PDA

View Full Version : Riley's double COPO & Berger Camaro

mahoy78spyder
11-22-2000, 04:28 AM
Just a quick question that someone I'm sure can clear up quickly. I noticed that Mike Riley had recently purchased a yellow Berger-prepared 2000 Camaro SS (a 75th anniversary car from Berger Chevrolet) - and by the way, what a stunning looking car! But when I picked up my December 2000 issue of Super Chevy, I see the Rileys there pictured in the top left corner of page 90 with their beautiful double COPO '69 Berger Camaro, but then I also see just below that picture their new yellow 2000 SS Camaro with the caption:

"They're just about sold out, so Dale Berger, of Berger Chevrolet, got his own Anniversary SS quickly. It's a one-off that's painted bright yellow."

Are there two yellow SS's now, or is this actually a misprinted photo of Mike's new car?

Ken

11-22-2000, 11:40 AM
There are two yellow cars. Mikes is daytona yellow, the other is millenium yellow. Both are awesome!

Mis B
11-23-2000, 05:52 AM
Thanks for all the compliments!
Yenko is correct. The two cars are definitely a different shade of yellow which was especially evident when they were together. In addition, Dale Berger's car was a convertible. Berger sold the Millenium Yellow convertible to a collector in Viginia Beach.
The Rileys