PDA

View Full Version : Yenko Camaro Parts

Yenkofan
02-01-2001, 08:25 PM
Classic Industries (1-800-854-1280) makes the 68 Yenko hood. It's fiberglass with two scoop openings. It runs $349 for the hood without hardware and a prop kit.
So glad to hear your dad saw his old car and it was still "alive".
Good luck
Gary

68 YENKO
02-02-2001, 05:55 AM
Hi, My dad had a 68 Yenko Camaro back in 1970 with the big 427. He sold the car in 1975 for $1700. I am from Pittsburgh and at a World of Wheels car show we found his old car. My dad about cried when the guy let him sit in his old car. My dad's car was a local street terror that was owned by several people in the valley. It was that light blue originally and painted black when he got it. He has told me since I was little what great times he had with the car. I have heard a story about him running a crossbolt 427 Ford and smokin' it about a zillion times. I am in the process now, though of tracking down a solid 68 Camaro and putting the car together like his Yenko was built. The thing that he most loved about the car was the fiberglass hood with the two air openings up front. Does anyone know where I can get an original or better yet a reproduction. Thanks for helping me make a dream come true. Steve

bkhpah
02-02-2001, 12:21 PM
I remember that day well. We were the guys that restored your dads old car. How is he? I saw him at the Camaro show in Latrobe this summer. I look forward to seeing you guys again. Are you going to the Pittsburgh WOW show this weekend. We will be there with a car. look us up..BKH

Charley Lillard
02-02-2001, 02:43 PM
Brian...... Are you going to tell us about the car you are bringing ? :-)

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-03-2001, 05:19 AM
C:
Why don't you come on in for the show?? I am leaving later today to make the 5-6 hour drive out, it is a good show because a lot of attendees know about Yenko cars ect..
Marlin