PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody remember these movies??

whitetop
03-20-2001, 08:58 PM
Everybody has heard of Bullitt, American Graffiti, Vanishing Point etc. But what about these??
Back in '76-'77 there was a t.v. movie of the week where two guys went across country hauling a '70-'72 red Chevelle SS on a custom car hauler. The truck and "ramp" truck were also painted red. The main guy picked up the other guy-they were past friends and his motorcyle. The car was drag raced and also circle tracked I believe-hey it's Hollywood. There is a slight possibilty the car may have been a 442 but I'm not sure. Has anybody seen this movie besides me??

Anybody see the the movie Corky?? Besides Robert Blake, the real star of the movie is the George Barris customized '67 Barracuda complete with Superbird style wing, side pipes, wide slotted rims and lace /panel paint. In the beginning the car street races a green '69 SS Camaro-great side by side footage. There is also a '70 Chevelle SS in the shop where Corky works. The movie was made in '70 or '71.

How about the movie "Outrage" circa '73 starring Robert Stack and his family who are terrorized by the local neighborhood kids. One kid has a '56 straight axled Chevy Nomad and another with a '70-'73 Camaro Street machine. Stack finally has enough at the end(after they run over the family dog) and goes to the kids house who has the Nomad and while the family is watching from the window(they know he is really ticked off and refuse to come outside) burns up the car with gasoline. This movie was based upon an actual event.

Anybody have copies of these movies??

whitetop

Mr70
03-21-2001, 01:52 PM
There is a Plastc Model kit called "Red Alert" based on the Red 1970 LS-6 Chevelle that Bob Hamliton drag raced.They made a Van and Trailer kit as well in the 1972 Chevelle bodystyle.Sounds like this movie was based on that.
Corky sounds familar but I can't picture it.
I do remember "Outrage".What a great 70's Revenge movie.It was an ABC Movie of the week.I believe it starred Robert Culp, from I-Spy.Robert Stack was in The Untouchables.
Now you've get my memory banks churning. Anyone know where we can get these?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
03-21-2001, 01:55 PM
Whitetop;
You might rent 'Dazed and Confused' with Mathew McConaughy, and the 'Weird Eddy' guy from the TV show 'Friends' that came out a few years ago. The movie is set with the senior high school class of a no name school in 1976. There is some decent footage of a '70 Chevelle SS, GTO Judge, '70 T/A, and a few others. The dialogue is best with the TV on 'mute'.

What about 'Two Lane Blacktop' with James Taylor and Dennis Wilson?? It is finally out of the courts, and available on tape or in a special box package.
Marlin

bowtie3168
03-21-2001, 02:39 PM
Whitetop,
Check out www.motorcam.com I met the owner at the Atlantic City Auction and he had just about every car movie. Telephone # 1-800-240-1777. Tell them that you learned of his company thru the sYc. There is a racer at the track that knows every movie (car) I will foward your question.

Andrew

whitetop
03-21-2001, 06:06 PM
The Barracuda from Corky was also used in the Sears Diehard commercial in the early to mid '70's. The dads car would not start so he borrowed his son's and the end of the commercial the car was stalling & lurching down the street obviusly driven by the dad with no "street machine" experience. It's funny how these cars get recycled. The 55 Chevy in Two Lane Blacktop is the same car in American Graffitti. There were 3 Cuda's made. One was destroyed making the movie. One was in Mopar Collectors Guide 5-6 years ago still with George Barris paint for $6500. The other car is reportably still in Texas.

Here is another movie from the '70's. Any ideas??It dealt with some kids on the run from the law in either '67 or '68 Camaro-the car was dark blue SS. After the car is totally trashed they "borrow" a really nice '69-'70 Mach 1 Mustang(green?) from a friend and trash it too. This was a really low budget/no name flick. It was not "Eat My Dust"
whitetop

[Edited by whitetop (03-21-2001 at 12:46 PM).]

[Edited by whitetop (03-21-2001 at 01:06 PM).]

whitetop
03-21-2001, 09:18 PM
Here is the Nomad from the movie "Outrage"

[img]<a href=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1314220&a=9759263&p=44397972>See my photo, outrage at PhotoPoint</a>[img]

Here are some pictures of Corky's Cuda
[img]<a href=http://albums.Photopoint.com/j/View?u=1314220&a=9759263&p=44399978>See my photo, corky at PhotoPoint</a>[img]
[Edited by whitetop (03-21-2001 at 03:46 PM).]

[Edited by whitetop (03-21-2001 at 04:16 PM).]

[Edited by whitetop (03-21-2001 at 04:18 PM).]

kiva75
03-22-2001, 05:06 AM
I recently bought Two Lane Blacktop and what do you want to bet that it's the same GTO in Dazed? Just kidding, but it is another best with the mute on.

What about a movie where a kid comes to town to race the local "legend" called the "Iceman" and the local cop keeps trying to run him out of town claiming the Iceman is dead. Well, the kid starts dating the cop's daughter and in the end he kidnaps her and the ransom is a grudge match with Iceman. Turns out that the cop is the Iceman, who quit street racing after his wife was killed in a race he was driving. So the cop goes down to the local junkyard and gets his old ride out of storage, "Kept 'er tuned the way you like it, knew you'd be back, Iceman" says the toothless mechanic at the yard, and I swear it's the '55 from Graffiti and Two Lane. Anyways they race and the kid ends up running his Chevelle(?) into a bulldozer ala Vanishing Point.

Anyone?

Britt

JoeC
03-22-2001, 05:34 AM
Corky's coming
smell the rubber burn
Hear the women scream
http://www.sd455.com/moviecorky.htm

you can find info on most of these good old movies on the Internet

best part of "two lane black top" is listening to the M22 wine in the 55 Chevy
http://www.cinetropic.com/blacktop/stone.html

Buddy
03-28-2001, 06:12 PM
Kiva75: That was an episode from Tales from the crypts. It was with Bradd Pitt as the racer in the yellow 68-9 velle and he terrorizes the cop who has a 55-6-7 (can never tell em apart) and the cop refuses..blah blah blah.

Every now and then they re-air it on the show. I caught it once and taped it.

Rob