PDA

View Full Version : Testing the waters and sharing a neat Yenko ad

Rainer
11-03-2000, 07:28 AM
Hi all -

I thought you guys here would enjoy this ad thatĂs in an old racing program of mine from Road America. IĂm sure many of you have extensive collections of this stuff, so IĂll apologize in advance if this one is old news. I grew up in Milw., and this dealer went out of business some time in the 70Ăs or very early 80Ăs. I tried to contact the salesman listed in the ad, and got as far as his niece. HeĂs alive and well, and she was going to pass my name and number along to him, though I havenĂt heard back.

http://www.geocities.com/rseitzx/67YenkoCamaro2.jpg

IĂm a regular at Team Chevelle, and it looks like you guys have a great site going here. I always enjoy RobĂs posts at TC, so it comes as no surprise. I appreciate the high regard for documentation and œreal” evidence that you guys hold here. IMHO, there is so much misinformation because people offer up as proof explanations such as œmy car has X, so it must be original,” œI (my dad, friend, brother) had one brand new with X from the factory”, œIĂve never seen one with X at any of the shows, so it canĂt be original”, etc. etc.

Keep up the good work! Dreaming of joining the Supercar ranks someday˜

JoeC
11-03-2000, 09:40 AM
Rainer - Nice ad - thanks for posting it.
there is another ad that just popped up on the 67 Z/28 site.
http://www.1967z28.com/main.htm

bkhpah
11-03-2000, 11:30 AM
We have collected many ads over the years, but dealer ads outside of Yenko are very hard to come up with. Thanks for the post. I feel that is the same car that shows up in a number of other ads for the 67 cars. Very good post! Our record indicate that only two cars were sold at Humphrey's in 67. A 450 and a 410 horse. Both cars were received 7-21-67. The cost of the cars to Humphreys? 4281.98 and 4016.38. Not bad!!! I would like to add that the 67 data base is not 100% complete, but these cars are certain...

BKH

bowtie3168
11-03-2000, 03:27 PM
Rainer,
That was GREAT! Thank you!

Andrew