PDA

View Full Version : unrestored Berger COPO Camaro

JoeC
11-30-2000, 05:31 AM
This site has interesting pictures of an unrestored Berger COPO 9737 69 Camaro. It has the black rear panel with a bowtie emblem and the Berger emblem. The text states that it has the 9737 Yenko Sports car conversion.

http://www.coast2camaro.com/Projects.html

Mis B
11-30-2000, 11:45 AM
I talked to the owner at Superfest (actually the owner found us and asked alot of fact finding questions) about this car. There is no documentation, it is missing most of it's original drivetrain (everything front of the firewall), has an M-22(no Berger were shipped with that transmision), none of the guages were in the car, and the owner refuses to give me the VIN or the Body Number. Draw your own conclusions.

Kurt S
12-06-2000, 10:30 PM
Mike,
I sent you a couple of emails. Did you get them?

I know Rich. 'Interesting' guy would cover it.

Chevy454
12-06-2000, 10:44 PM
I recently had an "altercation" with this gentleman, as well...Kurt_S: your description is very accurate.

Mis B
12-07-2000, 09:03 PM
Kurt,
I have not received your e-mails. My new address is [email protected].
If you have information on this car I would appreciate it or if the owner whats to visit with me I will be happy to listen. Thanks.

Charley Lillard
12-08-2000, 12:39 AM
Mis B, My Berger ZL1 was shipped with a M22. Or do you just mean regular COPO's?
The other day I got an Email from the owner of the Berger and he was very mad at us at this site because someone sent him a very Juvenile Email and the return address was Yenko.net. He also stated that the Vin # of his car was 6 #'s away from my # 3 ZL1 and that it was delivered to Berger on the same truck. I would think that if they recieved it on the same truck that someone might remember. Does he know something or have paperwork or is he just making that assumption ? Does it have a 140 speedo ? Big Sway Bar ? Trans ?

Chevy454
12-08-2000, 04:21 AM
Just to "clarify"...I also got an email from the gentleman Charley mentioned, but the return address wasn't from someone here, someone just entered "www.yenko.net" in the "NAME" field on the email form on his web site whenever they sent the form in. It could be ANYONE, not just someone from this site.

Mis B
12-08-2000, 01:42 PM
Charley, I personaly have not seen a Berger L-72 COPO with a standard transmision that had anything other then a M-21.
I was initially told by the owner in question that there was no documentation on the car and that it was missing it's engine and the entire front clip. The only means of verifying an undocumented Berger L-72 is with the Body Number from the trim tag and determine if it falls into one of the established orders. VINs of these cars do not tell you anything about the authenticity of the vehicle. Many of the VINs on documented cars are out of sequence. So far he has not offered that information.
I quit sending this guy e-mails long ago since he would not tell me anything else about the car. I can not answer your question about the speedo of sway bar for that reason. I did send him partial information on my car until he failed to respond with his.
I would like to know how he knows his car was on the same truck with yours since the information I have contradicts that.
If he wants to give us the Body Number off the car we could settle this issue immediately. In addition if he wants to contact me I will be happy to visit with him and if the car is real I will also be happy to acknowlegde that.

Ed Cunneen
12-13-2000, 11:55 AM
This gentleman did contact me with the car information and it is indeed a Berger COPO Camaro. He has stated that he added options that were not originally on the car for his personal preference.