PDA

View Full Version : Bob Johnson Chev

gambitti
02-14-2001, 11:48 PM
I talked to an ex-employee of this chevrolet dealership and he mentioned that they sold various Yenkos. I was wondering if anyone had any other info on this dealership? Also,I was talking with the owners of Broadway Chevrolet In GreenBay Wi this week and they said their Dad owned the dealership in the 60's and 70's and made two TV commmericals with Yenkos. One with a Camaro and another With Three Deuces! He said WHYB(Television Co.)saves alot of old commercials ads. I'll See what I can do.

JoeC
02-15-2001, 10:29 AM
TV commmericals with Yenkos-sounds interesting. I hope you can find them.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-15-2001, 01:42 PM
Very cool, would like to see the deuce commercial! I know one of the three deuces will be a Forest Green 4sp car, it has been located and is stashed away.
BKH restored a Rallye Green '69 Y-Camaro that was originally sold out of Broadway - maybe that car is in the other commercial??

Bob Johnson sold several Yenkos. I know they sold Camaros and Chevelles but I do not know of any '70 Yenko Novas.
M

gambitti
02-15-2001, 01:59 PM
Marlin, The owners were only fifeteen when the commericials came out but they remember A silver,green,red deuce on the lot. Do you know if Bob Johnson Chev(Wausau) Yunker(Good ole Milwaukee)or HultS(Madison) Sold Deuces. I've heard that these Dealerships sold Yenkos in in 69. I understand that you are restoring a nova. If you have any part needs, maybe I can help. I've been involved with nova parts for plenty of years. This goes of course, to anyone on the Forum. Thanks Gambitti

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-15-2001, 03:04 PM
G;
I do not have any knowledge of '70 Yenko Novas being sold out of Bob Johnson or Yunkers Chev. There were at least 3 sold out of Thorstad Chev, which was actually Hult Chev. Thorstad purchased Hult in '67, but did not actually change the name to Thorstad until '70. Thorstad sold a Sunflower Yellow, a Citrus Green and a third unknown color '70 Yenko Novas, they were all 4 speeds without power steering.

Dale Chev. in Waukesha, WI also sold 3 '70 Yenko Novas. They were Forest Green, Fathom Blue, and Cranberry Red, and were all 4 speeds without power steering. Finally, Green Bay Chev. in Green Bay, WI sold at least one '70 Yenko Nova. It was a Cortez Silver, 4speed, non power steering car, and was the 6th car produced. It has not been found to my knowledge.
Marlin

Oh yea, I could use a correct grained, non a/c, black dash pad!!!

[Edited by YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY (02-15-2001 at 10:04 AM).]

gambitti
02-15-2001, 03:36 PM
Hey Marlin, I have a couple of Non A/c dashes. in fact I just took a beautiful green one out yesterday. I also have some parts cars lying around the shed with with fairly nice black dashes. Nice dashes are pretty hard to find these days but I know a couple guys that stockpiled Gm nova parts in the 70's. I'll ask around. Hults Chevrolet moved to Stoughton Wi. My contact is almost positive that Hults sold a 69 yenko Nova and various Yenko camaros. He even thought one may have been gold! Did you ever get in contact with this dealership? I think they still operate in Madison.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-15-2001, 06:59 PM
Gambitti;
Hult did sell an Olympic Gold Y-Camaro. The car has been crushed, but there is a guy in WI who has the tags and another guy who has some of the dash parts. It would not surprise me that Hult sold at least one '69 Yenko Nova, they probably sold more.

Let me know what you find in the way of a nice black dash pad, I would prefer not to dye one.
Thanks,
Marlin

Kurt S
02-15-2001, 10:05 PM
The axle out of the gold Yenko ended up in a ZL1.
Kurt