PDA

View Full Version : Brian Henderson Article in July MCR..

Charley Lillard
04-23-2001, 03:20 PM
Nice article by Brian on Restoration mistakes. I recognize that decklid with the smear in the paint ....Cool......

04-23-2001, 06:39 PM
Brian, you state that the tailpanels on bb Camaros are gloss black and not satin, what degree gloss are you talking about? Same as the finish on the rest of the car? What about the rocker panels on cars that had them black? Your input is appreciated....RatPack.........

bkhpah
04-23-2001, 07:28 PM
On the introduction of the article that was edited down, I mentioned that all the info that I have gathered was with Norwood Camaros for the most part. So there may be some LA cars checking in that may disagree with my findings and thats OK. With this in mind, every original paint BB Camaro from Norwood I have looked at had a high gloss tail panel. I would say that 90% is a fair value. The panel was painted very fast and you can see body color shine through areas in some cases. I have noted that undersides of the lock cylinder and other areas that needed the gun to be shot from an upward angle rarely are covered well. If your car still has any original finish left check the trunk weatherstrip area. The original finish is sometimes saved even after repaints. As for the rockers they appear to have the same higher gloss finish as well. Once again these areas were painted less than perfect. Often the underside of the rocker is left oversprayed and very light with blackout. As for next place we are going. The Chevelle-a-Bration in Tennesse with the Dick Harrell Chevelle. We will be judging the Diamond class Camaros and doing a Yenko Seminar along with Marlin Spotts at the Carlisle GM Nationals Friday and Saturday. This should be a fun event. As for autographs, that would be a first!...BKH

bkhpah
04-24-2001, 05:00 AM
Thanks Charlie. The new MCR magazine is full of cars and ideas from the Super Car Registry. Members Mark Hassett's L89 69 Chevelle, Mike Gaurse 67 Hemi racer, and a good article on alternator resto by Frank Payne. I hope you enjoy the resto mistake article, It was a fun article to do...BKH

Mr70
04-24-2001, 05:56 AM
Very nice issue Brian.Where will you be at next? I would like to get a personalized Autographed copy. http://www.yenko.net/ubb/smilies/images/icons/smile.gif

69yenkoman
04-25-2001, 03:32 AM
Does Muscle Car Review have a web site. I curently do not subscribe to the magazine but would like to. I know pretty bad huh!! I am fairly new to this stuff (love drag racing and hot rod cars) but still in the rookie stages of learing about supercars of the good old days. I think the magazine and this site are all I need. There is tons of good info here, and everyone is willing to share what they know.

bbdon
04-25-2001, 08:33 PM
Here it is, but it is not the best site. they used to post some articles from the magazine, but they stopped doing that.
http://www.d-p-g.com/

Chevy454
04-25-2001, 09:15 PM
I had a guy inquire on the www.fordvschevy.com (http://www.fordvschevy.com) site about subscribing to MCR. He said he had sent email after email to them, with no avail. Wherever it is that he lives, MCR isn't on the newsstands, so he has been having to get his "fix" elsewhere.

It may be best if someone sends you a subscription card. If you are interested, just let me know!

Chevy454
08-29-2001, 06:14 PM
It's in my profile...

69yenkoman
08-29-2001, 06:21 PM
Chevy 454:

I forgot that I could lookup your email address on this site. I will send you an email tonight when I get home. I noticed you are from Alton MO. I looked it up on the map and it looks like you are near the Arkansas border. How many hours are you from KC? I live in a small town 10 miles west of KC. Just wondering how close we actually are. Anyone else you know of from out neck of the MidWest?

Look for my email this evening, and thanks in advance

Chevy454
08-29-2001, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I'm about 5 hours from KC. Rayburn Morrison ('68 Harrell-Gibb Nova) is a member(Ray_Morrison on this board), and he is from West Plains, MO. I think that takes care of the Missouri members here, but I'm pretty sure mr70 is from the midwest (Illinois?) as well.

69yenkoman
08-29-2001, 07:05 PM
No one from the great state of Kansas huh? How far is West Plains from KC? I'll talk to ya this evening

69Y

69yenkoman
08-30-2001, 05:39 AM
Can you send me a subscription card for the magazine?

Thanks

Chevy454
08-30-2001, 05:46 AM
What's your address?

69yenkoman
08-30-2001, 05:57 AM
Do you have an email address? I can send it to you when I get home tonight. I would rather do that then post it here.