second to none and he may entertain creating a set of stripes for you. I have been in contact with him since the early 90's and I and a handful of others have talked him into creating certain decal sets, like the Monza Spyder and soon the Monza Mirage, so creating a decal kit for the Vega Stinger is not out of the realm of possibilities.
His shop is located at:
1108 S. Crescent
Park Ridge, IL 60668
Phone: (847) 692-6893

What color is your wagon? The research I had done only turned up "two" Stinger Wagons ever found still in existense. One is a green wagon with white stripes in FL (I have lots of pics of it somewhere around here) and the other was (I think) red and I heard rumors that it had been tubbed out and a V8 swapped in. (that's a shame) Tell me more about your wagon. I'm very interested.

Ken

mahoy78spyder
10-07-2000, 05:13 AM
Ok, now I see. Funny.... I have a scan of that same ad but never noticed the extra decals above the "Stinger" in the stripe. Plus that makes more sense to make it a black or a white decal that applies above with the Yenko decal. Thanks for clearing that up.

Question: I was pretty sure someone in this registry had a Yenko Vega (father/son/founders?) I am unfamiliar with login names here as I am new, so maybe I'm talking to you now... ????? But anyway, I'd be interested to know more about that car as well.

mahoy78spyder
10-07-2000, 05:16 AM
How does one post a picture to this message board? I notice that my HTML is OFF, but my UBB Code is ON. I found those pics of the Vega Stinger Wagon and thought I'd post a pic of it.

Ken

mahoy78spyder
10-07-2000, 05:33 AM
Argh! Never mind.... I figured it out. Got my UBB code wrong the first time... this one works. Here are a couple pics of the Vega Stinger wagon found in FL. The remaining pics can be found on a friend's website at http://www.robpatton.com/photoalbum/yenkovega/

http://i6.yimg.com/6/be4c814d/h/c87f6e33/yenko01f.jpg
http://i6.yimg.com/6/be4c814d/h/e9bbd03f/yenko02f.jpg

Ken

JoeC
10-07-2000, 11:12 AM
On the back of the original turbo decal it has "3M" and "Sprint marking film" with a two crossed checkered flags graphic. Anyone restoring a Yenko Turbo Stinger II can use these for a pattern since they are too old to put on the car.
Brian, is the Vega Wagon going to be restored as a turbo? Will you change the name SuperCar Workshop to "BOSW"?

bkhpah
10-07-2000, 11:28 AM
That is the car that we are going to restore. It is owned by a customer of ours. We are currently restoring a 69 Harrell COPO Camaro for him. We have no future plans for any name change, but it is an interesting thought. I had located a complete Yenko vega motor that has been bought for the car and I think he has located a Turbo unit for it. It was not an original Turbo wagon, but I think it will have one in the end. This is our most off the wall project on the list. I am looking forward to that one...
BKH

bkhpah
10-08-2000, 12:45 PM
mahoy78spyder, you really seem to know you stuff about the Vega's. These cars have been long forgotten in even the most hardcore circle of dealer built cars. I would love to see some of these little beasts re-emerge from hiding. I was told by the Yenko Service Manager during the time of the Turbo Vega testing that these cars were VERY stong though 3rd gear. Most cars could not match the Vegas untill 4th gear were the little motors gave up and the big block cars would out pull them. But in the stop light derby the Vega was a very difficult car to match..
BKH

sYc
10-08-2000, 03:00 PM
The sYc does have an original Yenko turbo unit, serial # 001, plus a picture (autographed) of Don holding the unit, stating it is the first one. We are in contact with a Stinger owner about working out a deal to put this unit on a true Yenko Stinger Vega. As per our Vega, it is "Motion" Vega. It was found by the same person who found/sold the Yenko Stinger wagen. He found the car in a barn in Forida, where it had been settting since the '70s, with many rare Motion pieces intact, including the original emblems, ZL-1 flares, 4:56 posi 12 bolt, 400 turbo, N50 "Super Stock" tires on Cragars, etc. We will post some pictures of the car soon. Tom

Chevy454
10-08-2000, 08:29 PM
Here's a picture from our collection that we thought was kind of neat.

http://ortrackm.missouri.org/~yenko/YS2.gif

Anyone know who that is in the picture or where it was taken?

JoeC
10-08-2000, 10:51 PM
Nice Disco era pic. Looks like it is in front of the old Yenko Chevy Dealership 1972.
On a side note Nickey Chevrolet sold a kit where you sent in your Vega head to exchange it for a re-worked head, a new cam pulley, and some other parts. Cost was $150.00 and they claimed up to a 40% HP increase. Nickey called it the "Vinegarroon Vega Kit."

bkhpah
10-09-2000, 01:39 AM
That is without question Yenko Canonsburg. the man my be Bill Bauer who was the service manager at Yenko at the time. I am not sure about that though..Great pic,,got more?
BKH

mahoy78spyder
10-09-2000, 04:43 AM
For some reason Yahoo Photos would not allow others to view the pics I linked to of the Yenko Wagon so here they are again. I'm also posting some other Yenko Stinger literature that hasn't been posted yet that I thought you might find interesting.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1254274&a=9275205&p=30253491
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1254274&a=9275205&p=30253492
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1254274&a=9275205&p=30253957
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1254274&a=9275205&p=30253960
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1254274&a=9275205&p=30253962

Ken

mahoy78spyder
10-09-2000, 04:58 AM
To bkhpah: thanks for the compliment, but I must admit, my knowledge is more into the Monza side of the GM Hbodies than it is on the Vega side, but studying the Monza(and other clones) sometimes leads you down the Vega path and I've learned by default. I'm particularly interested in the specialty models, like the Yenko Stinger, Motion Super Vega, Cosworth, etc. and have ammassed a lot of literature and also have learned from owners and others like you who clarify little points that I didn't previously know, such as the correct decal options for the Yenko Stinger. :-) I "do" really love these cars though, and it excites me to see that you're restoring that Stinger wagon. Please keep us all posted as to how that goes. When it's done and on display, you can "count" on me being there. You're right in saying that these cars were really underestimated in their day. I've owned 8 Monzas and 1 Skhawk (clone) in the last 16 years, so you could say I'm addicted.

If you need any help gathering parts or info on your Stinger wagon, once that project begins, let me know. As for researching it, here are some great resources for you. First check out our GM Hbody club site at http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/gmhbody Also, you can check out the Hbody FAQ I help maintain at http://members.fortunecity.com/hbodyfaq/ You can either ask your question on the club site, or search for an answer on the FAQ site. Hope this helps.
Ken

bkhpah
10-09-2000, 11:36 AM
Have you eveer heard of a Yenko modified Monza? There is rumor of such a car local.
BKH

JoeC
10-09-2000, 12:44 PM
There was an IMSA Monza race car that was being sold by ex-employee/friend of Don Yenko's whose name is Kim M. In the ad it was stated that the car was raced by Don.

mahoy78spyder
10-09-2000, 02:42 PM
Yes, I have heard of a Yenko Monza, and apparently there is even an original ad out there somewhere advertizing it. I just missed winning the bid on it on Ebay last year, however, I don't know much more than that and I do not have a scan of the ad. (forgot to download it - ARGH!)
Ken

bkhpah
10-09-2000, 04:25 PM
Kin M is Kim Mason who runs and owns Yenko Honda in McMurry PA. Mason has been a road racer for years and was the developmental engineer on te Yenko Turbo Z program from 79-81.
BKH

mahoy78spyder
10-10-2000, 06:05 PM
Is this IMSA Monza being sold by Kim one of the original Dekon Monzas by any chance?

Also, what do you know of the Yenko Monza?

Ken

Chevy454
10-10-2000, 08:54 PM
I added a link to this ad, so this page will load a little faster, but here is an interesting ad:
http://ortrackm.missouri.org/~yenko/YS3.JPG

Here is the bottom part of the ad (the part with the Vega) enlarged: http://ortrackm.missouri.org/~yenko/YS4.JPG
So, I guess (according to the ad) owning a Yenko makes a fashion statement?