PDA

View Full Version : Martha Yenko dies

bkhpah
04-02-2001, 05:31 AM
My dad just informed me that Martha Yenko, Dons mother has passed away. As I get more info I will pass it along..BKH

JoeC
04-03-2001, 03:35 AM
I did a search of the obituaries and found the following;

YENKO, Martha Elizabeth Campbell, 97, of McMurray, died March 28. Thompson-Marodi Funeral Home, Bentleyville.

bowtie3168
04-03-2001, 08:02 PM
Thank you for the information. Living to 97 is quite a feat. You think about all the things that she saw change during her lifetime. It is sad to think about a parent having to bury their child. Without her there would be no Yenko Supercars, I wonder if she realized the effect that her son's work had on all of our lives. Does anyone have more info on the Yenko family? I mean when did Don's father die? Was Don an only child? I know that he has two daughters. What was the story behind his death? I know that he died in a plane crash and that he was the pilot.
Andrew

JoeC
04-04-2001, 02:21 AM
According to a Pittsburgh news article, Don Yenko and three passengers were killed on March 5, 1987, when his Cessna 210 crashed after landing at Yeager Airport near Charleston, W. Va. They went there to look for property to establish an auto auction. When the plane touched the runway it shot off to the right, clipped some trees, then plunged 300 feet down a gully. All four were killed on impact. The article (1987) listed his parents and two daughters as surviving family. I believe Don also has two ex-wives.

bowtie3168
04-04-2001, 04:03 PM
Martha Elizabeth Campbell Yenko,97 of McMurray died Wednesday, March 28, 2001 in St. Clair Hospital, Pittsburg. She was born May 23,1903, in Clarion, a daughter of John Cuthbart Campbell and Ida Branfield Campbell. She graduated from Clarion State Teachers College in 1924. She then moved to Ellsworth where she taught school. While in Ellsworth, she met her husband, Frank Yenko, who died April 13,1997. They celebrated 70 years of marriage together. Mrs. Yenko and her husband, along with their late son,Don Yenko,co-owned and operated the former Yenko Chevrolet, first in Bentleyville, and later in Canonsburg and McMurray. The family also owned and operated Yenko Honda, Yenko Subaru and Yenko Porsche,Audi and Fiat dealerships in western Pennsylvania. She was the payroll master and notary for the dealerships.She was a member of Trinity United Methodist Church in McMurray, Daughters of the American Pioneers, longstanding member of the Monongahela Valley White Shrine No.9, Monongahela Order of the Eastern Star Chapter 108, an officer of the Missionary Society and the Clarion College Glee Club and Womens's Basketball Team. She was a former member of the Bentleyville United Methodist Church, former president of the Republican Club of Bentleyville, and past president of the Busisness and Professional Women. Mrs Yenko was an avid Pittsburg Pirates fan. She and her husband also enjoyed and won several dance contests. Surviving are two granddaughters, a brother and several nieces and nephews. Deceased are four sisters, and two brothers. Sevices were Saturday March 30, 2001. And the funeral took place on Sunday March 31, 2001 at Trinity United Methodist Church, McMurray, Pennsylvania, with the Rev. Joel S. Garrett officiating. Interment followed at Beallsville Cemetery. MAY GOD BLESS YOU MRS.YENKO.