PDA

View Full Version : Name This Z!

Big Mike
10-17-2000, 02:15 PM
Hi, I'm new here and am doing some research on a car my dad bought.For years I've heard stories from him of the '67Z/28 he bought new.So here is the mystery(to me).In '67 he bought a new Z/28 off the showroom floor in Ventura,CA. He paid $4200 for it,the dealer told him that there were only around 50 like his and that only 8 were in CA.The car had rear disc brakes and rear quarter fins,rear swaybar,rear spoiler,offset SS style hood fins,302, M21,4.10 gears.It was butternut yellow with black stripes.
His ex wife kept all the pictures and paperwork 30years agp when they got divorced,
the dealer told him that the car was sent to a custom shop near San Deigo to be modified befor it was put on the showroom where he bought it.I've asked him various names and about any badges or stickers and none ring a bell.
I hope I gave enough info for someone to recognize whatever this car was, please help!Everyone is greatly appreciated.
Mike

bowtie3168
10-17-2000, 03:03 PM
Big Mike,
Jerry MacNeish has "The 67 Z-28 Registry" he might be able to give you some info. Check out www.z28camaro.com and you might want to order his book "The Definitive 1967-1968 Camaro Z/28 Fact Book". I hope that this helps.

Andrew