PDA

View Full Version : jenkins competition

rat tuned
01-01-2001, 07:05 PM
A couple of years ago I was at the track and a guy in a nova had a front license plate that had the jenkins/competition logo on it. does anyone know if they are available and if not how I could make 1 for the front of my car? thanx and happy new year

whitetop
01-01-2001, 07:36 PM
Jenkins Competition still sells these. They are around $10. I saw Grumpy selling these at the Supercar Showdown in Columbus 2 years ago. He also sells decals, T-shirts, etc.
If you have the number for his shop you can buy it throught he mail
whitetop

bowtie3168
01-02-2001, 03:49 PM
I just purchased a yellow "Jenkin's Competition" T-shirt at the "York US 30 Reunion". Bill sells stuff and can be seen at working on his "Pro Stock Truck"program (NHRA).
Andrew

rat tuned
01-02-2001, 07:56 PM
does any one know how I can get a hold of him? phone# and/or web address. thanx again

bowtie3168
01-03-2001, 03:51 PM
Rat-tuned,
His shop is in Malvern Pa, I don't know the # but it is listed. Just a little word of caution, Mr. Jenkins is ALL buisness. I don't mean that he is money motivated, I mean that he does not have alot of time to "shoot the breeze". If you call him you BETTER have a question for him that he will want to hear. You might want to wait to meet him at a show. DO NOT CALL HIM "GRUMPY"!!!!! P.S. I have met him several times and have actually done him a favor at the track and I would not call him myself.
Andrew

rat tuned
01-04-2001, 07:11 PM
thanx for the info,
i'm sure he's quite busy and would have no time to field questions. all i want is a plate and/or decals. how do I find out what shows and events he attends? i sure as heck don't want to bug the man. thanx again

rat tuned
01-04-2001, 07:14 PM
I guess he would not want to sign the old hot rod magazine I have of him laying on a rug in his bathing suit. I still laugh evertime I open that issue!!

bowtie3168
01-04-2001, 09:10 PM
Rat Tuned,
I am not trying to take the wind out of your sails. I see Bill at the "Matco Tools Spring Supernationals". If you come to Englishtown he will be there. I am sure that he would be happy to sign your stuff, he is really cool. I just was trying to worn you to be careful with him on the phone. Jenkins and Malcolm Durham are very leery of dealing with fans over the phone. They are both very cool, you just have to approach them the right way. He signed my "Old Reliable" Bel Air model and he really liked it. I will get you more info on getting in touch if you like. Email me.
Andrew

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
01-05-2001, 01:34 PM
Andrew is correct about Jenkins on the phone. I had called him about 3 years ago about having him do the engine in my Yenko. He thought about it for about 10 seconds, asked what I wanted out of it, and when I said stock - he said no thanks, end of conversation. When I asked him why he didn't want to do it, he said that he is doing a lot of development work on V6 racing engines and doesn't have time for that kind of stuff. He finished with, 'have a nice day'. He does not BS over the phone. Jenkins reminds me of an older Warren Johnson, who also does not BS over the phone.
Just my experience, I would like a license plate and shirts as well.
M

micky69396
01-07-2001, 05:12 AM
There is a ad in National Dragster that is selling the Jenkins Competition license plates. No phone number just a address to send $12 inc. s&h to:

Brian Browell
711 N. 31 st.
Lafayette, IN 47904

Must be a licenced product because it is a big ad.

bowtie3168
01-26-2001, 12:35 PM
***************NEW GRUMP INFO****************

I just read the latest issue of "National Dragster"(The Official Magazine of the National Hot Rod Assoc.) and they did an article on Bill Jenkins turning 70. Among the guests were the sister of the late Peter Revson (sorry I do not know her name) , Jere Stahl, Ritchie Zul, and Paul Blevins. If you are a "Grump" fan check it out.
Andrew