PDA

View Full Version : 1969 ZL1 Camaro

Steve Shauger
02-11-2001, 12:50 AM
I thought everyone would be interested in what I found at the Atlantic city car auction. Well I found or should I say Golden Classics (NJ car dealer) found a L.A. built ZL1 vin 124379L502502. What a surprise. I think it was "ignition man's". Yep #70 has been located Ha Ha.

Charley Lillard
02-11-2001, 01:26 AM
I miss him.. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/burnout.gif

bowtie3168
02-11-2001, 06:54 PM
You beat me,Paceme! I moved the paper on the dash (that was covering the vin # on the AC ZL1)and saw the "L" (in the vin#) I then made them open the hood to see the firewall tag, when confronted with the info they soon told me that they "were not sure what the car was". The paper covering the Vin # was a bogus "Berger" window sticker. What did you think of the Black (ext)/houndstooth (int) bogus Yenko that they had?
Andrew

K Pascoe
02-11-2001, 11:37 PM
The ZL-1 that was at Atlantic City was in Charlotte NC last spring for sale. The guy who was selling it last year at the event admitted it was a clone and he was asking 65k for the car.

Charley Lillard
02-12-2001, 01:36 AM
http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/burnout.gif So what did it get Bid up to at the Auction ?????? http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/burnout.gif

K Pascoe
02-12-2001, 02:10 AM
The ZL-1 at AC was in the car corral and did not run thru the auction.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-12-2001, 01:48 PM
Golden Classics!! What a place!!

My 'friend' Nick the owner hustles me away from the poor suckers who are buying cars there every time, it's fun.

People will pay when they see nice paint, they don't do any research - amazing. I think I need to visit there again soon, they had a Yenko clone there last time. They said it was a 'Yenko, enough discussion'.
M

[Edited by YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY (02-12-2001 at 08:48 AM).]

Charley Lillard
02-12-2001, 02:48 PM
He is your friend ? My friend had to cut up a "Rust Free" 66 Nova that came from there. The guy that bought it trusted them over the phone rather than fly out and look at it.

NWYENKO
02-12-2001, 04:58 PM
Charley, I think Marlin and this guy are as close as you and Ign Man!!!

bowtie3168
02-12-2001, 06:57 PM
Marlin is very,very,very right! I have experienced first hand the crap that goes on down there. I went with a buddy of mine to verify the authenticity of a 1969 Camaro Z-28 RS that was sold(to one of his customers) at a show in Pennsylvania. After checking the car out we had a list of things wrong with this "matching # rare car". Here they are: right block, wrong date heads, wrong intake, wrong carb, wrong shifter, wrong alt, wrong fan, right trans, wrong bellhousing, and this is the greatest.... "Chambered exhaust running to a single Flowmaster muffler". I could not believe it. I have a wealthy buddy who is facinated by bright shiny objects who bought a 1967 Chevelle SS 396 from the same dealer that happened to have a MATCHING NUMBER 283 in it!!!!!!!!!!!!! No joke.
Andrew

K Pascoe
02-12-2001, 09:44 PM
I see everyone is familiar with Golden classics. They see me at the shows and have interest in my cars but I usually end up blowing them off by telling them I'm not here to sell a car to a dealer I'm here to sell someone a car who appreciates it.

Charley Lillard
02-13-2001, 05:18 AM
Ahhhh.. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/burnout.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-13-2001, 05:39 AM
Charlie;
Nick is no friend - I meant that sarcastically!!

He hustled me all over that place when I was there in order keep me away from some buyers that they were conning into a big block '72 Chevelle. I attempted to assist the 19 year old buyer and his parents by telling them where the engine codes would be, and how to verify them. Nick intercepted me to tell me about the Lemans Blue '69 Yenko Camaro out back. 'Nice car' I said, 'where is the trim tag?' 'Under the hood', Nick said. I asked to see this trim tag, (I knew it had been removed by the guys in upstate New York who had built the car, and brought it Super Chevy - Maple Grove the previous month). Eventually, Nick lifted the hood and gave me some story about the missing trim tag. I told him I knew the car was a clone. 'Let me show you a '70 Z28 I have in the showroom'!!! No thanks - go pound sand. This place is completely dishonest, Golden what??
M

Jeff H
02-15-2001, 07:51 PM
I see that Nick is everyone's favorite "matching #'s" dealer. Those guys kill me with their lack of knowledge about the cars they sell. But the fact that they knowingly misrepresent cars is waht bothers me. I'm still not sure how they stay in business. I've personally seen him take a local car and jack the price up $5000 just for putting it on his showroom floor. Good thing there's guys like Charley around to help us guys looking for JL8's and ZL1's! I can't wait to see what numbers matching car he will have at Englishtown in April.

tmilecki
02-18-2001, 03:05 AM
Its nice to know about the bad guys out their. Any Stories about the dealers in the Chicago area. I have a few.

Belair62
02-18-2001, 03:16 AM
I live in the Chicago area too. I think the most important thing to keep in mind is YOU have to know what you are looking at. The dealer is there to sell cars and make money. He may or may not know what he is selling or he may be a crook. There are good and bad but you need to do your homework.

rbernat
02-18-2001, 06:43 PM
i believe a friend of mine may have purchased the black "yenko" camaro at atlantic city.was this car advertised as a clone?i would appreciate any input.
rich

K Pascoe
02-18-2001, 09:27 PM
rbernat, The Yenko was advertised as a clone at Atlantic City. I didn't get a chance to look it over but it appeared to be a decent car. The price that was floating around there was $35-40k,any idea? Ken

rbernat
02-18-2001, 11:58 PM
ken,
do not know exact price but was told mid 30's.any details that would justify such a price?
rich

rbernat
02-20-2001, 11:35 PM
andrew,
thanks for the input,i'm hoping to be at the musclecar show&go ,i'm usually a vendor at the swap meet.if all goes well both the biscayne and nova will be there this year.
rich

bowtie3168
02-21-2001, 05:04 AM
rbernat,
I could not swear to it but I don't remeber seeing "Clone" anywhere on the car. There was a Yenko clone parked right by the black "Yenko" and that car was presented as a clone. By the way, will we see your Biscayne at RP this season? I would love to see it there.
Andrew