PDA

View Full Version : Super Car world losses a great friend tonight..

bkhpah
01-25-2001, 02:39 AM
I just got the news that my good friend Doug Olson lost his battle with cancer. He was 45. Doug was one of the best people that I ever met, that had an absolute love for the Super Cars in general. He had a COPO Camaro that he was working on and was planning on attending with his car one day. He had a vast amount of knowledge on the 427 cars. It was his passion. He was able to attend the Super Car reunion this year and had a great time. He will be greatly missed. He leaves behing a wife and 5 children. This is truly a sad day...BKH

dinograz
01-25-2001, 03:31 AM
My condolences go out to you and all of his friends and family....

Rowdy Rat
01-25-2001, 01:21 PM
Doug was a true enthusiast with a real passion for these cars. He was also a first rate person and a good friend. I will miss Doug a lot.

Stan Falenski

bowtie3168
01-25-2001, 01:41 PM
Brian,
I am very sorry about your friend passing away. I lost a buddy of mine this past fall, he was fighting cancer too. Take care again I am very sorry for your loss.

Andrew

68l30
01-25-2001, 04:35 PM
I met Doug a few years back and became good friends,he was one of the most knowledgable people I've ever met,a walking encyclopedia so to speak.He was a true enthusiast,not just for supercars,but all areas of our hobby.I wish his family & friends the best. God Bless you Doug,We will all miss you!

Chevy454
01-25-2001, 07:35 PM
Brian; Sorry to hear about the passing of Doug. I know there are no words that can take away the hurt that you, his family and many friends are feeling right now. Our prayers are with all of you. Please give everyone there our condolences. Tom, Rob and families.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
01-25-2001, 07:36 PM
My sympathy to Doug's friends and family.

I got to know Doug through Brian, and he was an all around super guy. Doug's knowledge on COPO cars was excellent, and he was always willing to share his experiences of local Cleveland supercars. It was nice seeing him at various shows like Vette-Fest, Pittsburgh Autorama, ect. He was a friend who will surely be missed.

Marlin

Mr Yenko
01-25-2001, 08:51 PM
Brian,
I'am so SORRY http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/frown.gif
Please send my deepest sympathy to Doug's family and Friends. I got to meet Doug at the Yenko Reunion this past year. I wish that i could have gotten to know Doug better.

COPO
01-25-2001, 09:18 PM
Brian,

Sorry to hear of Doug's passing. While I did not have the pleasure of meeting him, I do remember seeing his COPO at your shop last year and you speaking highly of him. Sounds like a great loss for our hobby.

RLS_Jr
01-26-2001, 02:12 AM
Brian,

My prayers are with you and Dougs family.

Ron

CopoDoug
01-30-2001, 06:49 AM
I want to thank Brian, Joe, Stan, Steve, Bob, Mike and all you guys for the prayers and support you have given me, Doug and the children both now and in the past. Doug lived his life to the fullest as best he could and I am thankful to all his "car buddies" who didn't let him down and helped him really enjoy his last few years. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH!
Marge