PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Ray Morrison

bowtie3168
02-08-2001, 06:15 PM
I wanted to let the other members of the Supercar Registry know that Ray Morrison and his '68 Nova appear in the lastest issue of "Super Chevy"magazine. I am happy to see Ray and his Nova get some press. I think that Ray's Nova is super special (not only)because it is 1 of 50 Novas that Fred Gibb special ordered with a L-78/Turbo 400 combo, but also because it was then was converted to a 427 car by Dick Harrell. Ray bought the car new and took delivery of it from Dick himself! Ray is a great guy and always goes out of his way to share his Supercar knowledge with anyone who requests it. Ray is one of the many reasons I consider being a memeber of Supercar to be an honor. Congrats Ray!
Andrew
(Super Chevy April 2001 Volume 30,#4 page 44)

Mr70
02-08-2001, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up.I will pick up that issue.I attended the 2nd annual Fred Gibb Show last year and was surprised at how many people showed up with stories and memorabilia ala Don Yenko fans.I small but devoted group.I actually found Fred Gibbs old Showroom Furniture and displays someone had stored away.His widow has much knowledge still as well.Seems some off his original cars are still in this area also.

Ray Morrison
02-09-2001, 02:30 AM
Thanks Guys,

The first I knew about the picture and short article being in the April issue of Super Chevy, was when a friend called me at work and said there is a picture and short article about the Nova at the Chevy Vette/Fest. I was dissappointed to find that not a great lot was said concerning the excellent showcase of all the COPO and Dealer built cars.They did mention Larry Christenson's ZL-1 and the award he received, but with no picture or story? Mark Hastett, Gary Holub, and maybe others were Gold Spinner winners, nothing said about this or any pictures. Gary Holub also did a great deal of work in organizing this show, which should have also been mentioned. I am glad to see Mark Guarise got a picture of his nice 71 Motion Camaro, but with a show with so many fine examples of automotive history, I feel a little sensationalized to have this coverage.The thing that I am happy about, is that both Fred Gibb and Dick Harrell were mentioned. By the way, What is an L-70? Since the L-72 is 425 horsepower, the L-71 is 435 horsepower, is the L-70 the 450 horsepower version? I guess you never get to old to learn?

Ray

JoeC
02-09-2001, 12:54 PM
Ray and his Nova is the best example of what the old car hobby is all about. An original owner who knows the history of his rare SuperCar and is willing to spend time sharing his knowledge and experience with other people. Ray and Valerie Harrell did a great job providing an interesting presentation on Dick Harrell at SuperCar R3. Here is a shot of Ray with his 32 year old tee shirt. I hope Ray doesn't mind my posting it here. Lighting was bad. Ray is much more handsome in real life.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1169942&a=8610131&p=40478864

Chevy454
02-09-2001, 01:23 PM
Are you sure Ray isn't the 32 year old in the picture?! Anyone who knows Ray will understand what I am talking about...he seems to always be "on the go". He has as much or more enthusiasm for these cars as anyone I know, and I will have to say that it's about time he gets some credit!

CONGRATS RAY!