PDA

View Full Version : Surviving COPO & Yenko Chevelles

Belair62
03-17-2001, 06:40 PM
Does anybody know about how many Yenko and COPO Chevelles still exist ???

JoeC
03-19-2001, 02:51 PM
I have read that there were between 30 and 35 Yenko Chevelles still around. Tom can you tell us how many are registered with the SuperCar Registry? I do not know how many COPO Chevelles are around and I don't think anyone even knows how many were sold. I have read estimates that 323 were built based on the COPO Chevelles engine code production number but in my opinion this number is high. From my guesstimations it is more like 200. Any other opinions on this? It will be interesting to see how many COPO Chevelles show up at the ACES Chevell-Abration show in TN this June. The ACES President and TNN Horsepower TV host Chuck Hanson is looking for more COPO Chevelles to attend. His number is 615-773-ACES

Mr70
03-19-2001, 04:59 PM
I'll be there with my 1970 L-78 SS Chevelle.Although mine is not a Supercar,I hope to see Brians 1968 Dick Harrell Chevelle we talked about earlier as well as others.June 7 is only 2&1/2 months away. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/burnout.gif

bkhpah
03-19-2001, 06:48 PM
The Harrell Chevelle is Joe's not Brians. Just to clear that up....BKH

9566 BA
03-21-2001, 11:00 PM
I talked to Chuck Hanson a couple of weeks ago and he indicated there was about 8 super cars coming so far to the show in June.
I just purchased a 69 copo chevelle and I am
planning on taking mine. I am very fortunate I live 10 miles from where the show is being held. ... Jeff

bkhpah
03-22-2001, 02:40 AM
Congrats on the COPO Chevelle. We are bringing the 427 Harrell Chevelle from Pittsburgh PA, Not the closest trip. We are looking forward to this show. We have never been to the Chevelle nats before..BkH

A69COPO2
03-26-2001, 05:49 AM
To help in the count, I have around 38 COPO Chevelles, accounted for. Of those, I've accounted for almost all COPO Chevelles, sent to Canada. If any one wants to add to this list, I would like to start a registery. Any thoughts are welcome. I have spoken to Chuck and I'm trying to get the B/M chassis there, but not sure, some parts are killing us, to locate. Hope to see some of the folks there, from the this site. I went last year, and had a very good time.

Regards, MIKE http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/burnout.gif

Belair62
04-04-2001, 03:28 AM
Tom C., is it possible for you to tally up how many COPO Chevelles are registered ? Interested in how many California built vs. other plants vs. Canada ???? Maybe Ed Cunneen could help out here too or whoever else may have this type of info....is there a way anyone can determine how many COPO's were even assembled in California/Fremont ?

A69COPO2
04-04-2001, 03:58 AM
I have found only One COPO Chevelle, with factory P-O-P, to prove it, that was built in CA. I have never heard of one, nor have I receieved any info on one until this one was revealed. I have about 14 Canada received COPO Chevelle, with some sort of papers, weather it be a copy of the Build sheet, or listing of received cars, supporting this. I have about another 20 plus, COPO Chevelles accounted for, here in the USA, not including the few Canada received COPO, IE..Fred's frost green COPO 427/Auto. In total about 35-40 COPO's are accounted for, with mine being the most Optioned out COPO. Most of the Canada COPO's where M22 with Chamber exhaust. Hope this helps out. Regards,MIKE ([email protected])
http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif