PDA

View Full Version : 67 Biscayne Info

wheelchairchris
12-01-2000, 02:26 AM
I am hunting down information on a 1967 Chevrolet Biscayne. Did Baldwin-Motion build these high performance vehicles? I have acquired a Chevy Biscayne from a neighbor who passed from cancer, (rest well friend, you are missed). The car is in superb condition as it has not seen rain in 16 years. The 2 door post B-Body is in original Maroon with Fawn interior. It has 60,000 original miles on a 250 cubic inch engine. I wish to restore the car to a replica COPO car.

I am 30 years old and a car lover as far back as I can remember. Eight years ago I was in a shallow water diving accident. Left paralyzed and unable to do a whole bunch, I wish to restore this car as my great contribution to classic car history. Even though I will never drive again, I can picture the car gleaming its glory at all the local events. I know that this will bring my life hours of pleasure. My pride and joy so to speak. What a collectable to sit in my garage / play room, surrounded by antique automobile memorabilia.

sixtiesmuscle
12-01-2000, 03:07 PM
Sounds like a neat project, Chris. Baldwin/Motion offered these cars, and , dubbed them their "Street Fighter Special". They appear in the early B/M catalogs along with the transplant cars. Nickey also sold quite a few, but, any dealer could order them. I think that the 427-425 was an RPO not a COPO from '66-'69 for the big cars. If not, somebody will correct that notion. The big block swap should be pretty easy, but hopefully it's a stick car, not a powerglide. Good luck & have fun.

sYc
12-01-2000, 03:32 PM
This isn't a '67, but here is the June 2000 feature car, a Baldwin-Motion Biscayne: http://www.yenko.net/features/June2000.htm

wheelchairchris
12-01-2000, 11:39 PM
Thank you all for the information regarding my Biscayne. It is really wonderful having a place like this to ask and discuss the things us car lovers enjoy. i am thinking of having it painted calypso blue with black interior. I have a set of rally wheels, did the Motion cars use this type of wheel? Most of the Motion cars I have seen run a Mag style wheel.
Chris

bowtie3168
12-04-2000, 07:00 PM
Chris,
I like your idea of building a replica of a "Street Fighter Special". I have a friend that has a 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne:Black Exterior with Red Interior, factory 427, 4 speed. I also know a gentleman that has a 1968 "formal roofline" Impala 427 car. Neither are Motion Cars. I will try to post some photos for you. Good luck, I hope that your project works out the way that you would like it to.
Andrew